Old October 15, 2003, 17:24   #61
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 02:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Well besides the fact that I belive we should be doing our terraforming in the Present rather then 100 years in the Past I felt I might give a few coments.
Er... hehe.

Quote:
First off I am very build oriented person and I favor Nutrients most of all and I avoid Forests except on the most worthless land.
The problem is that we need all-around good squares to work very soon, to increase production. Other terraforming methods take a lot of time, and former numbers that we don't have right now.

Quote:
I whent around most of the bases and tried to see what the next best tile to develop would be, here are my recomendations.

Logic Loop - Farm at 68/72 would alow us to realocate workers for a net +2 energy.
Good point, I was planning on doing that after the farm at (71,71) is completed, since it's already under construction. It will allow for an earlier bonus, and approximately the same amount of time to complete the actions.

Quote:
Another farm at 68/70 would bost nutrients.
No it wouldn't... at least not until we get gene splicing (hopefully soon).

Quote:
Mythical Matrix - A mine at 79/71 when worked by the new worker would take in 4 mins and 1 eng. This would excellerate colony Pod Production and help to make this Base a Pod factory for setlment of the rich North eastern territories (which we do not want to loss to the Drones if they are infact on our land mass).
Yes it would, and that will be a good job for the former coming up behind to do. However, I think we can gain more advantage by speeding up road production in that area to allow the colony pods to get to their base site quicker. In addition, if we do plan to make MM a CP base, then it will only be able to work one square at a time for most of its time. If it works the nutrients, it grows faster to produce the colony pod, but is unable to work the newly terraformed square. If it works the mine, it will not have grown by the time the colony pod is done.

Quote:
Zetaris - Mine at 79/71 would bring in a huge load of minerals atlest 7 which could be crawled by the crawler Zetaris is making.
That would be a great square to work. Thanks for pointing it out, I had missed it. That seems like a very good idea.

Quote:
Pi Squared - A farm at 69/61 would incresse nutrients
First, it's Pi Square, not Pi Squared. Second, no it wouldn't, at least not until Gene Splicing.

Quote:
Binary Bastion - Why are we building a Forest next to this city? When you open the base view that tile is unharvestable, this may have something to do with the Monument thing their. Are we shure the square will be workable?
The tile is not unharvestable. In fact, we could harvest it right now if we really wanted to. The only thing is that it doesn't produce anything (because it's ruins). If the square is improved, it can be worked with abandon. I believe that a tile that produces nothing is "the most worthless of terrain", and so a forest seemed to be the best, indeed only, choice. In addition, it is right along the path the road will be built on, so we didn't have to waste any movement getting there.

Quote:
Aurora - Developing the square that Miriams copter is on right now would be a good idea, its high elevation, moist, rolling and I belive it recives the +1 mineral Crater Bonus (The crater bonus can be tricky, I know for one it dose not aply to all squares that have the Crater label)
I agree completely, and I'm leaving it up to you to convince Miriam to move her copter. Until that time, none of our formers can get there.

Quote:
Also I must express my conserne over our lack of Recycaling Tanks. You guys may know something I dont but it would shure seem to be that we could use them in a number of our bases, I find that the long term exceleration effects are more then worth the investment. I think we should make them a Priority as soon as our war units are produced. Most of the larger bases could make them very quickly.
We would like very much to have recycling tanks, however other things have, in the past, been much more important. It's been very hectic since the beginning, and we've never really had the time, energy, or minerals to build recycling tanks, as there were always other priorities (formers, colony pods, base garrisons, recreation commons, crawlers, and now military units). However, thank you for reminding us... we have a tendency to get carried away with whatever we're doing.

Thank you very much for your critiques and suggestions. They definitely help.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old October 15, 2003, 19:37   #62
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 07:17
Ok. Have looked at save, and have a couple of questions.

With regards to the MCC: We had planned to use the crawler at 69,77 to rush the MCC in LL this turn. Is this still ok? Also, I have just noticed, that since we are not intending to rush with a crawler in Pi Square, we can use the crawler next to LL, currently harvesting minerals, in to rush in LL, and the crawler at 69, 63 can replace it. This would mean that we build the MCC next turn We lose 5 minerals for not harvesting, but gain 24 from rushing. IMHO a good idea. We need the MCC ASAP.

Also, your build orders where not the plan that Maniac and I had been discussing. The cruiser transport was to be built in Aurora, after the Rec Commons, and Pi Square was to build a probe cruiser, followed by a 2-3-8, or if we get it in time, a 4-1-6 cruiser. Apolyton Prime was to continue building probe defenses for our outlying bases too, and to board the transport to infilitrate/steal from PEACE.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old October 15, 2003, 20:01   #63
Corellion
Prince

Yes I know they weren't... I couldn't find your plans. That's why I posted these as tentative and created the otehr thread.

IIRC, we have 43 minerals left to complete the MCC, and are producing 13 minerals a turn. It seems like it would be a better idea if we used the crawler to the south to rush it next turn, when there are only 30 minerals left, to complete it, rather than wasting a second crawler...

Unless, of course, you think PEACE could rush it this turn.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old October 15, 2003, 21:14   #64
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I just think having it a turn earlier would help our exploration. Then we can trade it with the Drones too. IIRC we have 184 mins, and need 240. Thats 56 needed. 24 per crawler, means 8 left, which is this turns production without that crawler.

Otherwise we have 24 to rush it, and 3 turns to it. It will be 2143 if we use 2 crawlers, or 2145 if we use one. IMHO it is worth a crawler to get it 2 turns earlier.

Old October 15, 2003, 21:17   #65
Drogue
staff

It's not much difference though. What do others think?

Old October 15, 2003, 23:39   #66
Corellion
Prince

Get it two turns earlier... it will take two turns for LL to replace the crawler, and we get it that much earlier. Next turn it is then! Hoorah!
Old October 16, 2003, 00:30   #67
Drogue
staff

I have to go to bed now (it's half 5 in the morning ) but if you can get the firm orders posted in the orders thread I'll play it tomorrow. We have until the early hours of tomorrow morning, and I should be ok to play tomorrow afternoon. Thanks

Old October 16, 2003, 05:22   #68
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

so MCC next turn?
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old October 16, 2003, 10:44   #69
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 00:17
I am asuming yall dont wat to use any energy to hurry it as thats all beings saved up to buy NLM from Mirriam? A little energy rush combined with just 1 crawler might do the job (I am hoping one of you can figure this out).
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old October 16, 2003, 10:49   #70
Drogue
staff

Yes

Corellion: Thanks for the orders, look good However I have noted that we can get the 150 ec for Miriam a turn earlier (2144) if we put the sliders to 80-0-20 and keep the AP worker on the energy resources. I know it seems drastic, but having that a turn earlier is worth putting our research rate back IMHO. We need that tech! I know we only polled to change it to 60-0-40, and there are no orders for it, but having only just noticed this, IMHO it is too good to miss. We said we wanted it as early as possible, and this is it, therefore I declare (unless anyone wants to voice an opinion now, as I about to go and play) that this is an emergency and will put it that way. the worst case is if you disagree with me and we put it back to 50-0-50 next turn, which is little difference.

Edit: Phenix has agreed by MSN, so I'll play and do it. I'm sorry if you disagree, but I don't have any more time before I have to play

Last edited by Drogue; October 16, 2003 at 11:14.
Old October 16, 2003, 10:51   #71
Drogue
staff

Quote:
I am asuming yall dont wat to use any energy to hurry it as thats all beings saved up to buy NLM from Mirriam? A little energy rush combined with just 1 crawler might do the job (I am hoping one of you can figure this out).
We have, it's too much money. With going for Non Math, we can't afford to. Indeed, it has already been done, with both crawlers, as ordered

Old October 16, 2003, 15:15   #72
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:17
Due to the flood of CyCon posts lately, I haven't had time to follow the last turn, and the orders for it. So these problems might be known already, or even intended, but I'll mention them anyway to be sure:

1> There is no worker or no crawler harvesting the 1-5-0 mineral square of Logic Loop.
2> That crawler near LL is only harvesting one nutrient.
3> Aurora is one turn away from growing. If we don't hurry the rec commons, or turn a worker into a doctor, the base will probably riot.
Old October 16, 2003, 15:56   #73
Corellion
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Due to the flood of CyCon posts lately, I haven't had time to follow the last turn, and the orders for it. So these problems might be known already, or even intended, but I'll mention them anyway to be sure:

1> There is no worker or no crawler harvesting the 1-5-0 mineral square of Logic Loop.
Yep... see next.

Quote:
Yep... it's on its way to rehome at LL and then harvest the 5 minerals.

Quote:
3> Aurora is one turn away from growing. If we don't hurry the rec commons, or turn a worker into a doctor, the base will probably riot.
Indeed... I'll check that out.
Old October 16, 2003, 16:12   #74
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Already addressed. All part of getting the MCC ASAP.

Quote:
Worker will be changed to doctor. I thought I could do it next turn, but I may be mistaken Worker will remain as doctor until the RC is built.

Old October 18, 2003, 11:15   #75
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

A few more sugjestions.

I noticed that Logic Loops Build quee is empty, arn't we supposed to have stockpile energy their to get the extra energy, or dose that not work with a SP?

If Bolean Bay were to hurry its Crawler with 8 energy it could start harvesting with the crawler 1 turn ealier (I am wondering if we have the energy to spare)

I think Binary Bastion should build recycling tanks next.

Zetaris should send its new crawler to 76/66 and then start on Recycling tanks. Later it can start pumping out Colony Pods.

One of the Formers that is near Apolyton Prime should head over to 66/66 and build solar panels, this tile will be very productive 2/1/3 with the solar panel.

I belive that any of our bases not comited to war production should focus on Tanks, Formers and then Colony Pods. After we buy NLM all further energy credits should go to hurrying facilites that are near completion.

Is this an agreeable strategy? With our larger bases doing war production and our smaller ones growing we should be in good position and begin to catch up with the other factions.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old October 18, 2003, 12:02   #76
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Quote:
I noticed that Logic Loops Build quee is empty, arn't we supposed to have stockpile energy their to get the extra energy, or does that not work with a SP?
The stockpile energy feature only works with units (ie not SP's nor facilities)

G.
Old October 18, 2003, 12:26   #77
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Thanks for the answers, Drogue and Corellion.

Impaler:

Quote:
If Bolean Bay were to hurry its Crawler with 8 energy it could start harvesting with the crawler 1 turn ealier (I am wondering if we have the energy to spare)
If it's only turn earlier, does the (so I assume) two minerals extra of that year weigh up against eight credits?

As for recycling tanks, well personally I'm a strong advocater of giving CPs, formers and crawlers priority over rec tanks or about any other facility, though of course we could poll it, as we tend to do with any other major decision.
Old October 18, 2003, 13:05   #78
Impaler[WrG]
King

I think the log term benifits of Recycling tanks far outway the costs, they are maintance free and give you 3 more production which is alsmost like have a free extra worker. By excelerating growth new workers will be avalible faster which will in-turn go off to collect yet more minerals in addition to whats being produced by the Tank. They time it take to repay the build cost is much shorter then you think and after that its pure profit forever, and I havent even factored in the energy yet!

Ofcorse in some situations formers or colony pods take presidence as they have in many of our bases. But the more time we delay building Tanks the more potential benifit we throw away, which is that much more time the other factions will be ahead of us by. I think that we should be building tanks in several of our bases in the near future.
Old October 18, 2003, 17:14   #79
Corellion
Prince

I would be against rushing the crawler... that's one turn behind we are in purchasing NLM.
Old October 18, 2003, 18:38   #80
Drogue
staff

As Corellion says, we cannot afford any rushing until we have Non Math. While i think expansion, and CPs, is more important than 'tanks ATM, I think we sould start building a few.

Impaler: The same can be said of crawlers. They recoup their minerals very soon, and keep going. They are also flexible. Although I support getting tanks soon.

Old October 19, 2003, 05:52   #81
Phenix
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 08:17
I'm also more of an advocate of crawlers and especially some CP's. (lots of free space, especially towards Drone territory!)
Tanks can be usefull, but are IMHO are only better than some formers/crawlers first if there aren't any good production squares in the base's radius and /or it's growing very slowly.

By the way, any base which can build Rec Tanks in a reasonable timespan, should better join the war production. Right now we only have 4 production centers for our combat units, and I'm afraid that Peace will certainly out-build us if this war will drag on
Old October 19, 2003, 10:10   #82
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

In the interests of maintaining a credible AI, don't overlook them as a source of funds for redundant techs

[I'm posting this to all players - who have met the AI - so there's no "favoritism' involved (except to the AI - they're keeping up with the leaders pop-wise and units-wise but my little "devices" to keep them abreast tech-wise don't seemed to have kicked in yet)]

G.
Old October 19, 2003, 10:26   #83
Corellion
Prince

BTW, something I just realised.

There is almost no reason to actually work on SPs until we can one-turn rush them. The base in question can just mass-produce crawlers in that time. Then, not only do we get it in almost the same amount of time (a little more because of mineral overflow), but we actually get it faster, because we have the crawlers to help increase production and do other meaninful things in that time. So much wasted time...

It's such a common tactic too... sigh.

And the same thing goes for any high-mineral build... like for example cruiser probes?

We can get out two crawlers, which will later be traded back in, to work some tiles while we wait to be ready to build it.

Last edited by Corellion; October 19, 2003 at 11:15.
Old October 19, 2003, 11:35   #84
Impaler[WrG]
King

Yes that makes perfect sense Corelion, crawlers are what we want. Also I was wondering if we could just make a Foil Probe as its cheaper, with the MCC it will still have speed equal to a PEACE Cruiser. If we could figure out the distance to the Sea Lurk base wich may infact be close to ware the Probe Cruiser is being built. If its close enough then we might only need a foil inorder to make the infiltration run in 1 turn, based on our maps of PEACE Territory that most of their bases are close enough for a foil to make the trip in 1 turn. Alexandra is 7 moves away from Bolean Bay so probe Foils their should be able to make a quick runs into Alexandria and cause all kinds of mischief

Last edited by Impaler[WrG]; October 19, 2003 at 11:43.
Old October 19, 2003, 12:25   #85
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion
here is almost no reason to actually work on SPs until we can one-turn rush them. The base in question can just mass-produce crawlers in that time. Then, not only do we get it in almost the same amount of time (a little more because of mineral overflow), but we actually get it faster, because we have the crawlers to help increase production and do other meaninful things in that time. So much wasted time...
A great idea We can also prototype a 0-3-2 crawler if we want to upgrade the others, since that is allowed in this game IIRC.

Quote:
Originally posted by Corellion
And the same thing goes for any high-mineral build... like for example cruiser probes?
We can't, since they are not prototypes.

Old October 19, 2003, 12:31   #86
Corellion
Prince

I'm pretty sure you can. You just disband them normally, and you get all the minerals, you don't need the dialogue box to pop up. Of course, I could be mistaken here.

Aaaand I am mistaken. Sorry.

Last edited by Corellion; October 19, 2003 at 12:56.
Old October 21, 2003, 16:12   #87
Maniac

Quote:
(71,71) – Move to (68,72) along river and begin farm construction
Is that profitable? That will result in 2-1-2. But by planting a forest we can gain 1-2-2, which can be increased to 3-2-3 if we get hybrid forests.
Old October 21, 2003, 16:17   #88
Drogue
staff

It's about what we need now though. I am not sure which is best, do we need Nuts or Mins more?

Old October 21, 2003, 16:21   #89
Maniac

As Logic Loop is size 5 already, I'd say nutrients aren't that big a priority.
Old October 21, 2003, 16:26   #90
Corellion
Prince

But don't forget that we can build a hab complex. In any case, that was my original plan, but Impaler brought up this second proposal. Nobody objected, so I assumed you agreed. In any case, I'll say forest.