Old August 12, 2003, 13:18   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 23:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What does re-spawn AI players do?
I never had the option checked until I finally decided to. It says in the manual that when AI civs die another civ appears. I just destroyed the Iroquois, so does that mean another civ will pop up on some uninhabited area? I checked the space race screen and saw the civilizations and no new ones reappeared.
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Old August 12, 2003, 13:53   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 00:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yes, respawning the AI means that if an AI civilization is killed off, and there is territory still hidden - the AI civilization will come back alive again in that area (respawned).
Old August 12, 2003, 15:36   #3
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 03:16
Yes and this can be expointed, if they land near you again. I tend to just turn it off.
Old August 12, 2003, 17:17   #4
PeaSoup
Warlord

Local Time: 00:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Wittlich
Yes, respawning the AI means that if an AI civilization is killed off, and there is territory still hidden - the AI civilization will come back alive again in that area (respawned).
I think the AI comes back in unsettled territory instead of just the hidden ones because once in the modern age, one half of the world got razed so there were plenty of unclaimed land around, and the last living AI respawned when I killed him

Of course this was pre-PTW, so I'm not sure if the same would apply now.
Old August 12, 2003, 17:19   #5
CerberusIV
lifer
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
The destroyed civ comes back again with a city, 100 gold and some workers. If you destroyed them then you can usually extort the gold and workers for peace.

I have only had this happen fairly early in the game. On the last occasion I extorted gold and a worker from the Koreans for peace, then destroyed them again, permanently, as we had no other contacts so it didn't hurt my rep.
Old August 12, 2003, 17:39   #6
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 03:16
Quote:
Originally posted by PeaSoup
I think the AI comes back in unsettled territory instead of just the hidden ones because once in the modern age, one half of the world got razed so there were plenty of unclaimed land around, and the last living AI respawned when I killed him

Of course this was pre-PTW, so I'm not sure if the same would apply now.
There must be some sort of date/age cutoff as I don't recall seeing after middle ages.