Old September 8, 2003, 10:58   #211
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

Local Time: 06:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Russian Navy

There is no russian navy anymore...
Old September 8, 2003, 11:39   #212
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by FiGu
Entente Turn
MAJOR VICTORY FOR Royal Navy! The German fleet bayed at Antwerpen along with the Antwerpen Garrison is completly destroyed! Le Havre Bombarded also by Navy Units. Hamburg Garrison Completly destroyed!
French Forces made a major counter attack against the German Forces in the Northern France, which ended up in Numerous casaulties to the German forces!
Oh and London Recaptured. Vive la Allies!

Italian Turn
ITALY DECLARES WAR ON AUSTRIA, GERMANY AND THE OTTOMAN EMPIRE!

AUSTRIAN NAVY COMPLETLY DESTROYED!

Italian forces moves in the Alps to meet the Pitty Austrian resistance!

Crap!

Dude i had 6 infantries and a cav garissoned in Antwerpen!

Fu_ck!

Could you be more specific about that "offensive in northern france that ended in numerous casualities"?
Old September 8, 2003, 11:58   #213
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 08:05
Just a stack destroyed in the offensive in northern france.. it had.. 2-4 units. don't remember..

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old September 8, 2003, 14:22   #214
Nilat
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStates
King

And when you attacked english navy, FiGu had hided his navy and then I attacked your navy by suprise and attacked the cities!

Good work my mighty ally!

Last edited by Nilat; September 10, 2003 at 00:13.
Old September 8, 2003, 14:50   #215
academia
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 02:05
Well, it seems the war is over. The allies will easily kick german/austrian/turkish butts.
Surrender while you have time to negotiate.
Old September 8, 2003, 15:09   #216
Nilat
King

And if you want to negoatiate, you have 1% chance to get peace
Old September 9, 2003, 15:57   #217
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

This war is far from over i assure you. The Kriegsmarine still has about 10 ships and is ready to die fighting.

As for your offensive in Northern france, i checked my turn. the only unit not in trenches was an infantry in hills south of Le Havre(You attacked infantry in hills?How many men did you loose?).

Propaganda revealed!

Stalin dude play your turn.
Old September 9, 2003, 17:27   #218
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Stalin II
And when you attacked england navy, FiGu had hided his navy and then I attacked your navy by suprise and attacked the cities!

Good work my mighty ally!

?

Last time i checked the Russian navy was wiped out, the RN crippled and no German cities were captured.

On the other hand: Le havre and Verdun have been taken, London and Leicester raided and German forces have penetrated deep into French territory.

We have even kicked your ass in Africa as the colonial British forces are in full retreat.

Not to mention the capture of Skopje by our Ottoman allies.
Old September 10, 2003, 00:04   #219
Nilat
King

You right that there is no Russian navy, and soon there wont be any German navy
Old September 10, 2003, 00:10   #220
Nilat
King

War against Germany

The russian army has killed 3 german army units around Königsberg. One german army unit and one 3.7 Field gun unit.
We are closing up on Königsberg quickly!

War against Austria-Hungary

The third Austrian army unit has been killed in this war! All three have been annihilated by russian forces! (the 2 in the first turn and one in this turn) Austrian Artillery disabled near Lemberg.

War against the Ottomans

The first ottoman troops land troops have been destroyed in this war! (3.7 Field gun) Its the beginning of the end of the ottomans

Russian casualties have been very low! The germans have the most BWAAAHAHAHHAHA

P.S Happy new year!
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia1915jan.net (455.9 KB, 3 views)
Old September 10, 2003, 05:38   #221
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

If the Russians were men enough to atack Koenigsburg itself they wouldn't be talking about light casualities.

Do i take it that the German army and 3.7 field gun are the units south of Warsaw?

Now i am pretty sure that a German infantry defending a stream is quite indomitable.You must have lost at least 3-4 units yourself in the proccess.

Propaganda revealed!

P.S BTw i would suggest to the allied General staffs that they start bragging when they ACTUALLY capture a city.
Old September 10, 2003, 06:35   #222
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

We are still allowed to comment on the scenario, right?

More proposals: The 3.7 inch gun is worthless.It is suited neither for attack nor defence. If you meant it as a tactical support artillery that would kill infantry in tactical situations(i.e not in cities) then raise its HPs by 2(at least) and its attack.

If this is not what you meant it for, then i suggest you ditch it. Replace with either Austrian or Italian cavalry.

That brings us to another point. Cavalries in the scenario are quite impotent(as they were in real WW1).Now i say you give them the 2 space visibility flag to better suit the reckon role they eventually degenerated into.

Moreover the Submarine warfare is not simulated well enough. Not only the Germans do not start with any subs whatsoever(i guess the allies too) but the ones they can build are crap. A coastal submarine unit is not really needed(it can barely win a fight against destroyers) plus a generic sub unit could easily count for both types(High seas and Coastal).

Also the Sub hunter unit is not something people would regulary build.The destroyer is twice as good and they fullfill the same role.
Old September 10, 2003, 09:40   #223
jim panse
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Thank you for those comments, Pericles. I will take some notes for the next version!
Old September 10, 2003, 10:00   #224
Nilat
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Palaiologos
If the Russians were men enough to atack Koenigsburg itself they wouldn't be talking about light casualities.

Do i take it that the German army and 3.7 field gun are the units south of Warsaw?

Now i am pretty sure that a German infantry defending a stream is quite indomitable.You must have lost at least 3-4 units yourself in the proccess.

Propaganda revealed!

P.S BTw i would suggest to the allied General staffs that they start bragging when they ACTUALLY capture a city.
The german army unit and the 3.7 field gun (south of Warsaw) were killed without casualties! I had artillery in Warsaw.

I have been VERY lucky in two PBEMs now:

This PBEM, cause I have killed units without heavy casualties (And Im not reloading my turns!)

And 2194 days of war at CDG, cause I keep on finding U-boats
Old September 11, 2003, 00:38   #225
Nilat
King

And I agree with Palaiologos with the 3.7 field gun thing.
MG positions are too cheap!
Old September 11, 2003, 09:18   #226
jim panse
King

Thanks for that feedback!
Old September 11, 2003, 15:23   #227
Galvatron
Civilization II PBEMPtWDG Glory of War
Prince

Local Time: 00:05
AUSTRIA STRIKES BACK

Today our glorious army strike back against all enemies of the Empire. Our famous and well trained "Kaiserjäger"Division attacked and annihilated 3 (in words: THREE) div's from the treacherous Italians. Given the starting amount of the Italians we assume that should our success continues (and we are sure it will) the Italian army will be destroyed in one year

You should have waited more years before you throw an untrained and unprepared country against the well trained and prepared forces of A-H. See you in Rome Italy for breakfast and Russia for lunch

Oh and yes our ever prepared forces found Russian crap soldiers trying to sneak behind our lines and attack Hungary but now they are no more. Our border guards are always ready and prepared. Do your forces a favour and stop this senseless slaughter of your men, the women of this guys will be very thankful

Austria is on the road again, wohooo
Attached Files:
File Type: net ah1915jan.net (455.9 KB, 2 views)

Proud and official translator of Yaroslavs Civilization-Diplomacy utility.
Old September 12, 2003, 00:22   #228
Nilat
King

Galvatron, I kill 3-4 German army units every turn and the german army is the best and the Russian army is the crappiest! 3 italian soldiers isnt so big...

One thing Galvatron, I suggest you will not celebrate, cause you cant survive without Germany and Germany is very Busy now And you might think why am I not attacking alot: Its because I have a plan and I dont replay my turns like someone here
Old September 12, 2003, 15:03   #229
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

The last hurah of the Kriegsmarine....
Upon hearing the news of the destruction of the war fleet at the naval battle of Antwerp, the commanders of the two remaining ships of the western fleet,rear admiral Theodor Weiss commanding "Prince Eugene" and Heinz Lutcke commanding the old warship "Moltke" decided to save the honour of the kriegsmarine.

Guns blazing, they broke out the harbour of Le havre sinking the destroyers "Palestine" and "Queen Elizabeth" with their whole crew.

Their engines at full speed they headed for the Belgian coasts where the RN was still operating against Antwerpen.
The first to make contact with the RN was the "Prince Eugene" which encountered HMS "Prince of Wales". The british commander was tottaly surprised and failed even to turn his ship about to face the fury of Weiss's ship. It was sunk with the first salvo. Despite engine failures, and having lost the element of surprise the "Prince Eugene" encountered HMSs "Victoria" and "King George". The British overconfident in their numerical superiority were overpowered by the success of "Prince Eugene" guns. "Victoria" was sunk outright while "King George" was scuttled by its own men to avoid capture by the enemy.

Following behing the "Prince Eugene" was the slower and heavier "Moltke". Spurred on by a feeling of hopelessnes(they were attacking the whole of the RN!) and exhibiting apathy for their own luck they finally encountered a squadron of British ships namely the HMSs "Odurman", "Agincourt", "Cromwell" and "India", just returning from the bombardment of Antwerpen.
Undaunted by the enemy host, commander Lutcke, to the finest traditions of the German navy, charged in the middle of their formation. With the first salvo "Agincourt" was severly damaged and withdrew(later scuttled by her crew).The ineffectiveness of British fire soon begun to tell as both "Odurman" and "India" succumbed to Moltke's 18inch guns. Loosing heart at the loss of three battleships to a single german, the commander of "Cromwell" attempted to withdraw, but he was overrun by the jubilant germans.

News of the dramatic heroism of the German naval commanders were received with mixed feelings by the General staff.

Eastern Prussia: In a splendid manouever the Imperial German army annihilated 5 Russian divisions effectively ending the siege of Koenigsburg. Things are still tough there though.

Italian front: General Ludwig has given orders for the 3rd and 7th Bavarian light infantry divisions to cross the alps and teach those insolent italians a lessons.
Already Zeppelins assigned to the German garisson of Munich have bombarded italian army possitions.
The Ober Kommand is thinking of creating a seperate arm, namely the "Airforce".

Unfortunately offers of troops to the Austrian goverment were turned down as national pride preceded national interest(Damn AI!).
Attached Files:
File Type: net pericles1915jan.net (455.9 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Palaiologos; September 12, 2003 at 18:33.
Old September 12, 2003, 16:02   #230
FiGu
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Damn, Germans, why do you always have to make suprise attacks, well.. doesn't matter, i got another Reserves aswell in UK, and another Great Fleet

Comrade Patiskov Figiskovsky serving as Commander of the 2nd Ukranian Front and Member of the Stavka in RF DG!
Current Medals: Valiant Labour Medal and Order of Glory and IRC medal
Old September 12, 2003, 18:31   #231
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

We are indomitable!

The RN lost 7 large ships(they were already damaged though) and 2 destroyers in that kriegsmarine's suicidal(or not-he, he) attack.

A great fleet you said, heh?

I always wondered about those French ships..
Old September 12, 2003, 23:49   #232
Nilat
King

When it was my turn I was hasty and I did two VERY big mistakes and no replaying was allowed so I just played a turn that wasnt the best I could give (the mistakes were army positions)
Old September 13, 2003, 04:52   #233
jim panse
King

Rhodes captured, Allied position at Suez overrun!
Along with our allies Ottoman troops have annihilated the defenders of Belgrade and wait outside for Austria to capture the city.
Also the Allied positions at the Suez channel were overrun without casualties and the Siege of Suez began.
In the Med our glorious Navy assisted our army in taking the Italian isles around Rhodes.
Attached Files:
File Type: net turkey1915jan.net (455.9 KB, 3 views)
Old September 13, 2003, 07:20   #234
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
When it was my turn I was hasty and I did two VERY big mistakes and no replaying was allowed so I just played a turn that wasnt the best I could give (the mistakes were army positions)

Speaking of mistakes i had launched an attack at a heavily fortified french possition on turn 2, loosing 4 divisions before i called it off.

The German general staff hadn't quite yet grasped the full effect of modern technology on the battlefield.

Never before we shall attempt the same thing without artillery support.

To Glory!

Last edited by Palaiologos; September 13, 2003 at 07:47.
Old September 13, 2003, 13:07   #235
Nilat
King

Palaiologos, have you noticed my mistakes?
Old September 13, 2003, 16:35   #236
academia
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 02:05
Attached Files:
File Type: zip usa1915jan.zip (57.9 KB, 3 views)
Old September 13, 2003, 19:03   #237
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
Palaiologos, have you noticed my mistakes?

Mmmmm.....

I am not sure dude. If you remember corectly i had a zepelin near Koenigsburg that limited your movements.Hiding under it was an infantry unit that attacked two of your units(in a stack) that aproached in the open. I doubt this was a mistake cause you would have stopped after moving the first unit.

The infantry in the trenches east of koenigsburg also attacked a cavalry in the open. I also bombarded with a ship some artillery and Infantry stack you had north of koenigsburg.
Old September 13, 2003, 23:27   #238
Nilat
King

The stack next to the coast was a mistake! And I put guys on the open so I can make a "CHAAAARGE" attack
If I move in the woods I cant make a real attack

And Im having a really hard time to capture Königsberg and Przemysl and Galvatron and Palaiologos are just yawning.

Last edited by Nilat; September 14, 2003 at 00:10.
Old September 14, 2003, 00:15   #239
Nilat
King

I was wondering that can other civs build zeppelins? Is it allowed I mean?
Old September 14, 2003, 06:02   #240
Palaiologos
Civilization II PBEM
King

Quote:
The stack next to the coast was a mistake! And I put guys on the open so I can make a "CHAAAARGE" attack
If I move in the woods I cant make a real attack

Well, as said before, sh.it happens.

Quote:
And Im having a really hard time to capture Königsberg and Przemysl and Galvatron and Palaiologos are just yawning.

If it makes you feel any better, i have had a hard time defending it!

Actually to your honour you are the only ally that conducts offensive operations. The Frenchies just sit in their trenches waiting.

And if you think the capture of Koenigsburg is hard try fighting a two front war with enemies that each one outnumbers you 2:1!

Quote:
I was wondering that can other civs build zeppelins? Is it allowed I mean?
Sure.