Old August 4, 2003, 05:38   #1
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 06:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Hate Journalism : discuss
wtf? This thread has gone all weird. I don't get it.
Old August 4, 2003, 05:39   #2
yavoon
Warlord

yah I dont like it either.
Old August 4, 2003, 05:39   #3
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

ah, here it is:
Quote:
Fox News
Thursday, July 24, 2003
By Julia Gorin

As many sound and revealing theories as have been proposed over the past year to explain France's confounding geopolitical behavior, they've all missed something fundamental.

The country's less than Western, less than ally-like stances would have seemed less baffling if we hadn't started from a wrong premise: Namely, that France is a member of the civilized world.

Savages naturally gravitate toward savages. And they facilitate savagery everywhere while impeding nations that seek to minimize it.

How else to explain France's (search) defiant feting and support of brutal leadership, as in Zimbabwe (search) and Iraq (search)? Why else would an old couple get beat up for protesting the Saddam Hussein (search) posters and Iraqi flags that were a staple of French anti-war rallies (search), where young Jews were clobbered with iron bars? How else to explain French sympathy for Islamic rebels (search) everywhere, most recently in the Ivory Coast?

France has a natural affinity for the globe's uncivilized elements. The more primitive, the better to define one's own deviancy down -- a deviancy that once prompted Mark Twain to observe, "In certain public indecencies the difference between a dog and a Frenchman is not perceptible."

But how does one account for all the charming, elegant French culture -- the art, the wine, the cheese, the language, the pastries -- those qualities that have made France what to the world appears to be a bulwark of civilization? My uncle, an Israeli composer, answered that question when he invited my husband and me to the Metropolitan Museum of Art (search), and I answered: "We're low-class. We don't go to museums."

He replied: "We're also low-class. That's why we go to museums."

Connoisseurship is indeed a brilliant cloak for depravity: Don a lofty external disguise to mask a degraded internal character. Anything the French do is considered artful, including inventing the guillotine (search), which turned "beheading into an art form," as an ad for a guillotine-style cigar cutter read in a Sky Mall catalogue.

The guillotine inventors, meanwhile, perpetually pride themselves in having abolished the "barbaric" death penalty. Kill their killers they won't, but handing over 10,000 citizens for the gas chambers was never an issue.

The French even managed to innovate in animal cruelty. The popular dish Foie Grois (search) is liver from a goose that has been mechanically force-fed to make its liver work overtime and become soft and fatty. Last April, a top Paris restaurant celebrated its one-millionth 8-week-old duckling to be strangled and cooked in cognac and its own blood, then served with a souvenir numbered tag. Its owner reportedly remarked, "If for the chef each dish is a work of art, for me, it's ... the return of a happy moment. ... There is nothing more serious than pleasure."

Of all the contemporary diplomats, dignitaries and official ministers of the world, it was dashing French Foreign Affairs Minister Dominique de Villepin (search) who refused to answer the question of whom he would rather see win the war -- America or Iraq -- but who published an 800-page book of poetry. This poet calls Hamas a vital player in any Middle East peace process.

Always on the opposing side of civilization and on the cutting edge of degenerateness, the French are pioneers in decadence. What was the first place child rapist Roman Polanski (search) thought to go where he could thrive in exile? France, of course, where art redeems all. And who better to land the gig promoting France and French products than Polanski's kindred spirit here, Woody Allen (search)? Such men have called America "puritanical." Which must be the French understanding of the word "moral."

Consider the book that was a 2001 bestseller in France, The Sexual Life of Catherine M (search), (Grove Press), the true-life memoir of Parisian editor and art critic Catherine Millet who "loves penises," as the June 2002 review in Elle Magazine reads.

In one scene, writes reviewer Will Blythe, an entire caravan of cars gets lost on its way to an outdoor orgy at a sports stadium. At another point in the book, Millet writes: "In the bigger orgies ... there could be up to about 150 people ... and I would take on the organs of around a quarter or a fifth of them in all the available ways."

Whenever the American conscience wrestles with the introduction into our society of some risqué new practice, procedure or product -- such as lowering the legal age of consent, installing condom machines in schools, approving RU-486 (search) and dispensing it in schools -- proponents always reason, "The French have been doing it for years!"

Yet in Paris, where they speak in soft tones and posture demurely, they bristle when the gregarious, high-decibel American approaches with a question, and pretend they don't understand English.

During his stay in Paris, journalist Andrew Baker (search) witnessed a cyclist stop to beat an octogenarian pedestrian unconscious after the latter threw a baguette at his head for cutting him off. According to Baker's 2000 New York Press (search) article about his experience, the event was typical of a Paris day.

Now we know why in America, when someone accidentally uses a four-letter word in the presence of a child, he or she hastily adds, "Pardon my French."
Strangely, trying to edit my reply caused me to break into Maroule's intended opening post.
Old August 4, 2003, 05:41   #4
Maroule
Settler

yep, very strange, I had a case of double identity here !!!!!!??????
Old August 4, 2003, 05:42   #5
Maroule
Settler

Frustrated Poet, did you try at the very same time as me to post that piece of garbage???
Old August 4, 2003, 05:42   #6
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

It's the double-whammy of being both French and a counterglow poster. The Apolyton forum database just can't take that level of ****tard in a single thread.
Old August 4, 2003, 05:44   #7
FrustratedPoet
PtWDG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Maroule
Frustrated Poet, did you try at the very same time as me to post that piece of garbage???
No. When I opened the thread there was no posts in it at all. I typed a reply and posted. Then I noticed a typo and had to go back and edit. When I clicked edit on my post I somehow saw the text of what you were trying to post. It was some really ****ed up ****.
Old August 4, 2003, 05:46   #8
Maroule
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
It's the double-whammy of being both French and a counterglow poster. The Apolyton forum database just can't take that level of ****tard in a single thread.

that's a bit much, yes
Old August 4, 2003, 06:02   #9
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Old August 4, 2003, 06:53   #10
Evil Knevil
Prince

Local Time: 07:53
Let's see: Magrite, Voltaire, Renoir, Monet, Manet, Flaubert, Marceau and countless others are probably causing a minor earthquake due to the massive amount of Grave-spinning
Old August 4, 2003, 07:21   #11
Maroule
Settler

indeed
BTW Magritte was Belgian, but there are others, from Hugo to Rousseau, etc.
Old August 4, 2003, 08:21   #12
Evil Knevil
Prince

Oops, should have looked at my Usborne book of painters

I always thought Rousseau was Swiss-French ... born in Geneva and eventually banned from France.... ?
Old August 4, 2003, 08:31   #13
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

La Tour d'Argent is the restaurant refered to in this perfectly documented article. It has a wonderful view on Notre-Dame and la Seine. The ducks are for those who do not enjoy the view.
Old August 4, 2003, 08:41   #14
General Ludd
NationStates
Emperor

Quote:
Savages naturally gravitate toward savages.
I guess that explains this Fox article.

Do It Ourselves
Old August 4, 2003, 09:04   #15
Maroule
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Evil Knevil
I always thought Rousseau was Swiss-French ... born in Geneva and eventually banned from France.... ?

indeed
he was firmly annexed by France, especially after he described his first erection (as a kid, he was being ass slaped by a woman)
Old August 4, 2003, 09:06   #16
Maroule
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by DAVOUT
La Tour d'Argent is the restaurant refered to in this perfectly documented article. It has a wonderful view on Notre-Dame and la Seine. The ducks are for those who do not enjoy the view.
I still wonder what Foie Grois is, though
it might have a relation to Foie Gras, maybe it's a special version done for spiteful bi***es
Old August 4, 2003, 09:24   #17
Kropotkin
Emperor

Local Time: 08:53
Even if the thread for some reason has been ****ed up for some reason I'd shortly comment on the article posted by FP.

What a piece utter crap!

If it had at least been from some obscure paper, not Fox news. It is quite clear that foz news often takes a stand, going far from an objective point of view. But they should be able to have writers that are able to produce better things like this. It's nothing more than confused notes by someone with some unfounded hate against a entire nation. Crap like this, no matter what or whom it's aimed at, has no place in any civilized publication or news media.
Old August 4, 2003, 09:36   #18
HershOstropoler
Settler

"Crap like this... has no place in any civilized publication or news media."

That's why it was on Fox.
“Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)
Old August 4, 2003, 10:02   #19
Maroule
Settler

the interesting factor is that Fox use to hide its stance under a criticism of the French government, and its positions

nice to see the veils are off : it's the whole culture and the whole population they so virulently hate
Old August 4, 2003, 10:04   #20
Q Classic
Emperor

Local Time: 01:53
it has a very valid point.

namely, that closed-minded people have an innate capacity to decrease their cranial capacity in exchange for increasing their capacity for hate in their hearts.
Old August 4, 2003, 10:12   #21
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 00:53
Sounds 'fair and balanced' to me , well, for a pack of racists I mean.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw
Old August 4, 2003, 10:26   #22
Kropotkin
Emperor

Well he do admit one thig about herself and her husband:"We're low-class."
Old August 4, 2003, 10:32   #23
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Maroule

I still wonder what Foie Grois is, though
it might have a relation to Foie Gras, maybe it's a special version done for spiteful bi***es
There is only one reason for the foie gras to exist, it is for the Sauterne to become a wine for gods.

Well, it could be the other way around ...

But there are some doubts that they have Julia Gorin in mind ...
Old August 4, 2003, 10:38   #24
Maroule
Settler

Julia Goering
Old August 4, 2003, 10:44   #25
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

I'll save this thread on my harddrive. I'll now use it everytime some Yank spits some crap about France he heard on Fox News.
I was wary of Fox News in the pat. I now take it for a crap siöilar to The Sun

Gah, even the German Bild couldn't have fallen this low :Puke:
Old August 4, 2003, 16:43   #26
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 01:53
*** How else to explain France's (search) defiant feting and support of brutal leadership, as in Zimbabwe (search) and Iraq (search)? Why else would an old couple get beat up for protesting the Saddam Hussein (search) posters and Iraqi flags that were a staple of French anti-war rallies (search), where young Jews were clobbered with iron bars? How else to explain French sympathy for Islamic rebels (search) everywhere, most recently in the Ivory Coast? ***

Ok -- how about those puppet dictatorships that the United States planted in third world countries during the Cold War? And the ones that still function today?
Old August 4, 2003, 17:14   #27
Bugs ****ing Bunny
Emperor

Thread summary? Buggered if I can understand it.
Old August 4, 2003, 17:24   #28
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 23:53
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The summary is that she hates French people. It's crap.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old August 4, 2003, 17:42   #29
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun
*** How else to explain France's (search) defiant feting and support of brutal leadership, as in Zimbabwe (search) and Iraq (search)? Why else would an old couple get beat up for protesting the Saddam Hussein (search) posters and Iraqi flags that were a staple of French anti-war rallies (search), where young Jews were clobbered with iron bars? How else to explain French sympathy for Islamic rebels (search) everywhere, most recently in the Ivory Coast? ***

Ok -- how about those puppet dictatorships that the United States planted in third world countries during the Cold War? And the ones that still function today?
How else to explain the US' defiant feting and support of brutal leadership, as in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan? Why else would an old Indian couple be shot simply for owning a Middle-Eastern Resturant? How else to explain American sympathy for Violent revoutions everywhere, most recently in Iraq? How else to explain the constant barrage of hate against friends merely because of disagreement?

America, quite simply, is an uncivilized, backwards nation of barbarians.
Old August 4, 2003, 17:43   #30
Nubclear

Slav'sya Slavsya rodina ROSSIYA!