Old July 28, 2003, 18:59   #1
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 07:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Our World 740AD
Guess what ... we are still alive, and I actually killed of a few times more units then we lost.

The Roman cities were where I and our SMC predicted...that's the good news...the bad news...its Infested with their cities, already destroyed a few.

We also got invention from a hut(after getting Physics and Atomic theory)

History 520-->

540AD our settler south of Devastation was killed by a Greek knight
540AD 100G from huts, rushed pikemen at Imperialis

560AD Imperialis lost 1 pop and warrior due to attack by knight, knight killed by our healed crusader, Knight near Devastation runs of(wimp), Discover Pisae(85,17)
The Greek just litteraly pinned my legion down on a mountain(hope he killes some of their units before dying(2 cats and Knight)

580AD although our Legion was brave the first catapult attack created an avalanche killing all the brave soldiers
580AD the Knight near Devastation had the audacity to try to attack the city, he got lynched by the pikemen, HorseBBQ this night American Elephant near Antium seen(not good) Greek Catapult on the ice near dominion, Brave chariot just ran it over. Chariot in America just stumbled upon a lost Barbarian leader, he gave us 150G for a lift home

600AD Romans threaten to drive us ou, next thing they do is attack us…KILL, Chariot kills second catapult near dominion(barely alive now), Our crusader in Imperialis kill’s Greek Knight, Got NONE legion From hut

620AD Germans Build Great Library

640AD lost a crusader by a rushbuild(a warrior???) of the Romans à city of Pisae got destroyed, discover Hispalis(Size1 Roman North of desolation East of Antium(91,21)
Build New Apocalyps east of Devastation, Crusader kills Roman Warrior near Rome
Discover Scroll’s-- > Physics, NONE crusader from hut near Chicago
Americans Start Leo’s

660ad: Discover Roman City of Ravenna(91,15) east of Antium, Hispalis destroyed
Build the city or Ore south of Desolation, Got a crusader from the hut near Ruin, rushed temple in Ruin

700AD we discovered a Zulu Unit and made peace with the Zulu’s, Killed 2 Greek crusaders in an ambush

720AD we are only 3th happiest civ in the world after Americans and Greek, Discovered the city of Buffalo,

74AD Hut gives Atomic Theory, little accident in Majestica, food storage exhausted…strange…, lost Crusader to rushed warrior in Ravenna, just got Imperialis back to size 5(special settler of dominion), Got NONE legion from hut near Buffalo, an other gave scroll’s--> Invention…

I have a little request for our VP(or other carthographer): could you do the screenshots, it's now 1am and in 9h I'll have to tutor ppl so it will be at least 20h till I'll see a computer again.(time is an other issue)

Shade

Last edited by shade; July 29, 2003 at 03:26.
Old July 28, 2003, 19:19   #2
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 01:28
/me is pleased to see Physics, Atomic Theory and Invention in this sequence of turns, though the flow of techs is now at an end, we are soon to have Sanitation and can continue on to discovery new techs, on our way to Explosives.

Edit: I am on my way out soon, but in a couple hours if no one has posted screen shots, I will happily do so. If someone else cares to however, please feel free
Old July 28, 2003, 19:24   #3
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Ok, just one before I go out, as I loaded the game anyhow, and before I closed it, figured I should at least show the powergraph

Old July 28, 2003, 20:05   #4
cavebear
Emperor

A difficult session, but we have made some good advances and are grinding the Roman Empire down!

I'll wait to see screenshots before trying to understand our situation more fully.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old July 28, 2003, 20:11   #5
CannonFodder
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontMac
Prince

Local Time: 00:28

The Greeks just passed us!?

Maybe it's time to build some defense...
Former Imperial Expansion Minister of the first Civ2 Democracy Game
Old July 28, 2003, 21:17   #6
cavebear
Emperor

That's just one of the things I think is required, but I need more information on our situation before I can be too specific..

I'm running for Minister of War this next term, and I have a general plan. At the least, I can suggest that we may need to divide our far-flung empire into several zones of military self-sufficiency and treat the foreign affairs of each according to local requirements.

In the previous C2DGs, we have had some relative luxury to focus on one enemy at a time. With this large map and a limited ability to move units around quickly, we need to revise our strategy. We are being forced to react to the other civs, rather than act on our own

We can use the shared resources of our empire for the common benefit of our several clusters of cities, yet tailor our military strategy to each cluster.

If elected Minister of War, and upon seeing the details of our cities and units, I will map out a strategy for each area separately.
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Old July 28, 2003, 23:55   #7
Sparrowhawk
Emperor

In what I expect will be my final act as Minister, I am answering the requests of our King Shade and posting screenshots.

No maps yet, I will add them tommorrow if no one has by then.

/me Science Minister
Old July 29, 2003, 03:22   #8
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by CannonFodder

The Greeks just passed us!?

Maybe it's time to build some defense...
Isn't the powergraph partially bassed on the population count?(take a look at the top 5 cities) our biggest cities are size 5, while the greek have a at least size 7 cities.

Somehow I guess that when we get our imperium out of the unhappinessmode,and we start growing as it should be(not constantly holding cities back because they would grow into unhappines)we will be like a shooting star: from zero to hero

shade
Old July 29, 2003, 03:59   #9
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

The only thing worse than being supreme and atrocious is to be strong and atrocious. It looks like we are going to have a dogfight all the way.

I'm very pleased to see Physics and Atomic Threory, all we need now are Steam Engine and Railroad to build rails, Explosives for engineers and Democracy, Gunpowder, Metallurgy, Conscription to get Fundamentalism

What would our science rate be if we converted all the xinners to science, and raised the science rate to 70%?
Old July 29, 2003, 10:04   #10
Six Thousand Year Old Man
Civilization II Succession Games
King

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18

What would our science rate be if we converted all the xinners to science, and raised the science rate to 70%?
10 turns (and that's with all size 5's Xinning - most can only do it every other turn, so the true rate of advance would be worse). Not worth it, IMO. Poll to follow on the fate of our hired scientists.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old July 29, 2003, 18:07   #11
shade
King

Our Roman War
all is going well here(we are winning= killing, pillaging, burning, ...)
Our soldier got a little carried away when they attacked Hispalis and Pisae...so it was destroyed both by sword and fire.(and Ravenna will hold the same faith I'm affraid).

We need plans to take over Rome to(job for the SMC: build a decent battleplan so we can take Rome with almost no losses,it is walled)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	romansrip.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	50606  
Old July 29, 2003, 18:17   #12
shade
King

some more American territorri has been expossed.
We also got a few NONE units from the hut's in these lands...
The Americans are still at peace with us, but there are some troops harrassing Antium(it could be any moment soon the turn stupid and have the audacity to attack us...When this happens it Buffalo might be a good place to bribe(close to their territory(will draw their troops to get themselves killed),perfect base for us to build and group our troops.(maybe a nice cashplan would be in order to decide how we will be getting the funds to bribe the city)
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	america.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	50607  
Old July 29, 2003, 18:21   #13
shade
King

and this is the place/direction I met the zulu troops...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	zulu.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	50608  
Old July 29, 2003, 18:25   #14
shade
King

Our new city New Apocalyps(in honor of those who died in Apocalytica).

Legion is stationed on an other city site
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	newcity.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	50609  
Old July 30, 2003, 11:12   #15
King

Good work shade

I like the new city sites (naturally ) and since our people have demanded more cities, those rivered regions are a good place to put them. They'll grow quickly due to us having Pyramids and the rivers will allow us extra trade arrows + irrigation.

We also could fill in some spaces between our 'core' cities and there are a couple of hidden specials which could be mined for Pheasant/Silk.

As for having the funds to bribe Buffalo, I'm all for it, but the voters so far seem opposed to raising the taxes (Xinning) at the expense of science.

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
"A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)
Old July 30, 2003, 12:27   #16
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Six Thousand Year Old Man
Good work shade
of course did you expect anything less

Quote:
As for having the funds to bribe Buffalo, I'm all for it, but the voters so far seem opposed to raising the taxes (Xinning) at the expense of science.
I'm not talking of using all cities for this goal but 1 or 2 should suffice(we already need one to keep a possitive cashflow)

Shade

Last edited by shade; July 30, 2003 at 17:59.
Old July 30, 2003, 13:14   #17
King

Quote:
Originally posted by shade

I'm not talking of ussing all cities for this goal but 1 or 2 should suffice(we already need one to keep a possitive cashflow)

Shade
Depends on how expensive that is... and if we do bribe it, we want to have sufficient cash so that it can't be bribed back, and also some funds for possible rushbuys (walls? barracks? units?).

Old July 30, 2003, 14:42   #18
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
we want to have sufficient cash so that it can't be bribed back, and also some funds for possible rushbuys (walls? barracks? units?).
Good point. The Americans likely have a flourishing republic, so Diplomats are a definite possibility.

Why not just build a crusader to destroy most of the troops wandering near the city?
Old July 30, 2003, 18:01   #19
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by obiwan18
Why not just build a crusader to destroy most of the troops wandering near the city?
you mean in the "bribed Buffalo" or???

Shade (brain just switched to screensaver-mode)
Old July 30, 2003, 18:33   #20
Sparrowhawk
Emperor

I haven't checked the map in detail, but do we still expect to find any huts?

Now that we have invention, the amount of gold we receive from Huts should increase (as the odds formerly of finding scrolls of wisdom now should be added to the odds of finding gold ).

Perhaps this is the method in the short term we will use to increase or funds for bribing a city or two? (though this is again a short term solution, I like to get all we can from huts )
Old July 30, 2003, 19:46   #21
cavebear
Emperor

I agree. We should start getting more gold from huts. It does appear that there are still plenty of them around. I'm used to having them get scarce by now, but on this large map...

Old August 1, 2003, 09:08   #22
Hydey
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 16:28
More gold would be a good thing

Hydey the no-limits man. :(
Old August 1, 2003, 10:54   #23
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
you mean in the "bribed Buffalo" or???
Yes, I should have specified in 'bribed Buffalo'.