Old July 28, 2003, 13:28   #31
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 06:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Thanks for the praise Ming, et. al.

Ecthelion- with trip, it's almost all demogames posts

Quote:
With all those DemoGames questions hlf of it might as well be titled "Apolyton N00b quiz". Some of the stuff really goes a long way back into the mists of time, though, doesn't it
Heck, there's only about 6 demogame questions And There's at least that many OT questions And you have to admit, in the last year, demogames have truly taken over apolyton- getting more posts in them than the OT for its period, I believe.

Nice to see you around Ecthelion
Old July 28, 2003, 13:33   #32
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

oh and Ming, didn't know that OT thing was going through... I'm looking forward to it- hope I don't miss it
(I need to spend more time in the OT )
Old July 28, 2003, 13:33   #33
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
Again... nobody was really meant to know all the answers. And yeah, the Demo games are well represented, because they are an important part of the forums. DC did his best to balance it.
Quote:
Originally posted by Darkcloud
Heck, there's only about 6 demogame questions And There's at least that many OT questions And you have to admit, in the last year, demogames have truly taken over apolyton- getting more posts in them than the OT for its period, I believe.
Just for the record: I wasn't complaining, but merely commenting that something titled "Veteran's Contest" included a lot of questions about very recent additions to the forums (like DemoGames).

It's certainly a good thing, but I wonder if the title is putting newer posters off playing?
Old July 28, 2003, 13:38   #34
DarkCloud
staff

Hmm... Possibly.
We'd have to know who has submitted their scores in the on-topic to be sure of that

Then again, a lot of newbies probably didn't even look at the Apolyton at 5 feature, since it probably didn't relate to them.

But who can tell.

Anyways, most of the questions did predicate at least 2 years at apolyton for you to have a good chance... that's not saying that a newbie couldn't get 10-15 correct, but it is highly unlikely that anyone registered after 2001 will get more than 25 right... especially since I can't get 25 or more right and I'm supposed to know about 'everything'
Old July 28, 2003, 13:38   #35
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Local Time: 01:20
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
And you have to admit, in the last year, demogames have truly taken over apolyton- getting more posts in them than the OT for its period, I believe.
Not even close DC... The numbers you see on the forum main page are misleading. MarkG moved a bunch of threads from the OT to the archives... that isn't done for the demo games, so the numbers don't tell the true story. Over half of the last years OT posts are not counted in the totals you see, since they are now in the archive
Old July 28, 2003, 13:45   #36
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

As a side note... the last thread in the "active" OTF that isn't in the archive is from april of this year

So yes, you are totally wrong with that assumption DC
Old July 28, 2003, 14:11   #37
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 02:20
That was rough.

I'm aiming high for 10 on this one.
Old July 28, 2003, 14:23   #38
Ming
lifer
Retired

Heck... many of the answers were being discussed in the staff room... and it's STILL TOUGH
Old July 28, 2003, 14:27   #39
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 02:20
I'm contented in knowing that no one can know all of them, or probably many over half of them.
Old July 28, 2003, 14:31   #40
Ming
lifer
Retired

I Knew way more than I thought I would... but I'm into MP games and not the Demo games, so there were some I had absolutely no clue on.
Old July 28, 2003, 15:24   #41
Makeo
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
King

Local Time: 23:20
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I knew hardly any at all. Was there a mp question? I can't recall.
Old July 28, 2003, 15:45   #42
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 07:20
I got quite a few....................but I was also stumped on a lot. Do we get a score if we don't win?
Old July 28, 2003, 18:17   #43
DarkCloud
staff

Quote:
So yes, you are totally wrong with that assumption DC
Okay then

Quote:
I got quite a few....................but I was also stumped on a lot. Do we get a score if we don't win?
I don't know. I volunteered to do stats for it, but Dan hasn't taken me up on it- I assume he's doing the stats himself

Quote:
I Knew way more than I thought I would...
It's good to know that Ming at least got one right
---
MP Questions- I think there's one... although It's on Succession Games.
Old July 28, 2003, 18:51   #44
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

That was more difficult than I thought it would be. I guessed on over 3/4 of the questions.

EDIT: and despite my Feb2003 join date, I've actually been around 'Poly for about 2 1/2 years.
Old July 29, 2003, 04:24   #45
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Educated guesses on most of them, the most obvious poster is likely the red herring. Still I knew far to many for being here less than a year.
Old July 29, 2003, 04:42   #46
geeslaka
Prince

I hardly knew any and made poorly educated guesses on nearly all.
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
XGalaga.
Old July 29, 2003, 08:26   #47
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 16:20
» Who is Solver's next "Faces of Apolyton" interview supposed to be on?

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old July 29, 2003, 09:22   #48
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

AH.

Heck, you're listed as a possible answer to most of the questions anyway.
Old July 29, 2003, 09:53   #49
Rasbelin
Emperor

Local Time: 08:20
Hah! It says my e-mail address is invalid, despite it was valid. Well, I can forget about the quiz then.
Old July 29, 2003, 15:45   #50
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Don't you have an e-mail address other than the stellapolaris one?

EDIT: Oh, and... Woohoo, my name was in it.
Old July 29, 2003, 16:42   #51
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Asuka
Hah! It says my e-mail address is invalid, despite it was valid. Well, I can forget about the quiz then.

hi ,

make a new one or use an other one , .....

have a nice day
Old July 29, 2003, 18:52   #52
DarkCloud
staff

Alexander's Horse is always the answer
It doesn't matter what the question is. AH is the answer

----

Hmm frustrated poet... Possibly.
We'd have to know who has submitted their scores in the on-topic to be sure of that

Then again, a lot of newbies probably didn't even look at the Apolyton at 5 feature, since it probably didn't relate to them.

But who can tell.

Anyways, most of the questions did predicate at least 2 years at apolyton for you to have a good chance... that's not saying that a newbie couldn't get 10-15 correct, but it is highly unlikely that anyone registered after 2001 will get more than 25 right... especially since I can't get 25 or more right and I'm supposed to know about 'everything'
Old July 29, 2003, 19:21   #53
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 16:20
Its my DL's - vote for me and you get 2 chances at the right answer.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old July 29, 2003, 20:03   #54
MattH
King

Where is that sim's house at?
Old July 29, 2003, 20:08   #55
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

Local Time: 00:20
I went through it

but apolyton had problems, don't know if it was submetted properly

I have a decent chance to do well (Although I won't win) since I am involved in demogames, was involved (a long time ago) in the Civ3 list, and am an OTer

Jon Miller
Old July 30, 2003, 05:23   #56
Rasbelin
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mercator
Don't you have an e-mail address other than the stellapolaris one?
That wasn't the point. And you don't even know what e-mail address I tried to use.
Old July 30, 2003, 08:29   #57
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Being around since the beginning didn't help me answer most of the questions.
Old July 30, 2003, 08:39   #58
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 17:20
[Nelson]
Ha ha![/Nelson]
Old July 30, 2003, 09:49   #59
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 07:20
I think the scores should be published here. Mine will no doubt be awful, but I wont mind if everyone is similarly ignorant, and it should be pretty amusing.
Old July 30, 2003, 12:48   #60
DarkCloud
staff

The Sims House thing was done in August-December 2000 in the Off-Topic It was quite popular at its time

Quote:
I think the scores should be published here. Mine will no doubt be awful, but I wont mind if everyone is similarly ignorant, and it should be pretty amusing
... I really want to see what Alexander's Horse answered to the questions I assume that it might be very very very interesting