Old September 21, 2003, 17:02   #31
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 02:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
And the annoying perfectionist in me has an answer.

By moving before building the road, the resulting connection will be significantly shorter (3 tiles, IIRC). This will allow for much faster transportation, and a better road system for the formers to get around on, even if it requires more time to build.

And I'll be glad to order it back... I had thought that the garrison had to already be in the base before we could safely do that.

Edit: Whoops... I missed the horizontal road connecting those two tiles... I'll remedy it.

Edit2: I said I was a perfectionist... I never said I was perfect.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.

Last edited by Corellion; September 21, 2003 at 17:09.
Old September 25, 2003, 07:53   #32
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:17
Thanks.
Is it ok btw to move the Pi Square crawler in the direction of Logic Loop?
Old September 25, 2003, 10:00   #33
Corellion
Prince

Indeed it is.

BTW, sorry I haven't been here lately... I had to go out of town.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old September 27, 2003, 04:26   #34
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

No problem.
In the meanwhile, may I suggest switching production to a 1-1-4 Gun Foil if we get DocFlex next year?
Old September 27, 2003, 09:45   #35
Corellion
Prince

Indeed you may, and indeed I would agree.
Old September 28, 2003, 07:33   #36
Maniac

From another thread:

Quote:
And if we're going to do that, we may as well hold off on the gun foil and build our gun cruiser.
Sounds good. May I then suggest we now build a second former for that base? The more formers now, the more crawlers we can build later.
Old September 28, 2003, 10:10   #37
Corellion
Prince

Agreed!
Old September 29, 2003, 12:50   #38
Maniac

Corellion, you haven't given orders yet and many formers have finished their current task. May I therefore suggest:

Research: Switch research to Doc:Ini after we get DocFlex.

Boolean Bay: move the forest worker off the field to stop the drone riots.
Pi Square: change production to former
Binary Bastion: set productio to former
Mythical Matrix: ??? - CP, former and crawler all seem fine...

Formers:

former in Binary Bastion: move one tile NE and build road.
former (75.75): build road
former in Mythical Matrix: move one tile NE and build road?
former (70.66): build road
former (72.64): move to (71.63). Use the road and river, so you will still have 1/3 of a movement point left. Then start cultivating a farm.
former (70.56): move one tile SW and build road

Last edited by Maniac; September 29, 2003 at 14:10.
Old October 2, 2003, 09:31   #39
Maniac

Corellion, a question. Shouldn't this better be the other way around?

Quote:
Change nutrient worker in Boolean Bay to forest worker
Since I played the turn right before you gave your last turn orders, I removed the nutrient worker instead of the forest worker you asked.
Old October 2, 2003, 09:54   #40
Corellion
Prince

Yes... sorry. Choose the option that prevents our citizens from starving in two turns.
Old October 2, 2003, 13:20   #41
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 07:17
Corellion: A few points of interest:
1) I need new build orders for 'Poly Prime, DBTSverse Portal and Aurora, as all either next turn or the turn after, will have nothing to build.

2) Zetaris is building a crawler. It will atke 6 turns to build it, or 31 ec to hurry it. IMHO hurrying seems like a good option.

3) Boolean Bay will lose a worker next turn unless the worker is changed from Forest to Nuts. Though they have drone problems, it maybe worth saving? Either way, we need some drone control there ASAP.

Overall, the formers seem to be concentrating on roads when there is no decent terraforming done to work (look at Binary Bastion). I think a Forest first is needed, and then roads to connect. Let them work something decent.

A few points to discuss

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old October 2, 2003, 13:31   #42
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion
Yes... sorry. Choose the option that prevents our citizens from starving in two turns.
Sorry, that post wasn't read until after I'd played the turn Will change it next turn.
Old October 2, 2003, 14:40   #43
Maniac

My humble opinions on the matter:

Quote:
I need new build orders for
Quote:
'Poly Prime
Former or crawler perhaps?
Quote:
DBTSverse Portal
Rec commons?
Quote:
Aurora
Rec Commons or CP?

Quote:
IMHO hurrying seems like a good option.
We might need that cash for hurrying some rec commons where needed.

Quote:
Overall, the formers seem to be concentrating on roads when there is no decent terraforming done to work (look at Binary Bastion). I think a Forest first is needed, and then roads to connect. Let them work something decent.
I agree there is too little decent terraforming done. But roads are crucial too. IMHO the solution would be to build more formers, and not having to choose between roads or eg forests.
Old October 2, 2003, 16:02   #44
Corellion
Prince

I thought that connecting the southern bases (BB and BB) to the main section was the most important, so that our soon-to-come crawlers can easily get around. The tiles currently being worked for roads (by both southern formers) were going to be targetted for forests as soon as the roads are done. If anybody else has concerns regarding terraforming, then bring it up... we haven't had a discussion on this in quite some time, and I need to regauge factional position.
Old October 3, 2003, 10:26   #45
Drogue
staff

If we built a forest first, we would have something to work, that doesn't make us grow too fast (no drones problem or other squares needed) and would mean the crawlers will be built faster. Also, the roads would still be in place by the time they're needed. It takes a fair few turns for those roads to be needed, whereas the forest is needed as soon as the base is built. Personally I think terraform one square to be worked, then build roads, then terraform other squares. That way the base has something to work while roads are being built.

I agree with Maniac that more formers would be good, but we also want crawlers to speed up production, and Rec Commons/CPs to grow. Until we have some spare building capacity, I think we need to terraform one square first, as mentioned above.

I'll have a look at the save again, but I think Maniac's build proposals look good

Old October 3, 2003, 10:41   #46
Corellion
Prince

They look good too, I'll check the save soon.
Old October 4, 2003, 06:22   #47
Maniac

Corellion, after we get Doc:Ini, do you plan to switch to MCC asap and rush the SP asap with crawlers, or will you let the SP be completed at the natural production speed of Logic Loop?
Old October 4, 2003, 10:00   #48
Corellion
Prince

That is something I was planning to poll when I got around to it. It seems like a decision far too important to leave as an un-polled order. I have to run, though, so I'll post it when I get back.
Old October 4, 2003, 15:13   #49
Drogue
staff

Do not change until the turn before either. We don't want anyone else rushing it before us. Also, do I have permission to rush ASAP if in the turn it looks like someone else will build it before us if we don't?

Old October 4, 2003, 15:32   #50
Corellion
Prince

I think that's an acceptable option.

BTW, you closed the thread, but topped it too. I think you should probably untop it (if Chaunk wanders in, he'll have a fit).
Old October 4, 2003, 19:21   #51
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

You know me well Corellion! I was just about to make a thread along those lines...
Old October 5, 2003, 08:34   #52
Drogue
staff

Sorry, hit the wrong button. Have rectified.

Old October 7, 2003, 12:51   #53
Drogue
staff

2140 Turn Questions/Information
Corellion: I need orders for the Aurora crawler that was built last turn. It is currently moving SW along the road, as that is both towards an unused forest where it could crawl minerals, and towards Logic Loop if it is needed to rush the MCC.

Also your order for Apolyton Prime's build was against the poll. It is building a former in line with the poll as opposed to the crawler you ordered.

Another thing to discuss is that once we have built the MCC, do we want to switch to FM? We gain much in terms of research and ec, but is it worth it? If we go to war I say no. If not then it might be a good idea.

Old October 7, 2003, 15:19   #54
Corellion
Prince

Yes, sorry for the mix-up. What with the problems with Apolyton and the fact that I was running late for classes, I did that quickly, and unfortunately typed the wrong thing.

And Formers would have won 4-1, not 3-2... I changed by vote in the third (or fourth) post.

I'm now working on getting the turn, so I can put everything together... damn these 'Poly problems.
Old October 7, 2003, 21:14   #55
Drogue
staff

Do not worry. All went ok. A few minor mistakes, but only for one turn, so no major problem at all IMHO

Old October 10, 2003, 20:02   #56
Maniac

Corellion, I just had a look at your latest orders. An extract:

Quote:
(70,66) – Move to (69,69) to begin solar collectors
I was wondering what you would think of sending that former to build a road towards (76.66), the mineral in the Zetarian base radius? IMHO in our current stage of development minerals and a road network towards future areas of expansion are more important than a bit more energy.
Old October 10, 2003, 20:22   #57
Drogue
staff

IMHO we need to send it to the base it needs to help build at.

Old October 10, 2003, 20:32   #58
Corellion
Prince

I was pretty much going to rewrite my orders from scratch, what with the recent developments, but I'll take that into account.
Old October 15, 2003, 16:06   #59
Corellion
Prince

Tentative orders while I do some more research, feel free to comment in the meantime.

Internal Affairs Orders:

Formers:

(71,55) – Complete farm construction
(69,61) – Move to (68,60) and begin forest construction (?)
(71,63) – Move to (72,62) and begin forest construction (?)
Zetaris – Move to (74,66) and begin road construction (?)
(71,71) – Complete farm construction
(69,73) – Move to (71,71) and help completing farm construction (?)
(66,82) – Complete forest construction
(76,74) – Complete road construction
(79,71) – Complete road construction

Crawlers: **Never execute crawler moves last

(70,54) – Continue harvesting nutrients
(69,63) – Move to (70,64) and begin harvesting energy
(70,70) – Continue harvesting minerals
(73,79) – Move to (70,72) and harvest energy (next turn it will disband at LL to complete MCC

Miscellaneous:

Pi Square: Begin construction of Cruiser Transport(32)/Laser Cruiser(16)/Probe Defense(16) @ 4
Apolyton Prime: Begin construction of Probe Defense(16)/Supply Crawler(24)/Formers(16) @ 7
Apolyton Prime: Switch energy forest worker to nutrient forest

End turn orders
Old October 15, 2003, 16:51   #60
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 00:17
Well besides the fact that I belive we should be doing our terraforming in the Present rather then 100 years in the Past I felt I might give a few coments.

First off I am very build oriented person and I favor Nutrients most of all and I avoid Forests except on the most worthless land.

I whent around most of the bases and tried to see what the next best tile to develop would be, here are my recomendations.

Logic Loop - Farm at 68/72 would alow us to realocate workers for a net +2 energy. Another farm at 68/70 would bost nutrients.

Mythical Matrix - A mine at 79/71 when worked by the new worker would take in 4 mins and 1 eng. This would excellerate colony Pod Production and help to make this Base a Pod factory for setlment of the rich North eastern territories (which we do not want to loss to the Drones if they are infact on our land mass).

Zetaris - Mine at 79/71 would bring in a huge load of minerals atlest 7 which could be crawled by the crawler Zetaris is making.

Pi Squared - A farm at 69/61 would incresse nutrients

Binary Bastion - Why are we building a Forest next to this city? When you open the base view that tile is unharvestable, this may have something to do with the Monument thing their. Are we shure the square will be workable?

Aurora - Developing the square that Miriams copter is on right now would be a good idea, its high elevation, moist, rolling and I belive it recives the +1 mineral Crater Bonus (The crater bonus can be tricky, I know for one it dose not aply to all squares that have the Crater label)

Also I must express my conserne over our lack of Recycaling Tanks. You guys may know something I dont but it would shure seem to be that we could use them in a number of our bases, I find that the long term exceleration effects are more then worth the investment. I think we should make them a Priority as soon as our war units are produced. Most of the larger bases could make them very quickly.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche