Old January 24, 2004, 22:00   #151
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 09:17
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Since Impaler's absent, how about these orders below? EAF should hopefully follow tomorrow.

IAF tentative orders MY 2154

Start researching Doctrine: Air Power.

Return energy allocations to 50-0-50.

And/Or Gate: Switch production to a research hospital. Then pop that pod in the east with the rover. If the production in A/O Gate is not completed, switch to former production.

DBTSverse Portal: new production formers.
Also make the sea mineral worker a doctor. It will get a b-drone after Lair's captured.

MegaByteVille: new production rec commons

Lair's Lair after capture: production to Boy Scout? Create two doctors, leaving the sea minerals worked. Scrap naval yard and possible other yards that appeared elsewhere.

Zetaris: hurry the crawler production partially with 11 credits.

Pi Square: make a forest worker doctor. It'll get a b-drone after Lair's captured.

Thermal Tassagrad: Make the sea mineral worker a doctor to stop the drone riots.

Upgrade the three crawlers on (70.64), (72.64) and (76.66) to Supply Mk9. Don't forget to put them back to work after upgrading them!

Formers:
(65.85): plant forest
(74.66): construct mine
(78.66): one moves a tile to the E; the other to the SE. Both can start building roads next year.

Last edited by Maniac; January 26, 2004 at 18:03.
Old January 25, 2004, 12:41   #152
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
And/Or Gate: Switch production to a research hospital. DBTSverse Portal: new production formers
Lair's Lair after capture: production to Boy Scout. # of doctors can be determined when we have the turn.
My proposals:
And/Or Gate: directly formers or rec commons
DBTSverse Portal: command center
Bod Bay: command center
Lair's Lair: rec commons, why? There is a plasma garrison in the transport that goes there, leave that there.
Apolyton Prime: change prod from supply crawler to a new missile weapon type unit.

Quote:
Upgrade the three crawlers on (70.64), (72.64) and (76.66) to Supply Mk9. Don't forget to put them back to work after upgrading them.
Are those going to be used for construction of the PEG?
Old January 25, 2004, 17:18   #153
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 00:17
Here are my recomendations

Portal - new production former (we need more formers and their are none in that area, workers in this base are on un-terraformed terrain which should be improved)

And Or Gate - Hospital or any other high cost facility would be a good choice their, possibly also Net Node or HoloTheather.

Zetaris - Dont hurry Cralwer, the minerals in the incomplete crawler can go into the PEG giving us additional rows of minerals and reducing the Hurry cost of the project next turn. If the Crawler is completed though we will have fewer minerals for the Project (unless you intended to cash the newly completed Crawler along with the upgraded ones in which case thats faster)

Logic Loop - Crawler, we want to crawl the giant Nut bonus to the west, missle unit will likly be a navel unit so that we may conduct trades with Univeristy and upgrade our Navy.

Lair - As I have pointed out these captured bases should focus on Rec Commons not Boy scouts, Boy Scouts will waste minerals and time and not put any additional workers in the field. Rec Commons can though. I belive all our captured bases should switch to Rec Commons and then be ocupied by our Impact Marines once the war wraps up.

Oposed to building Comand Centers at this time, our war is over and we wont be building any military for a bit, all bases should focus on building up industry, population and terraforming.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Last edited by Impaler[WrG]; January 25, 2004 at 17:27.
Old January 25, 2004, 21:38   #154
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

GeoModder:
Quote:
Lair's Lair: rec commons, why? There is a plasma garrison in the transport that goes there, leave that there.
But what unit will we use then to defend our next captured base?

Quote:
Are those going to be used for construction of the PEG?
Hopefully yes.

Impaler:

Quote:
(unless you intended to cash the newly completed Crawler along with the upgraded ones in which case thats faster)
That would indeed be my preference.

Quote:
Lair - As I have pointed out these captured bases should focus on Rec Commons not Boy scouts, Boy Scouts will waste minerals and time and not put any additional workers in the field. Rec Commons can though. I belive all our captured bases should switch to Rec Commons and then be ocupied by our Impact Marines once the war wraps up.
I've started a new discussion thread about what should we do with our offensive military. Based on that we can determine if the marines can be used for garrison (or if not, if eg boy scouts or something else should be produced instead as garrisons).

For the rest I agree with your recommendations.
Old January 26, 2004, 03:51   #155
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Just skip the Boy Scout in Casablanca, the base should go Rec Commons, its a land base and their nothing that will threaten it.

Also if we have sufficient funds after the capture of Lair and the upgrading of Crawlers we might wish to use the Probe team to steal the Crawler that is north of Casablanca, I belive it cost 88 Credits. Is this a reasonable price? I doupt it.

Other things to do with credits after Crawler upgrading is complete.

Hurry Rec Commons in Triplex, Apolyton Prime, Aurora ect ect.

I belive we can safly spend all our credits this turn as we will have basicaly all the production needed for the PEG next turn and what ever we make next turn will be enough.

If GeoModder could open up the turn and test out these internal orders that would be most helpfull.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old January 26, 2004, 17:52   #156
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
[SIZE=1]If GeoModder could open up the turn and test out these internal orders that would be most helpfull.
No prob, first need to figger out what exactly needs to be done
Gets complicated with orders spread over several messages...
Old January 26, 2004, 17:56   #157
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Just skip the Boy Scout in Casablanca, the base should go Rec Commons, its a land base and their nothing that will threaten it.
If there's a garrison there, we can let the base grow one pop higher.
Old January 26, 2004, 18:04   #158
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:

If there's a garrison there, we can let the base grow one pop higher.
Base growth is stagnant know, I recommend to leave it as it is and build rec com.
Old January 26, 2004, 18:08   #159
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
Base growth is stagnant know, I recommend to leave it as it is and build rec com.
But if we build a boy scout now and let the base grow one pop higher, won't the extra worker get the rec commons finished sooner than it would if we build the rec commons directly?
Old January 26, 2004, 18:19   #160
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, I can make out these IAF orders:

Start research Doc: Air Power
Energy allocation: 50-0-50
Casablanca: Rec Com (2 against 1, Maniac)
And/Or Gate: start Res Hospital, Hol Theater or Network Node (I'll pick the most expensive one), rover to the pod north of town
DBTSportal: start Formers production
MegaByte Ville: start Rec Com production
Zetaris: Leave It Alone, change when PEG starts
Logic Loop: start Crawler production
Hurry Rec Com production in Triplex, Aurora etc... (I guess where possible AFTER upgrade 3 crawlers to MK9 AND crawler capture by probe north of Casablanca
(btw Impaler, Apolyton Prime has already an Rec Com

Former/crawler actions:
65.85 forest plant
74.66 mine build
78.66 one to 80.64, other to 79.66
Upgrade Crawlers on 70.64, 72.64 and 76.66 to Mk 9 (and to work afterwards)

Probes:
Probe Team in Casablance takes PEACE crawler north of it.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 26, 2004, 18:21   #161
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:

But if we build a boy scout now and let the base grow one pop higher, won't the extra worker get the rec commons finished sooner than it would if we build the rec commons directly?
Too much chance for a drone riot, it's a conquered base after all
Old January 26, 2004, 18:48   #162
Maniac

Quote:
Casablanca: Rec Com (2 against 1, Maniac)
IIRC the poll I organized a while back indicated otherwise. If now the majority lies otherwise, a rec commons it should be of course, but has the majority switched?

Quote:
Zetaris: Leave It Alone, change when PEG starts
I think Impaler agreed to hurry the crawler if we cashed it in for the PEG. Switching production next year from crawler to PEG and then using credits to hurry the remaining minerals will be much more expensive than the 11 credits now necessary to finish the crawler.

Quote:
Probes:
Probe Team in Casablance takes PEACE crawler north of it.
I don't think we'll have sufficient credits for that after hurrying the three crawlers. Also Impaler said he doubts 88 credits would be a reasonable price for a three rows crawler (while for that same price we could hurry a more expensive rec commons for example).

Quote:
Too much chance for a drone riot, it's a conquered base after all
According to the current drone status in Casablanca, it won't riot if it grows in size, provided it has a cheap 8 mineral garrison.

With all other orders I agree.
Old January 26, 2004, 19:14   #163
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, turn report (IAF only)

upgrade crawlers: 110 a piece
Logic Loop: almost drone riots, quelled it with one tech and 1 doc, crawler finishes in 1 turn
Triplex: rec com ready in 1 turn, costed 8 credits
Pi Square: crawler finishes in 1 turn, costed 5 credits
No credits left (26) for converting that PEACE crawler north of Casablanca
Researching D: AP: 14 or 13 turns
Energy Allocation: 50-0-50
Income: 48 credits a turn
formers all doing as requested, found one idle former on 69,79. Let it help the other former on that square with finishing solar collector
O yes, And/Or Gate produces Res Hos (24 turns) and the rover is on its way to the pod

update:
Hurried crawler in Zetaris, 11 credits it was, and the Casablanca production can be decided with the real turn

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; January 26, 2004 at 19:19.
Old January 26, 2004, 19:38   #164
Maniac

Quote:
Logic Loop: almost drone riots, quelled it with one tech and 1 doc
As far as I can see the drones are already quelled with the rec commons and the Ogre.

Quote:
Pi Square: crawler finishes in 1 turn, costed 5 credits
Pi Square will need a doctor though after Lair's captured. It'll probably be 10 credits to hurry.

Otherwise I'll edit the SF/IAF post I made in the orders thread.
Old January 26, 2004, 19:43   #165
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
As far as I can see the drones are already quelled with the rec commons and the Ogre.
I opened the save, looked on the town several times, and always there were almost drones

Quote:
[SIZE=1]Pi Square will need a doctor though after Lair's captured. It'll probably be 10 credits to hurry.
I played only the IAF orders, thus before any attack was made, so you're probably right. Shouldn't be a problem though, with capture of Lair the Naval Yard can be cashed and there was some credits left after the crawler upgrade and some production hurries.

Didn't want to do any offensive moves yet, IAF was stressfull enough
Old January 26, 2004, 19:46   #166
Maniac

Quote:
I opened the save, looked on the town several times, and always there were almost drones
Is it perhaps the b-drone display bug? I also see a drone in the main base screen, but in Logic Loops psych screen and the F4 screen everything seems fine.
Old January 26, 2004, 19:49   #167
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:

Is it perhaps the b-drone display bug? I also see a drone in the main base screen, but in Logic Loops psych screen and the F4 screen everything seems fine.
mmm, now nothing about that bug, but personally I won't like to take the chance. Off course, If you guys experience is that a drone in base screen but not in F4 or on the map isn't a drone, then fine by me;
Old January 27, 2004, 11:34   #168
Impaler[WrG]
King

I belive Logic Loop will be fully controled with 2 Tecnicians as it has been for some time now. Check and see if the bases name is turning red in the F4 window.

With regards to Casablanca, it is size 2 right now correct? If so and its not suffering from a Super Drone then a Rec Commons would alow both of thouse to become workers. 1 Police unit would not as you would still need to have 1 doctor (and thus the Police are redundant because the Doc fully controls the base). When the base grows to size 3 we will need both the Garrison and the Rec Commons to eliminate all drones. A Garrison without a Commons would put 2 workers in the field the same as a Rec Commons without a Garrison. As you can see Police dont realy do any good unless a Rec Commons is present FIRST.

Maniac points out that Boy Scout won the poll he had put up but this is misleading, WIA supported Rec Commons but didnt vote which would have made it a tie. And as we did build a Boy Scout in MBV as Maniac wished I belive its only fair to go with Rec Commons here. It would be nice though to get some additional opinions.
Old January 27, 2004, 14:30   #169
Maniac

Quote:
A Garrison without a Commons would put 2 workers in the field the same as a Rec Commons without a Garrison.
Isn't that an argument PRO building a four times cheaper scout first??
Old January 27, 2004, 15:05   #170
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:

Isn't that an argument PRO building a four times cheaper scout first??
There is still that impact marine repairing. It will be there for a while then. Or is it moved your pre-play?
Old January 27, 2004, 15:09   #171
Maniac

In my current EAF orders it's moving together with all other units on the CCS Impaler towards Little Accident. MY 2155 CCS Impaler should be able to land all its cargo on the monolith east of Little Accident, fully repairing the now damaged Impact Marines. In MY 2156 they'll be able to attack and hopefully capture Little Accident.

Should these orders be changed?
Old January 27, 2004, 15:57   #172
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
In my current EAF orders it's moving together with all other units on the CCS Impaler towards Little Accident. MY 2155 CCS Impaler should be able to land all its cargo on the monolith east of Little Accident, fully repairing the now damaged Impact Marines. In MY 2156 they'll be able to attack and hopefully capture Little Accident.

Should these orders be changed?
Doesn't really need so, but i'm concerned with that barque that finishes in (henry) morgan's boat next turn. I propose making the plasma steel garrison primary defender in Lair
Old January 29, 2004, 20:42   #173
GeoModder
Deity

Btw, what happened with that PEACE crawler north of Casablanca? Did you destroy it with a unit in Casablanca and then let it board the transport?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old January 30, 2004, 09:02   #174
Maniac

Yes. And as a consequence of destroying that crawler, IIRC Pamplona suffered a two-mineral production reduction, meaning the Barque didn't finish in their MY 2154 turn.
Old January 30, 2004, 10:04   #175
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Yes. And as a consequence of destroying that crawler, IIRC Pamplona suffered a two-mineral production reduction, meaning the Barque didn't finish in their MY 2154 turn.

The same trick can be done with those two crawlers just east of Lair. Let the impact rover attack those (or one of them) bring the whole bunch to Henry Morgan etc... and take the city. The only difference then is that a crawler is destroyed near Lair instead of Herny Morgan, those can be further taken care of next turn.
Old January 30, 2004, 13:36   #176
Impaler[WrG]
King

Internal Affairs Plan 2155

Aployton Prime- Hurry crawler, estimate 16 Credits

Triplex - Convert both Doctors to Tecnicians (should have been done last turn with the Rec Commons about to reach completion). New Production could be Crawler, Transport or Plasma Garrison, I will start a poll to this effect.

Logic Loop - Make one Tecnian a Doctor

Lair - Change Production to Rec Commons (I am assuming the Plasma Garrison will be staying their, is this correct or still under debate?)

Thermal - Produce Rec Commons, work the Nut bonus to prevent the population from being reduced

Binary Bastion - move worker from farm to forest

Bolean Bay - move worker from farm to forest

Aurora - put new worker on southern forest, Hurry crawler 8 Credits

Pi Square - work both Nut Bonuses and the rivered forest North East of the base, Move the new crawler south and crawl mins from the rivered Forest, put the last worker on the un-rivered forest to the south. Use 1 Doctor

Zetaris - New Production the PEG!!! Cash all 3 MK9 Crawlers and the new crawler in Zetaris. Move a worker from the forest onto the now unworked Mine. If the project isnt down to 1 turn then full hurry it.

MegaByte ville - No change

Portal - No change

Matrix - No change

Casablanca - Change Production to Rec commons

And/Or Gate - No Change

All Crawlers not already doing something should start roads in their present locations.
Old January 30, 2004, 14:52   #177
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
All Crawlers not already doing something should start roads in their present locations.
Do you mean formers?
Old January 30, 2004, 16:49   #178
Maniac

Quote:
Aployton Prime
Another suggestion. How about, after that crawler is moved, moving a worker from a 2-2-2 monolith to the 1-2-4 forest?

Quote:
Triplex
Why not make a worker out one of the doctors? We could work the mineral mine, the rainy mineral tile SW of it, and the monolith. This would create high mineral production and zero nutrient surplus, which we don't need anyway until we can control more drones in Triplex.

Also another suggestion: scrap the energy bank there!

Anyway, personally I would prefer building probe teams there, as Triplex has a command center (higher morale), and the new probes (together with the 2 currently there) can be picked up by CCS Impaler or Mammoth after the war and be sent north or west to probe the Angels, Hive or Drones.

Quote:
Logic Loop - Make one Tecnian a Doctor
Why?

Quote:
Lair - Change Production to Rec Commons (I am assuming the Plasma Garrison will be staying their, is this correct or still under debate?)
It would stay there in my current EAF order proposal. As no one has told yet they dislike it, I guess it will be executed that way.

Quote:
Thermal - Produce Rec Commons, work the Nut bonus to prevent the population from being reduced
The nut bonus is already being worked.
Here I would prefer to build a trance scout first. Look at the presend file: MBV has three doctors. A garrison can counter one drone there, allowing us to work the sea mineral. Therefore I'd like to suggest to hurry the trance scout production.

Quote:
Binary Bastion - move worker from farm to forest
Good idea.
Btw, what would you think about crawling two nutrients to that base and making both citizens doctors? After we go FM, and crawl some minerals to there, we could use that base to support all our air units that would elsewhere create pacifism drones.

Quote:
Zetaris - New Production the PEG!!! Cash all 3 MK9 Crawlers and the new crawler in Zetaris. Move a worker from the forest onto the now unworked Mine. If the project isnt down to 1 turn then full hurry it.

Quote:
Casablanca - Change Production to Rec commons
Could I please ask a poll?
Old January 31, 2004, 12:54   #179
Impaler[WrG]
King

Agree with Apolyton Prime working the Energy Bonus and Triplex working Monolith and both Mineral Bonues, we realy need any more population in thouse bases untill we have better Drone Control.

Logic Loop needs a Doctor because its going to Riot next turn (our turn player didn't check for Riot before ending the Turn, taking Lair must have triggered 2 Drones, we will have to be carefull from now on)

Also I asume we will be scraping Navel Yards so we cant srap the Energy Bank just yet, as soon as war is over it can be scraped.

Production in Triplex I am thinking could be a new CCS Impaler or a Crawler or a Plasma Garrison. Producing a new transport will alow us to move units around without diverting our current Attack Transpots from any potential targets (like the Angels, Hive).

Pi Square is another tricky question, I am currently leaning towards Crawler or Former to help pick up mineral output.
Old January 31, 2004, 13:04   #180
Maniac

Quote:
Logic Loop needs a Doctor because its going to Riot next turn (our turn player didn't check for Riot before ending the Turn, taking Lair must have triggered 2 Drones, we will have to be carefull from now on)
Don't worry, I did check. IIRC the b-drones were in Pi Square and Aurora. As for Logic Loop, aren't you making the same mistake as GeoModder? That drone in the main base screen is a diplay error. According to the F4 screen and the psych screen, the drone control is still sufficient.

Quote:
Also I asume we will be scraping Navel Yards so we cant srap the Energy Bank just yet, as soon as war is over it can be scraped.
I don't understand. The naval yard in Triplex is scrapped already. Why can't the enregy bank be scrapped now?