Old August 7, 2003, 01:10   #31
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 17:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Great new avatar Zylka - and perfect for this discussion. Is she in training?

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old August 7, 2003, 01:35   #32
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 07:00
Old August 7, 2003, 01:36   #33
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www

Same reason why he did not destory the first human pair when they rebelled. Yes God has allowed Satan to exist all this time to prove that Satan is just a big fat liar.

http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html
Old August 7, 2003, 01:46   #34
Straybow
Civilization II Succession GamesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 00:00
Dang, obviously I don't hang out on OT enough. Didn't even know Zylka was female.

Goes to show: Ya learn something new every day, whether you needed to or not.
Old August 7, 2003, 01:55   #35
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Local Time: 01:00
Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka

My body, MY CHOICE

Ain't a NO ONE gonna bring me down and chain my womanhood with fetuses!
Fine. Then continue to be miserable.

I for one will continue to be proud of myself for staying away from bad things for the last 6 years.
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old August 7, 2003, 01:57   #36
Japher
Emperor

For once, IMO, Sava has asked a very good question. However, it is too late for me to respond and I am way to drunk... though my typing skills are amazingly good... odd
Old August 7, 2003, 01:58   #37
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 03:00
You don't have to kneel to be humble.
Albert Speer
Old August 7, 2003, 02:00   #38
DarthVeda
Emperor

You know if you aren't humbling yourself before God right now I don't know if you're going to have any success doing it in the afterlife.
Old August 7, 2003, 02:01   #39
Japher
Emperor

My god forgives, if your god doesn't then he suks!!!!
Old August 7, 2003, 02:08   #40
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Jack_www

Same reason why he did not destory the first human pair when they rebelled. Yes God has allowed Satan to exist all this time to prove that Satan is just a big fat liar.
Under that logic, it would be safe to say that God loves Satan, too, even though he hates the fact that Satan is the root of all evil. This could be why God does not destroy Satan; because he loves him! God loves everyone! Men and angels and demons and the devil. It's nice to have a God like that!
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old August 7, 2003, 02:09   #41
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Japher
My god forgives, if your god doesn't then he suks!!!!
Amen to that, Japher.
Old August 7, 2003, 02:13   #42
Japher
Emperor

Thanks! My god is totaly kewl.

He also pumps totally good slurpees

Though I don't understand why I have to be naked when he does so.

Old August 7, 2003, 08:16   #43
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Zylka

My body, MY CHOICE

Ain't a NO ONE gonna bring me down and chain my womanhood with fetuses!
You go girl!
Old August 7, 2003, 08:22   #44
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Sure I'd be humble. I'm always humble anyway.
Old August 7, 2003, 09:02   #45
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:00
I would ask Him, which is the recognition that He has a greater knowledge than me and denotes a form of humility, how and why He decided the speed of light.
Old August 7, 2003, 09:31   #46
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 23:00
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy

Under that logic, it would be safe to say that God loves Satan, too, even though he hates the fact that Satan is the root of all evil. This could be why God does not destroy Satan; because he loves him! God loves everyone! Men and angels and demons and the devil. It's nice to have a God like that!

God does not love Satan. He chose to rebel against GOd, because he wanted to be a god himself and have humans worship him instead. God let him live to prove once and for all that Satan could not do a better job, just look at the world today and how messed up it is.
Why would God love evil and Satan, that makes no sense.
Old August 7, 2003, 09:35   #47
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Local Time: 02:00
IMO, Satan is a necessary...evil, by providing contrast.

Other than that,
"To my surprise one hundred storeys high
People getting loose now, getting down on the roof
Folks screaming, out of control
It was so entertaining when the boogie started to explode
I heard somebody say

(Burn baby burn) Disco Inferno
(Burn baby burn) Burn that mother down
(Burn baby burn) Disco Inferno
(Burn baby burn) Burn that mother down"

Old August 7, 2003, 10:37   #48
problem_child
Warlord

Re: Would you be humble before God?
Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
I am a very open-minded atheist. I don't believe in any Gods or God, but I don't rule the possibility out. I often try to use my own understanding of logic and reason to contemplate what God might be like if he were a sentient being and the whole heaven/hell thing was true. Basically, I have a scenario in my head where after you are dead, you meet God. Upon learning that you are indeed talking to the almighty Creator, what would you do? Would you be humble towards God, know he could smite you or send you to eternal damnation? Describe a theoretical reaction you would have towards God if you were to meet him after death.

I would not be particularly humble or fearful in front of God. I would not bow and I would not worship God. And if God were insistent upon needing my worship, perhaps threatening me with eternal damnation, I would react with insolence and resistance. My attitude would not be combative, but rather, inquisitive. I would have so many questions for God. But above all else, I would treat God only with mutual respect. Upon meeting God, I would be respectful and courteous (as with meeting anyone), and I would expect God to treat me politely with a certain level of respect. A fair and good God (especially one who would put up with my cynical, skepticle BS) is one that would deserve my respect (which is earned, not given automatically in accordance with faith).

My concept of what is fair and good differs from the Biblical God. IMO, the Christian God, as described in the Bible and taught by all denominations, doesn't seem very fair or good. But then again, this conception is based upon the words and actions of his most "devout" followers.

So... Discuss... and please, for the sake of my thread, just assume God exists... and refrain from discussing such existence.
Would I be humble before god?

NEVER!

If he wanted peons he should have made peons. Actually I'd be angry that he made me to exist in his stupid universe to begin with.

Luckily god does not exist, and thus the universe is awesome and meaningful.

-I.
Old August 7, 2003, 10:42   #49
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

If I met God, I'd try not to be a jerk, but as far as I'm concerned, this "God" dude (or dudet) has some 'splainin' to do.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old August 7, 2003, 10:43   #50
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Oh, and Zylka, you're really ****ing wierd.

For those unfamiliar with it, you may want to check out Z's abortion thread... or maybe not...

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old August 8, 2003, 02:30   #51
Straybow
Civilization II Succession GamesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Well, according to the parables God does do a little 'splaining just before He casts the unrepentant to their doom. He shows how, by the choices made in this life, each declares what kind of afterlife is desired: either one with God, or apart from God. He grants to each that wish.

The catch is that the afterlife without God is hell—perhaps the Sartrean version where you realize you don't love anybody but yourself and now are stuck with all the other selfish schmucks for eternity, every one refined down to that selfish essence without the veneer of social niceties to cover it up.

That could be the metaphorical "outer darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth." Maybe the lake of fire is less metaphor and more literal. Maybe all of the above. I suppose at that point it matters little.
Old August 8, 2003, 02:49   #52
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

would you be humble in front of satan

I need to get a avatar of satan, but for now my pentagram will have to do.
Old August 8, 2003, 03:09   #53
JCG
Prince

Local Time: 02:00
Anyways...as nobody knows for sure that "God" exists (you can choose to "believe" that, or the opposite, deny any possibility of "God's" existance, but you still lack objective proof in both cases), nor does anyone know what kind of deity would that be, it's very hard to give a "straight" answer to such a question....

A benevolent (or even neutral) deity would make me be humble, a malevolent one wouldn't.

PS: Isn't Satanism supposed to be "reverse Christianity", in a nutshell? How...unoriginal, to say the least.
Old August 8, 2003, 03:12   #54
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Doesn't matter what any of you think now, or ever. When the time comes, all will bow.
Old August 8, 2003, 06:17   #55
problem_child
Warlord

It always amuses me how religious people make these things up as they go along- according to their preferences. Kinda reminds me of my Dungeons & Dragons days

Nurd One
"And the God of Dragons sits upon a glistening throne made of skulls... no no- Diamond skulls, no no Dragon Skulls.... yeah"

Nurd Two
"Yeah... I like that, and the God of Dragons made the univers... no okay maybe the God of Magic made the universe, with his sacred magic book... The Book of Magic!"

Nurd One
"Yeah, I like that"

etc etc.

That's the thing about using scientific methods to observe the rules that are there whether humankind chooses to respect em or not (gravity, space, time, mass, physics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, infinity) they aren't just a bunch of stuff people make up as they go along.

Lake of fire for selfish people my bum.

-I.

Last edited by problem_child; August 8, 2003 at 06:26.
Old August 8, 2003, 06:24   #56
Paul Hanson
King

I'd ask him to make a rock so big that he couldn't lift it.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old August 8, 2003, 06:31   #57
problem_child
Warlord

-I.
Old August 8, 2003, 06:36   #58
Jack the Bodiless
King

Without more data on which God we're talking about here, I cannot say.

Even "the Christian God" is not sufficient: there are as many "Christian Gods" as there are Christians.

BTW, there is no "Satan" in Genesis. He was invented later. The Serpent wasn't Satan.
Old August 8, 2003, 09:27   #59
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Quote:
I don't get it that Mr. Nice Guy. If God is Supreme, why does God not destroy Satan? You know... cancel his existence? Either God has no power over Satan, or he allows him to exist? Christians never answer that one. Anyone?
I thought God did kill the Satan once ? Just satan has rose to some kind of immortality on an equivalent level to God and thus once he's killed is instantly reborn through mans evil ... or something like that. So what would be the point of God constantly wandering around to hell to beat up that annoying git who will shout at you down the street but cries as soon as you get close ?

Besides when hes doing it out of hate rather then need isn't he breaking one of his own laws ?

Anyways i've always liked the idea of a knight so I'd probably bow then expect to be treated with as much respect as what he asks of me. If God was somehow warped and as fallable as mankind then i'd take up arms as a mercenary and get the power for myself
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.
Old August 8, 2003, 09:35   #60
Lazerus
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStates
King

Church of Satan supports apple not even the devil will touch Bill Gates stuff.

They're really good at making this stuff sound attractive i must admit, but then again this is supposed to be by a demon whose soul purpose is to lure you to damnation heh i better change some of my ways, half of this stuff reads like its coming from me.
Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.