Old January 16, 2004, 15:13   #91
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 00:15
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Good thing with that non-amphibus capture

Any plan that can capture Casablanca for us on this turn is definatly good as long as it dosent also prevent the capture of SeaLurk (no likly).

If Peace moves EVERYTHING into Casablanca they will have 5 defenders and the base will be a touch job to plow through, in that case unloading the Plasma Garrions onto the Monolith would be a sound plan as it will be that much better at attacking on the folowing turn.

Lets Hope PEACE failed to move anything into the base this last turn (likly as their regular turn player was unavalible and an alteranate had to do it).
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 16, 2004, 20:59   #92
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:15
Tentative MY 2153 EAF orders
Please note that these orders might undergo dramatic changes depending on PEACE's actions, such as beefing up Casablanca's defences. But I'll just already write down a basic guideline now, so I don't need to start from zero when the turn arrives.

Accept the pact and SotHB offer of PUT.

Unity rover (91.57): Move NW-W to (88.56). The turn after: pop the pod!

Probe skimship (69.51): Move to (58.52).

Auroran scout patrol (69.77): Move back to Aurora. Also don't forget to create a doctor in Aurora! One will appear after capture of Thermal Tassagrad.

CCS Impaler (64.74): Move to (56.76).
Activate the independent impact marines, the one with the highest morale, in the transport. Attack Casablanca.
Activate the Logic Loop impact marine. Attack Casablanca.
Capture the base with the plasma garrison. Rehome that plasma garrison to Casablanca.
Move CCS Impaler into Casablanca with its last movement point.

Scrap ALL naval yards. The one in Casablanca, but also check for any new ones appeared that can be scrapped. Don't forget to check IAF orders for worker orders: work the Casablancan monolith; all other citizens doctors.
Also execute the IAF orders for Triplex and Athena now Casablanca is captured: move the Triplex sea mineral worker to the land mineral mine. Move the Athenan sea nutrient worker to the land nutrient forest.

CCS Node Runner (58.64): Move into MegaByteVille. Rehome to that base. Proceed to attack Sealurk Channel.

CCS Alpha Pi (53.63): Capture Sealurk Channel. Rehome to that base. Attack the schooner on (54.54), N of Sealurk Channel.

Rename to Thermal Tassagrad. Set production in TT to a boy scout. I'll also mention it here to be sure: scrap the naval yard in Sealurk Channel if there is one. Also check for any new naval yards appeared in other bases that can be scrapped. The usual stuff in other words.

CCS Love Boat (59.67): Move into Athena Anchorage.

CCS Beta Pi (58.62): Move into Triplex.

CCS Mammoth (64.64): Move to (54.68).
Activate the scout patrol and probe defence in the transport. Move them into Triplex.

Activate the amphibious impact rover and impact marine in Triplex. Move them into CCS Mammoth.

Looking ok??

Last edited by Maniac; January 18, 2004 at 16:57.
Old January 25, 2004, 20:01   #93
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Tentative MY 2154 External Affairs Orders
Give Applied Physics and Synthetic Fossil Fuels to PUT pre-accepted!

Unity Rover (88.56): First switch production in And/Or Gate to a research hospital. Then let the rover pop the unity pod on (87.53). If the research hospital isn't rushed due to a mineral bonus from popping the pod, switch production in And/Or Gate to formers.

Scout patrol (74.78): Move into Aurora and press "L".

CCS Love Boat in Athena Anchorage: Press "L" to let CCS Love Boat repair itself this turn.

The 20% damaged Impact Marine in Casablanca: attack the crawler in the north. Then use the right-click menu in the base screen to "Sleep / Board Transport" the unit.

CCS Impaler: First load all four units in Casablanca on the transport by pressing "L". Then move CCS Impaler to (47.73).

CCS Mammoth (54.68): Move to (46.68), next to Liar's Lair.. Activate the units within:
Disciplined Logic Loop Impact Marines: Attack!
Very Green Apolyton Impact Marines: Attack!
Amphibious impact rover: Attack twice.

CCS Beta Pi in Triplex: Capture Liar's Lair.
Scrap the naval yard in Lair and any other base where a new one has appeared. Create two doctors in Lair, leaving the sea mineral worked.

CCS Mammoth: After the base is captured, move into it.

Rehome the plasma garrison to Liar's Lair.

Boy scout in MegaByteVille: Press "L".

CCS Alpha Pi in Thermal Tassagrad: Press "L" to repair.

CCS Node Runner (55.57): move into Thermal Tassagrad and press "L" to repair.

Probe skimship (58.52): move to (52.52), scouting a little, and then move into Tassagrad.

Last edited by Maniac; January 26, 2004 at 17:48.
Old January 25, 2004, 21:13   #94
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

I recomend moving the CCS Impaler through the gap west of Casablanca and sailing across the Ocean directly to Pampalona or some other northernly PEACE base. I think that you will find this is a faster and more direct route for us to take and will save us a turn.

The Barq will likly be in the vacinity of Lair (possibl IN Lair) plans need to be made to deal with it.

Will we make any moves against Calico? The Cruiser in Thermal shouldn't be very heavily damaged could it continue on or do you belive it needs to repair? The 2 gun foils in Atlantis may start moving towards Thermal, perhaps they can be intersepted?
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 25, 2004, 21:27   #95
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
I recomend moving the CCS Impaler through the gap west of Casablanca and sailing across the Ocean directly to Pampalona or some other northernly PEACE base. I think that you will find this is a faster and more direct route for us to take and will save us a turn.
All right (at least if you don't plan to go FM the next two years - pacifism drones ). Move to (47.73)?

Quote:
The Barq will likly be in the vacinity of Lair (possibl IN Lair) plans need to be made to deal with it.
If it's in Lair: no problem. We have four units that can make five attacks on Lair if necessary. If the barque is just outside Lair the impact cruiser can deal with it.

Quote:
Will we make any moves against Calico? The Cruiser in Thermal shouldn't be very heavily damaged could it continue on or do you belive it needs to repair? The 2 gun foils in Atlantis may start moving towards Thermal, perhaps they can be intersepted?
I guess the actions of those cruisers will depend on what the two foils in Atlantis have done. If they for example both moved to (46.54) or (47.49), they could attack our cruisers if we moved them in the direction of Calico Island. But if they stayed in Atlantis, we could probably safely send the cruiser in Tassagrad north. Though there's no real problem with letting it repair this turn either. As long as we capture Calico before that CP gets finished, everything should be ok.
Old January 25, 2004, 21:49   #96
Impaler[WrG]
King

When do you think it will be possible to switch to FreeMarket, I had asumed we must wait untill the war is over. Do you think earlier is possible? Can we guarantee that our units will be in our territory (as in they move from one captured base inmediatly into a new conqoured one) or if not that any B-Drones are controlable (very hard to do because they are aplied last).
Old January 26, 2004, 10:43   #97
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 07:15
do we know where there probe cruiser is? we dont have a visual...and which bases are on the agenda now?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old January 26, 2004, 19:13   #98
Maniac

Impaler:
Quote:
When do you think it will be possible to switch to FreeMarket, I had asumed we must wait untill the war is over. Do you think earlier is possible? Can we guarantee that our units will be in our territory (as in they move from one captured base inmediatly into a new conqoured one) or if not that any B-Drones are controlable (very hard to do because they are aplied last).
It should be relatively easy to prevent pacifism drones. B-drones are a bigger problem though. We'll probably need to hurry a few rec commons before FM becomes more lucrative than Planned. Hopefully that can be done after we get the PEG.

DeathByTheSword:
Quote:
do we know where there probe cruiser is? we dont have a visual...and which bases are on the agenda now?
PEACE doesn't have a probe cruiser right now. One would normally be finished next turn in Liar's Lair, but since that is exactly the base we plan to capture this year, the probe cruiser won't form a problem at all.

We'll probably get problems with PEACE barques though. The pirates seem to have finally gotten some common tactical sense and started to build 2-2-4 ships instead of 1-2-1 garrisons. Two barques will be finished next turn, with more to come. Those will form a serious challenge for our navy if they all attack the same target at once.

Another emerging problem is that as we capture more and more bases, the PEACE crawlers are rehomed to less and less bases, increasing the production of their remaining bases. As a consequence they can build barques and garrisons at an increasingly faster rate, meaning it'll take more time than we'd like to eliminate PEACE.
Old January 26, 2004, 19:30   #99
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Impaler:
Another emerging problem is that as we capture more and more bases, the PEACE crawlers are rehomed to less and less bases, increasing the production of their remaining bases. As a consequence they can build barques and garrisons at an increasingly faster rate, meaning it'll take more time than we'd like to eliminate PEACE.
I still insist to build at least one, or better two command centers, they can always build veteran probe teams after the war. Now most of the units are green, those don't stand a chance against more experienced units (in defense anyway).

And since the war will take longer, why not let Apolyton Prime switch to building more defense units (plasma steel) that way extra defense forces can be moved to the frontline to guard the new bases
Old January 27, 2004, 11:40   #100
Impaler[WrG]
King

Actualy because of Wealth (witch I dont see us moving out of any time soon) a Comand Center only gives a probe team +1 morale. Thats not realy very usefull. And anyways we will want to make Probe Foils rather then Probe Teams. Our land probes will mostly be defencive anyways so their morale is less important.

By the Way shouldnt we send a Pact offer to the Drones now that we have one with Uni and have made a public statment that we desire such a thing? I will start a poll
Old January 27, 2004, 14:32   #101
Maniac

GeoModder, If we build a command center, wouldn't it be better in a highly productive base (eg Logic Loop) instead of a mediocre base such as DBTSverse Portal as IIRC you proposed earlier?

As for building a few more military units, how about waiting until we have Doctrine: Air Power? Then we can build Impact or Missile Needlejets.
Old January 27, 2004, 14:49   #102
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
GeoModder, If we build a command center, wouldn't it be better in a highly productive base (eg Logic Loop) instead of a mediocre base such as DBTSverse Portal as IIRC you proposed earlier?
It doesn't really bother where it is build as long that we have a higher experience unit output. I simply named those two bases since they are a bit away from Apolytoin Prime. But I have a preference for a landlocked base

Quote:
As for building a few more military units, how about waiting until we have Doctrine: Air Power? Then we can build Impact or Missile Needlejets.
I like to have better defense units as well. Might be possible to build them and when a new plasma steel garrison enters a given base, let the old defender move to the producing base and be dismantled there. No extra minerals for upkeep and production of the next unit is a bit quicker.

Quote:
Actualy because of Wealth (witch I dont see us moving out of any time soon) a Comand Center only gives a probe team +1 morale. Thats not realy very usefull. And anyways we will want to make Probe Foils rather then Probe Teams. Our land probes will mostly be defencive anyways so their morale is less important.
I disagree, In land battle the offender is in favour, so higher morale IS important then.
But I follow your reasoning for making probe foils. Even with only +1 morale, I think it's worth it, especially if probe foils are used and plasma steel garrison can be made then. In case of another war, we're bound to move again to Planned, thus the command center is worth double then.

Last edited by GeoModder; January 27, 2004 at 14:58.
Old January 29, 2004, 05:02   #103
Impaler[WrG]
King

I belice Triplex also has a Comand Center as dose LittleAccident (unleess the Pirates canceled it). Thus Triplex would be a good place to produce Plasma Garrison troops at for distribution to other captured bases or any future war effort.
Old January 29, 2004, 15:32   #104
Maniac

First draw of MY 2155 EAF Orders
Assuming PEACE doesn't want to unify:

Unity Rover (87.53): Move to (84.58).

CCS Love Boat in Athena Anchorage: Move to (57.61).

TT Impact Cruiser in Tassagrad: Suggestions?? I guess it would once again depend on what the ships in Atlantis do.

Probe skimship in Thermal Tassagrad: ??

Impact Cruiser in Lair: Search & Destroy Morgan's Barque.

CCS Mammoth: Activate the transport. The rover and two marines should be loaded in the transport, and the plasma garrison should remain in Lair.
CCS Mammoth moves to (40.68): tile south of (Henry) Morgan's Boat...

Activate Amphibious Impact Speeder in the CCS Mammoth transport. Attack Henry Morgan's Boat.
When the defenses are destroyed, activate one of the marines and capture the base. Scrap the naval yard there and in any other base there appeared one.

Move CCS Mammoth into Henry Morgan's Boat (HMB).

Other marine in HMB not used to capture the base: Attack crawler on (39.67), SW of HMB.

CCS Impaler (47.73): Move to (40.70). Activate all units within and move them west to (38.70). Let them be healed by the monolith.
Use CCS Impaler's two last movement points to move into HMB.
Old January 29, 2004, 20:00   #105
Impaler[WrG]
King

Alternate use of the Mammoth task Force might be to Capture Pampalona as that would prevent a Barq from being completed
Old January 29, 2004, 20:38   #106
GeoModder
Deity

Or the Foil Probe in Thermal Tassagrad could attempt to sabotage production in Pampalona.

CCS Love Boat to 57.61. Any specific reason? Defense Thermal Tassagrad?

TT Impact cruiser: bombard Pampalona, or one of the sensor arrays (I prefer Pampalona, to weaken defenses there, so the sensor arrays can be saved for after conquest)

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 30, 2004, 09:00   #107
Maniac

Quote:
Alternate use of the Mammoth task Force might be to Capture Pampalona as that would prevent a Barq from being completed
I would have preferred that as well. But (IMHO) unfortunately a majority seems in favour of keeping Atlantis instead of Calico as the last base to attack. So if we would now attack Pamplona, we couldn't attack Atlantis the turn after. Henry Morgan's Boat would have to be captured first. That means an extra two turns to move back CCS Mammoth from Pamplona to HMB, and then again three turns to move Mammoth Task Force from HMB to Atlantis. Very inefficient.
This would not be a problem if we designated Calico as the base to be obliterated. Then the task description would be much easier: CCS Mammoth goes for Pamplona and Atlantis, CCS Impaler goes for HMB and Little Accident, and Calico will be obliterated. The war would be over much sooner, possibly in three years.

Quote:
CCS Love Boat to 57.61. Any specific reason? Defense Thermal Tassagrad?
Attack Calico Island I suppose.

Quote:
Or the Foil Probe in Thermal Tassagrad could attempt to sabotage production in Pampalona.
Doesn't that have a low chance of succes? I should check.
Anyway, another possibility is going to infiltrate the Believers. That would take four turns travel though.
Old January 30, 2004, 10:29   #108
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Anyway, another possibility is going to infiltrate the Believers. That would take four turns travel though.
Perhaps building a probe foil in one of the harbours close to the believers will be done sooner.

I would keep that probe foil in the area of Thermal, just in case there is a concensus for infiltrating the other factions in the north.
Old January 30, 2004, 12:39   #109
Impaler[WrG]
King

I agree building a new Probe Foils nearer to the Belivers (posibly Aurora) would be better then moving the current one their.

Do you belive the CCS Impaler has sufficient firepower to take Little Accident and Henry Morgans Boot in a reasonable time frame? It only has half the punch (2 attacks vs 4) of the Mammoth, their are also considerable numbers of Crawlers near Little Accident that could move in and defend the base.

This might make a mind Control attempt vs Little accident very profitable though as it could steal everycrawler adjacent to the base plus the current defender which is a rover. It will depend on our Credit avalibility ofcorse. Likly the price will be too high, anything over 150 is too much (asuming we could even scrap that together in time).

Another idea, move the Boy Scout in MBV North West on to the land the PEACE Crawler is on so that we can attack and destroy it next turn. This will slow down Pampolnas mineral collection and alow us to work this desirable 1/4/1 tile in the nera future. And incase your wondering No this will not trigger a Drone Riot as the Boy Scout (as I have repeatedly pointed out) is not contributing any real Riot Control to the base.
Old January 30, 2004, 16:12   #110
Maniac

GeoModder:
Quote:
Perhaps building a probe foil in one of the harbours close to the believers will be done sooner.
In Aurora one can probably be completed MY 2160.

Impaler:
Quote:
I agree building a new Probe Foils nearer to the Belivers (posibly Aurora) would be better then moving the current one their.
If we're gonna build probes to perform many actions overseas, would it be better to send transports filled with probe teams instead of probe foils?
To compare:

One probe foil costs 5 mineral rows, and has a movement of six.

One unarmoured cruiser transport costs 4 min rows and has a movement of seven. It can contain four 0-1-2 probe teams, each costing 3 min rows. So the cost for a full task force is 16 min rows. However it can perform four times as many probe actions as a probe foil, it has faster movement, and if an action fails and the probe is captured, only 3 instead of 5 mineral rows are lost.

Quote:
Do you belive the CCS Impaler has sufficient firepower to take Little Accident and Henry Morgans Boot in a reasonable time frame? It only has half the punch (2 attacks vs 4) of the Mammoth, their are also considerable numbers of Crawlers near Little Accident that could move in and defend the base.
IIRC from what happened when I attacked Margarittaville, crawlers are destoyed just like probes when the last normal defender is destroyed. However you are right CCS Impaler's firepower is limited. One option could be to move a marine from Mammoth to Impaler. Or otherwise just stick to the current EAF orders and attack HMB with Mammoth. That way we're sure. Hopefully Pamplona's Barque could then be intercepted by one of the impact cruisers currently in MBV, though that again would most likely delay the capture of Calico Island. It's rather interweaved.

Quote:
This might make a mind Control attempt vs Little accident very profitable though as it could steal everycrawler adjacent to the base plus the current defender which is a rover.
If the cost isn't too high, that would be great! We'll certainly need to check MY 2156.

Quote:
Another idea, move the Boy Scout in MBV North West on to the land the PEACE Crawler is on so that we can attack and destroy it next turn. This will slow down Pampolnas mineral collection and alow us to work this desirable 1/4/1 tile in the nera future.
Sounds great. I suggested it as well last turn IIRC, but no one commented, so I assumed no one liked it. One problem though could be Pamplona's Barque. An empty MBV would be a very attractive target.
Old January 30, 2004, 19:38   #111
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
If we're gonna build probes to perform many actions overseas, would it be better to send transports filled with probe teams instead of probe foils?
I suppose, but let them be made in a base with a command center. I prefer stronger probes for such tryouts. Also, more probe teams can be convenient to keep at home in case Drones/Hive try the same to us
Probe foils can be made everywhere with the MCC.
Old January 31, 2004, 11:15   #112
Impaler[WrG]
King

I have been considering if we should make Probe attacks against the Hive if they get MMI before us.

Out Marines could destroy the single scout garrison causeing all the defence Probes to die, then our Probe foils could move in unmolested to infiltrate or steal tecs.

With the PEG we might even wish to go All Econ and let the Hive and Drones do our research for us (their rather good at it). We would instead focus on our strong point Energy Credit Production in a FreeMarket to pay for base stealing, Probe making and Facility hurrying.

Also recomend that we move one of the Cruisers in Thermal up to the area of Kew Gardens, being shure to keep out of range of the PEACE ships in Atlantis or Pamalona, this would be a good point to strike at Calico or to hunt down anything that moves out of thouse bases.

Think the Love Boat should move north into Uni waters ASAP.
Old February 1, 2004, 13:38   #113
GeoModder
Deity

With the many developments from the last 2 days, my recommendation for EAF:

Conquer HMB with mammoth force, and take the Plasma Steel garrison with it, but leave one of the impact marines in Liar's Lair! I suppose I don't need to remind to search and destroy the barque that left that base earlier?
Impaler force redirect to Liar's Lair (just 5 tiles away) and bring the plasma steel garrison to Liar's Lair. Next turn north taking Pamplona with 3 impact marines on board then (the one left behind by Mammoth included).
Just in case we decide to take Atlantis afterwards, bring then (when Pamplona is attacked) the 2 impact cruisers to Pamplona.

That way 3 attacks in both task forces, and the impact rover is handy for attacking Little Accident later on while the plasma steel garrison is good enough to defend HMB from possible counter attacks out of Little Accident.
Old February 1, 2004, 20:31   #114
Maniac

Quote:
I suppose I don't need to remind to search and destroy the barque that left that base earlier?
The pirates have in their superb friendliness left the HMB barque in the naval yard. A sitting duck in other words. They now do have 3 defenders in that base, so we need to bring sufficient units along to do the kill: only CCS Mammoth can do it in other words.

Quote:
Next turn north taking Pamplona with 3 impact marines on board then (the one left behind by Mammoth included).
That could be a problem I'm afraid. IIRC one of the marines in CCS Impaler is 70% damaged. So we won't have enough healthy unit to take Pamplona with CCS Impaler. The only ways I can see to heal that marine fast is either moving it to that monolith east of Little Accident (which has now become unadvisable with that laser squad...) or let it be the unit that captures HMB (and thus reheals).

Therefore, how about letting a mix of Mammoth and Impaler units destroy HMB's defenders, let the damaged marine take the base, move both transports in HMB, and let all remaining units that haven't attacked yet either attack the crawlers or move two squares SW (not 3 to remain out of range of the laser squad) to conquer (or probe - let's not forget that option) Little Accident MY 2156?
Old February 2, 2004, 02:08   #115
GeoModder
Deity

Damn, forgot to check the HMB defenses. Ok, it is best as you suggest then. Back to plan B.
Old February 2, 2004, 18:39   #116
Impaler[WrG]
King

Actualy I had an Idea

First off we can send the Love Boat to pop that Pod in the Sea to the east of Athena, Switch the nearest base to a good facility first ofcorse!

Second we might want to take the Plasma Garrison out of Lair and use it to perform the Capture of Boot, this will alow us to keep all the other units in the transport and get going asap.

Third, its still a good idea to land the Impaler transports forces at the Monolith, the Plasma Garrison will be upgraded and healed enough that the new laser unit will not be a threat to it. If Peace dose attack they just loss one of the defenders and make our job easier.

Lets move the Cruiser in Lair north and hide in the fungus south of Atlantis or if we think we dont realy need anymore navel forces in the area then lets starte moving it towards Uni territory.

Lastly we can use the Probe Foil to sabotage production in Pampolona or if we get some Credits from the Pod and scrap a facility of some kind for 40 Credits we could go for a Mind Control attempt, it cost 233 dose anyone think thats worth it or would it be better to send thouse Credits to the Univeristy.
Old February 2, 2004, 21:51   #117
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG] First off we can send the Love Boat to pop that Pod in the Sea to the east of Athena, Switch the nearest base to a good facility first ofcorse!
That's a good idea indeed!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG] Second we might want to take the Plasma Garrison out of Lair and use it to perform the Capture of Boot, this will alow us to keep all the other units in the transport and get going asap.
I don't have a clue what you mean 'Capture of Boot'.

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG] Third, its still a good idea to land the Impaler transports forces at the Monolith, the Plasma Garrison will be upgraded and healed enough that the new laser unit will not be a threat to it. If Peace dose attack they just loss one of the defenders and make our job easier.
There is also a probe team in the Impaler, why not try to sabotage the new laser unit production in Little Accident when it arrives on the monolith? Simply don't upgrade the probe there. Then there ain't no problem anymore with the laser unit if it works. I take it then that you favour the mammoth force attacking HMB? And leaving the plasma garrison in Lair?

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG] Lastly we can use the Probe Foil to sabotage production in Pampolona or if we get some Credits from the Pod and scrap a facility of some kind for 40 Credits we could go for a Mind Control attempt, it cost 233 dose anyone think thats worth it or would it be better to send thouse Credits to the Univeristy.
Off course I agree for a probe action in Pampalona. I prefer sabotage, but a mind probe is good for me to.
And about transfering energy to PUT. Please don't, we don't know if the Drones don't have probe teams around (the transport foil or even on land) so letting PUT have energy is risky. I prefer to transfer all cash that PUT doesn't need anymore this turn to the CyCon.
That would help with a mind probe of Pampalona I guess?
Old February 3, 2004, 11:51   #118
Maniac

Quote:
Off course I agree for a probe action in Pampalona. I prefer sabotage, but a mind probe is good for me to.
Personally I wouldn't advise sabotage. IIRC there's about a 50% chance that expensive probe skimship would be captured and lost. Is that worth sabotaging the production of one barque that can be easily destroyed by an impact cruiser next year?

About mind controlling Pamplona, that would be possible, but it would deplete our entire energy reserves, not allowing us to do any other rushes (such as the crawler in AP or the rec commons in Athena). Is that worth it?

If it is, ok. If not, where should we send the probe skimship? Together north with an impact cruiser that can attack Calico next year?

Quote:
Lets move the Cruiser in Lair north and hide in the fungus south of Atlantis or if we think we dont realy need anymore navel forces in the area then lets starte moving it towards Uni territory.
Couldn't it be spotted then? Why not keep it in Lair this year and attack Pamplona's Barque next year?
Old February 3, 2004, 17:21   #119
Impaler[WrG]
King

Capture of Boot means the unit that moves into and captures Henry Morgans Boot after all the defenders are killed.

If the Mammoth leaves the Plasma Garrison in Lair then we will need to use one of the offensive units in the transport to perform the Capture. Inorder not to leave the unit behind we would then want the transport to enter the base and load all the units their so they move out the following turn with all their movment points.

About UNI energy reserves, I agree we should send all unused Uni energy to Cycon. Infact we should do that EVERY turn so the energy is usable for the Cycon empire, and what ever we feel Uni will need on the following turn we will send to them at the end of the Cycon turn. The energy credits will be "in-transit" when the Drones and Hive play their turn and they can never steal it from either faction!!!
Old February 3, 2004, 19:47   #120
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG] Capture of Boot means the unit that moves into and captures Henry Morgans Boot after all the defenders are killed.
Got it!

Quote:
[SIZE=1]About UNI energy reserves, I agree we should send all unused Uni energy to Cycon. Infact we should do that EVERY turn so the energy is usable for the Cycon empire, and what ever we feel Uni will need on the following turn we will send to them at the end of the Cycon turn. The energy credits will be "in-transit" when the Drones and Hive play their turn and they can never steal it from either faction!!!
Isn't that bending the game rules? There is already talk in the main forum from members of the other factions. But I suppose we have to wait how the Powers That Be look upon it.