Old August 3, 2003, 12:43   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 22:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Why did this happen?
I had a strange civ experience. I had just committed genocide. I razed every Iroquois city and disbanded the workers. The other civs really didn't like this. Scandinavia was really annoyed with me even though I had an alliance with them against America. I made a border violation with them, and they demanded I leave. I clicked on the "we could sign a rop agreement" and he said "You fool, I remember what you did to the Iroquois League" or something like that. So I clicked "I apologize for the mistake" yadda yadda. He then went polite with me. I clicked we wish to propose a deal and I signed an rop agreement with him (it did cost me though). Why did he got polite all of the sudden and why would he all of the sudden accept a deal he just turned down, even when the new deal involved gpt?
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old August 3, 2003, 13:52   #2
eric2075
Chieftain

Local Time: 01:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The screen where it says "we could sign a rop agreement" doesn't give you the option of adding anything else to the deal. So, if I understand correctly, they will only accept if your territory is bigger than theirs. Often they will not agree to it there, but they will agree to it when you get a chance to ask them again.

I don't know why he would have gotten polite with you though.
Old August 4, 2003, 19:28   #3
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Local Time: 02:51
Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
What, you mean the apology thing may actually have a function?

No way...
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old August 5, 2003, 06:46   #4
David Murray
Prince

Local Time: 06:51
Violating a civ's territory annoys them but the negative factor for doing so is immediately negated if you leave their territory when asked to/forced to (see CFC article on AI attitude towards player).
Old August 6, 2003, 02:44   #5
Lord_Davinator
PtWDG Roleplay
Warlord

Local Time: 12:21
does annihalating a civ actually have a bad effect on your civ though?
Old August 6, 2003, 11:11   #6
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:51
Quote:
Originally posted by Lord_Davinator
does annihalating a civ actually have a bad effect on your civ though?
hi ,

yes your rep seems to get a blow from it , .....

but if you do it after they have used nukes than it seems to be okay more or the less , ....

have a nice day
Old August 10, 2003, 00:48   #7
johncmcleod
Prince

Sorry for the late response, I was gone at camp. I went to "We wish to propose a deal." screen and tried adding everything including my first born son to the trade but he wouldn't accept. So if they have a better attitude towards you they'll think of signing an ROP more?
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old August 10, 2003, 06:08   #8
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 08:51
Quote:
Originally posted by johncmcleod
Sorry for the late response, I was gone at camp. I went to "We wish to propose a deal." screen and tried adding everything including my first born son to the trade but he wouldn't accept. So if they have a better attitude towards you they'll think of signing an ROP more?
hi ,

yes , the more they like you the more you shall get , but be carefull , break it or dont do enough and they might not like you after that , ......

sometimes you can sign rop's with them while they dont like you , because they want a city there , or just because of the old " the enemy of my enemy is my friend " deal , .......

have a nice day
Old August 11, 2003, 00:09   #9
johncmcleod
Prince

Quote:
Violating a civ's territory annoys them but the negative factor for doing so is immediately negated if you leave their territory when asked to/forced to (see CFC article on AI attitude towards player).
Yeah, but even if it was negated it wouldn't matter. They had been annoyed with me long before the incident.

Quote:
have a nice day
I will.