Old March 20, 2004, 05:07   #481
Rommel2D
staff
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers

Local Time: 02:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
* post deleted

A college semester of German isn't enough to properly balderdash with, especially not with a gut full of cheap Amerikanisher bier.

Last edited by Rommel2D; March 20, 2004 at 13:43.
Old March 21, 2004, 19:15   #482
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:31
to GF.

Oh, the joys of finding Iron so close to home

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old March 22, 2004, 09:23   #483
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:31
Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
The Romans would like to announce the absorption of the RNC into the Roman Empire.

We felt that with all the whinning they were doing they were closet Democrats and the threat of a flood of world wide bull$hit had to be eliminated.
It should be noted that conmcb25's Liberal civilization is prone to making false statements. Most likely because they cannot accomplish anything on their on and have to take credit for others achievements.

Sent to conmcb25.
Old March 22, 2004, 23:38   #484
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 00:31
Bla Bla Yada Yada

3350bc to Darekill
Old March 23, 2004, 05:23   #485
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:31
Ach du meintest Blubberblubber Rhabarbergelaber ja, dass gibt es auch bei uns....

Sorry but my translater won't translate Blubberblubber and Rhabarbergelaber. I think it means something like "Bla Bla Yada Yada"....

Sent it on to Beta...
Old March 23, 2004, 08:59   #486
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Bah - humbug.

To the weed killer ...
Old March 23, 2004, 09:49   #487
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Okay, now you people are even trying to balderdash............
Old March 26, 2004, 03:17   #488
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Babylonian exploratory units traveling through the wilderness have stumbled upon a small village which has taught us the secret of JunglePower(tm). The exact nature of this ultra secret technological breakthrough will not be revealed at this time, sorry.

Wait, I'm supposed to tell you guys something that's complete BALDERDASH, not something that's actually true.

So be it:

JunglePower(tm) is rumored by local Babylonian villagers to be a form of disease that while it would surely kill foreigners, causes native Babylonians to rise to unparalleled feats of ---------censored----------. We will certainly bury you all!

Wait, once again, I have actually told you something that is true and does not qualify within the rules of the game. Therefore, I must try again:

Mighty Babylon is prepared to offer mediation services in the Roman-v-RNC conflict of 3300 BCE. If both sides would submit their briefs along with stamped and signed C-743/T forms (which you can apply for with a 7-OR/45 application form sent to the Ministry of Annoying Regulations), the Ministry of Arbitration will see to mediating your dispute.

Oh, I almost forgot... save to GodKing.
Old March 27, 2004, 11:39   #489
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

I will be away on vacation from today until next Friday, and in the off chance a save actually makes it to me during that time, I apologize in advance for the delay
Old March 30, 2004, 00:48   #490
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

We got hungry.

So we ate our only source of Elephants.

Sent to conmcb25.
Old March 30, 2004, 23:32   #491
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Forgot to mention that I sent it to the barbarian GF, but he already told you about his small elephant problem.....

--Con
Old April 1, 2004, 12:26   #492
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Like I told the guys at MZO, Im quitting all my PBEM's.
Old April 1, 2004, 13:02   #493
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
Like I told the guys at MZO, Im quitting all my PBEM's.
Riiiiight...considering what day it is and considering what the theme of this PBEM is. Let's just say I don't believe it.
Old April 1, 2004, 13:06   #494
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill

Riiiiight...considering what day it is and considering what the theme of this PBEM is. Let's just say I don't believe it.
Well you are a lot more perceptive than Uber, he fell for it hook line and sinker at MZO.

It will be played sometime today, I have had a very busy week in RL.

Maybe..............
Old April 2, 2004, 00:46   #495
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Whose turn is it anyway?
Old April 2, 2004, 00:55   #496
Rommel2D
staff
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers

The Nepalleons would like to challenge all fellow tribes to attend a concert at Angkor Wat.

3300BC to Zargonx
Old April 2, 2004, 01:55   #497
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Nice Rommel.

The continuing adventures of Bucky Katt the Monkey Hunter have continued. He hacked a hairball and that's all the news that fit to print.

3300bc to Darekill
Old April 2, 2004, 23:00   #498
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

If someone sent the save to me, I don't have it
Old April 3, 2004, 04:14   #499
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by ZargonX
If someone sent the save to me, I don't have it
No one really cares.

Unfortunately we can't blame anything on you since no one sent you the save yet.
Old April 3, 2004, 09:30   #500
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill

No one really cares.

Unfortunately we can't blame anything on you since no one sent you the save yet.
Sure we can, he just got back, he has jet lag and probably doesn't even know he has it
Old April 3, 2004, 14:56   #501
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:31
'twas mine now it is Betas. I've just sent it two days ago....
Old April 4, 2004, 17:02   #502
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

What is this jet thing you are talking about???? Can I upgrade my 6 galleys?

Save played this morning when Poly was down and sent to the Weed Man.
Old April 5, 2004, 10:00   #503
ZargonX
Emperor

The brothers of Zeta Xi were thrilled to come across some potential new party-goers in the hills near their lands, but were less thrilled when the new guys turned out to be totally lame and only gave them maps of things the brothers had already seen. The ZXers responded in the only way they knew how, and pummeled them mercislessly, and burned their crap hut town to the ground.

To Arn, yesterday.
Old April 5, 2004, 19:33   #504
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

The Imperium had absolutely nothing of import happen this turn. Absolutely nothing at all.

Save to GK.
Old April 8, 2004, 22:19   #505
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Conquests V1.22
Hey guys, just FYI..

I have done some testing tonight and this game is NOT compatible with v1.22. So I'm including what I did to still be able to play in both v1.15 and v1.22 by interchanging.

Before upgrading to v1.22, make a folder called V1.15 in the Civilization directory (not the Conquests). Copy (not cut) EVERYTHING in the Conquests folder over to the V1.15 folder. Then use the patch upgrade to v1.22. Then make a folder called V1.22 in the Civilization directory. Copy (not cut) EVERYTHING that is now in the Conquests folder over to the V1.22 folder.

EDIT: If you have separate folders for 1.15 and for 1.22 then all you need to do is hit the .exe for 1.15 to go back to 1.15 to play that version. Then click on the 1.22 .exe file to go back to 1.22 Thanks to UnOrthOdOx for that.

Anyway, that seems like the easiest way to me to be able to switch between versions for now. If anyone has an easier way please say so.

Last edited by Rhothaerill; April 8, 2004 at 23:06.
Old April 11, 2004, 11:30   #506
GodKing
Emperor

Sorry about the delay. My computer fell off the desk. Literally. So I picked up a new laptop, and am still trying to configure it. Only problem is that the laptop doesn't have a modem (it is configured for high speed and wireless, but not a good ol fashon dial up), so I am using my old 486 for internet, and burning CD's to go back and forth for now. As it is the holiday weekend, no chance of getting a modem, but should be up and running next week.

Save to GF

--Con
Old April 11, 2004, 11:54   #507
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Only problem is that the laptop doesn't have a modem (it is configured for high speed and wireless, but not a good ol fashon dial up), Save to GF
Its amazing how rapidly dial up is becoming ancient technology.

Good luck GodKing
Old April 20, 2004, 12:17   #508
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

As I think most of you are aware, GhengisFarb has been gone for a couple of weeks now. I don't think anyone knows when or if he is coming back so we need to start thinking of replacements for him in this game. Uber Krux took over for him for a turn a while back, maybe we can get him to do it permanently.

I think that is the only way this game will move on unfortunately.
Old April 20, 2004, 21:45   #509
Beta
lifer
Deity

Uber would be a good replacement. Then again, maybe he has too gentle a soul for this game.
Old April 20, 2004, 21:57   #510
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
Uber would be a good replacement. Then again, maybe he has too gentle a soul for this game.
Farb is apparently back. He showed up about 10 minutes after I posted this (and in a few other PBEMs I'm in with him) He said he would be getting to his PBEMs very soon.