Old April 27, 2001, 18:45   #1
Tuggy Poobers GW
Settler

Local Time: 22:58
Local Date: October 30, 2010
Spaceship Help
Okay heres my problem. I had been playing for a couple of hours, I had finally built the Apollo program, I had all the technologies I needed, and by the end of the game I was pulling my hair out cause I couldn't build my spaceship! I made sure bloodlust was off, and it was. I've tried it three times now, from scratch and I think I had every thing I needed, although I may have not had the right technologies. But I've tried it about seven times with cheats and got all techs. all wonders and city improvements, and never got my spaceship . Please help, if I can't do it with cheats I would like to know but could you please give me some suggestions.

------------------
All aboard the sinking
ship is leaving
-Sloan
Old April 27, 2001, 19:00   #2
Exile
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 17:58
If you tell me who Sloan is, I'll try to help you.

Tuggy poobers? Is that the name of some hot new children's book?

Salutations,
Exile

------------------
Lost in America
"a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
"or a very good liar." --Stefu
Old April 27, 2001, 21:29   #3
Chronus
Prince

Hi Tuggy,

Are you saying that the spaceship components are not appearing in your city build lists?
Old April 28, 2001, 15:06   #4
Scouse Gits
lifer
Civilization II PBEMTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Silly question - you have reached the AD years? - spaceship parts are not available before 1AD ...

------------------
Scouse Git[1] -- git1@scousers.net

"Staring at your screen in horror and disbelief when you open a saved game is one of the fun things of a succession game " - Hueij
"The Great Library has been built!"
"A short cut has to be challenging,
were it not so it would be 'the way'."
- Paul Craven
Old April 28, 2001, 16:55   #5
Winston
Emperor

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
quote:

Originally posted by Scouse Gits on 04-28-2001 03:06 PM
Silly question - you have reached the AD years? - spaceship parts are not available before 1AD ...

Along the same lines, but maybe a bit more plausible: Did the game exceed the year 2020? I don't believe one can build a spaceship after the regular scoring is completed.
Old April 28, 2001, 18:15   #6
Tuggy Poobers GW
Settler

Alright, the AD years explanes why I cant do the cheat thing. But when I play regularily when its after ad, but before I retire I still cant do it. The Spaceship stuff doesn't appear on the city improvement selection screen. Sloan is a Canadian band, sort of Beatlesque, the line is from a song called Sinking Ships. If you want to hear there songs just download them of napster, and if you like them you'll probably be able to find them, they are one of the few Canadian bands who have made it into the states. Assuming you live in the USA, or Canada

------------------
All aboard the sinking
ship is leaving
-Sloan
Old April 28, 2001, 18:36   #7
Winston
Emperor

Okay, you said you managed to build the Apollo Program, so you must've had the tech Space Flight, which is also a prerequisite for building SS Structurals in any of your cities - that's a given, so to speak.

The other techs required are Plastics for SS Components and Superconductor for SS Modules. But since you seemingly aren't able to choose building SS Structurals even after completing Apollo, something else than lack of the required techs must be the problem...

Are you absolutely sure you've started the game from scratch, disabling the bloodlust option? To me, that seems like the most plausible cause - and also the only other thing I can think of that hasn't been covered...
Old April 30, 2001, 13:44   #8
Winston
Emperor

Yeah, what Ming said. Only, there are other ways of playing this game than MP (MultiPlayer), but Ming's too old to remember.
Old April 30, 2001, 14:14   #9
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Thanks winston

But you are right, I don't play SP (single play) much anymore, so I wouldn't know if that was an option
Old May 1, 2001, 00:11   #10
jake03
Chieftain

Are you absolutely sure you've started the game from scratch, disabling the bloodlust option? To me, that seems like the most plausible cause - and also the only other thing I can think of that hasn't been covered...[/quote]

for those of us that are amitures, how do you disable the blood lust?

Old May 1, 2001, 00:46   #11
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

quote:

Originally posted by jake03 on 04-30-2001 12:11 PM
for those of us that are amitures, how do you disable the blood lust?

It is an option in the game options section that you go through when starting a MP game. Since the computer remembers the choices you made from your last game, unless you reset it when starting a new game, it would remain on. However, the default setting is with bloodlust off. So you either are playing a scenario, or you accidentally turned it on.

Just start a new MP game, and pay careful attention when the game options choice comes up.
Old May 3, 2001, 06:35   #12
Mixam
Warlord

I had this problem the when I first got this game. I stopped playing cause I couldn't win by the space race. The only option was to kill everyone which I wasn't very good at at the time. So now 3 or so years later I installed it on my new computer just over a month ago. Works fine now I bet you aren't willing to wait 3 years to get a new computer and reinstal So there is an option to play with the default rules or change them when starting a game. Make sure blood lust is off. If this don't work. Sell your beast of a computer and get a new one