Old August 13, 2003, 01:51   #1
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 02:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Apolyton NES Guild!
It is I, Metaliturtle, and I have returnethed with yet another funky idea spawned in my mind after a night of browsing the internet. My idea is the:

APOLYTON NEVER ENDING STORIES GUILD!

Of course, we need us a cooler name, like the Unholy Order of Apolyton NESers or possibly just Unholy Order, whatever, the name is the most important, but we're doing that when someone with a larger vocabulary than me takes a crack at it.

Anywho, I would like this to be run by me, Skilord, and Sheep, making a trifecta of differing viewpoints to allow for fair decisions.

So what's the Guild gonna do?

1. Read through the better known and "classic" NESes on Apolyton, and try to give other guild members titles, for example, if someone seemed to always get killed no matter what nation they picked or what they did, the title of "cannon fodder" may be bestowed upon them.

2. The guild will also give standing "medals" to it's members that serve as rewards for good storytelling in NESes, for example, "most creative unique unit' or "best excuse to start a war" these should increase the writing or at least add new twists to NESes on apolyton.

How do I join?

1. You must have been an active participant in 2 or more Apolyton NESes.

2. You have to ask on this thread.

3. You have to get the ok from either me, Skilord, or Sheep.

4. Four is my new favorite number.

5. If you really want in the guild, but haven't been active in 2 apolyton NESes yet, you can apply for apprentice standing, and then upon your second NES you will become a member.

The guild will not recognize any achievements at CFC because it is after all, the Apolyton NES Guild.
Old August 13, 2003, 02:56   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 07:18
Hmm...I was involved in one, and am actively involved in two...If I put my mind to it, I can write quite eloquently.

So please? I'd love it if you accepted me
Old August 13, 2003, 07:12   #3
Methril
Never Ending StoriesNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 01:18
well, i have by some people's opinion the best Apolyton Nes ever (not just mine), have started 3 of them, and have been in about 7 Apolyton Nes's
Old August 13, 2003, 10:05   #4
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 23:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I would like to join the Guild.
Old August 13, 2003, 12:43   #5
naervod
PtWDG RoleplayDiplomacyNever Ending StoriesSpanish Civers
Chieftain

I am in one Apolyton NES and am modding one, so I'd at least like apprentice standing please.
Old August 13, 2003, 13:41   #6
trickey
Civilization III Democracy GameNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Prince

Local Time: 03:18
Sign me up please
Old August 13, 2003, 17:41   #7
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 00:18
A chance for Medals? Possibly Titals? Say no more! This has my support. Sign me up please.
Old August 17, 2003, 08:46   #8
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

anything new going on with this Methril?
Old August 17, 2003, 09:21   #9
Methril
Never Ending StoriesNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 01:18
not that i know of, of course its sheep, skilord, and metaliturtle running it
Old August 17, 2003, 11:39   #10
china444
Never Ending Stories
Settler

Local Time: 02:18
Im usually a CFC NESer, but I would be happy to join some 'Poly NES'es, or even mod one.
Old August 17, 2003, 14:08   #11
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Methril
not that i know of, of course its sheep, skilord, and metaliturtle running it
Then were in the world are they? I never see them around here anymore.
Old August 18, 2003, 00:24   #12
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 17:18
Ummm I am a mod? Cool.

My first order of buisness is to bestow the title cannon fodder on civman's nations. Not him, just his nations. No matter what natio he controls it will be ripped apart in a bloody uprising of civil unrest before the start of the third day.
Old August 18, 2003, 00:25   #13
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Local Time: 17:18
We need to get some good old fashioned NEsing started here. Not the CFC brand with updates governing the way we play, but the old poly style nesing that has seem to die.

For information ask me, I may start one soon, if given a good enough idea................
Old August 18, 2003, 00:31   #14
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sheep
We need to get some good old fashioned NEsing started here. Not the CFC brand with updates governing the way we play, but the old poly style nesing that has seem to die.

For information ask me, I may start one soon, if given a good enough idea................
Well Methril has a NES going already and I was think about starting a NES based on one of the Tom Clancy novels.
Old August 18, 2003, 00:40   #15
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 00:18
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheep

definitely. I've actually got two intended for that style ready for release, but have been waiting for the right time to release them. If anyone else has something planned, go ahead. I wasn't planning on starting one until Methril's current NES winds down. (assuming he ever updates it, hint hint )
Old August 24, 2003, 18:19   #16
Giovanni Wine
NationStatesNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 08:18
I would like to apply to the guild.

Being one of the oldest NESer (in terms of playing), Mod of one of the longest running NESes at Poly (the first one to reach a second thread) and having partecipated in many many NESes.... I hope that my application will be accepted.

Otherwise I'm gonna send my B-23 Ferrari powered Bomber over Metaliturtle, SKILORD and Sheep's houses

Saluti
"If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
"In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio
Old August 30, 2003, 06:02   #17
st_swithin
CTP1/2 GODDESS

Local Time: 07:18
Have yez room for one more bastard?