Old August 26, 2003, 21:19   #31
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:30
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
It will make it to me soon then. Good. You infidels shall feel our just and holy might.
Assuming Arnie actually sent the saves to Beta.............
Old August 28, 2003, 04:52   #32
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:30
Beta sent me an e-mail last night before I lost internet access for much of today. He is temporarily banned from poly for some "technicality", which is why he has not posted about the Balderdash PBEM.

He also needs Darekill's e-mail addy for sending on the save if anyone wants to send it to him.
Old August 29, 2003, 00:28   #33
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Local Time: 03:30
I'm baaaaack!

Sorry for the absence guys. It was forced. Uploading pictures (no GF, not those type), I was going to use in a pictoral essay, of sorts. But I guess they are really cracking down on this kind of thing, and I got caught.

So- sorry again about the delay. I needed to get into Poly to get Darekill's e-mail. The saves are now with him.

(I was posting in the other forum before I recalled that the pbem thread was set up)

My votes are:

First choice - game # 1
Second - game #4
Third - game #2
Fourth - game #3
Old August 29, 2003, 00:30   #34
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

GF - I think you set me up as the Persians, which is what I requested once I realized how the uu's were being handled.
Old August 29, 2003, 01:55   #35
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:30
My choice is:
Old August 29, 2003, 10:16   #36
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Game 1 is kicking butt. I wonder if it ended up with a larger land percentage, usually larger land areas generate better maps.

Ye List O' Rankings:
Game 1
1 GhengisFarb
1 UnOrthOdOx
1 Arnelos
1 Beta
1 Darekill
- GodKing
- ZargonX
- Aggie

Game 2
3 GhengisFarb
3 UnOrthOdOx
4 Arnelos
3 Beta
4 Darekill
- GodKing
- ZargonX
- Aggie

Game 3
4 GhengisFarb
4 UnOrthOdOx
3 Arnelos
4 Beta
3 Darekill
- GodKing
- ZargonX
- Aggie

Game 4
2 GhengisFarb
2 UnOrthOdOx
2 Arnelos
2 Beta
2 Darekill
- GodKing
- ZargonX
- Aggie

Quote:
GF - I think you set me up as the Persians, which is what I requested once I realized how the uu's were being handled.
I am confused. I set it up with what you requested in the PTWDG forum. Do you want a restart?

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; August 29, 2003 at 19:52.
Old August 29, 2003, 10:21   #37
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
Sorry for the absence guys. It was forced. Uploading pictures (no GF, not those type), I was going to use in a pictoral essay, of sorts. But I guess they are really cracking down on this kind of thing, and I got caught.
Apoly bans people for uploading pictures? The DemoGames are doomed if we can't upload screenshots.

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
(I was posting in the other forum before I recalled that the pbem thread was set up)
This is just for setup. Once we start turn 2 with the winning game we will start a new thread with the Balderdash element. There was no way I was going to write four different versions only to throw three away.
Old August 29, 2003, 10:37   #38
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

You can't upload non-civ (or other covered game) related materials IIRC.

Surprised no warning first, though.

/me wonders where the cartoons for various versions of my papers fall within the context of this rule

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 29, 2003, 13:58   #39
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
I am confused.
Tell us something we didn't know.

Quote:
I set it up with you requested in the PTWDG forum. Do you want a restart?
No. Who I have is fine. I wanted the Persians. And since I have Xerxes I assume that is who I have. I can't recall the techs. Hmm - BW and Masonry - so must be Persians.
Old August 29, 2003, 14:06   #40
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
You can't upload non-civ (or other covered game) related materials IIRC.

Surprised no warning first, though.

* UnOrthOdOx wonders where the cartoons for various versions of my papers fall within the context of this rule
Yes - it was the 'non-game-related' issue. Although, my intent was to use them for game purposes - a bit like the cartoons.

I wasn't given a written warning. But I did try it a couple times - and since there was 12 pictures, I would get a few done - then come back the next day to do more - and noticed that the first ones were gone. I assumed it was a technical upload glitch, or that I had exceeded my 20 mb limit (I was trying to figure out how much 1mb really was and doing the math ), so I uploaded them again. Same thing. So, I cleaned out most of my old Vox files, and took the time one evening to upload all 12. That did it I think. Ming passed on my quick message, and I sent a note to Dan apologizing and explaining my intenet, and promising not to do it again, but *zap*...banned. I think the recent Poly issues have made them more sensitive to this kind of thing.

So, lesson learned. But I was thinking about things such as cartoons and the like. You may want to check.
Old August 29, 2003, 14:09   #41
Beta
lifer
Deity

Maybe we should take game 4. Might be more interesting. Or even one of the middle ones. It sort of looks like everyone (so far) has similar starting positions in each of the games. If that is the case - maybe we should have a coin toss (two semi0finals and a final) to determine the map we use.
Old August 29, 2003, 15:33   #42
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

lets just see what it looks like first....
dk just pmed me asking for my email, which I pmed back to him. If he gets it to me soon, I will play it tomarrow morning.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 29, 2003, 15:39   #43
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

This marks several times I've seen the 4-game voting process, it seems that there is generally not allot of variation in the voting. It also seems that about 1-4 the RMG will just produce a sh*tty map, for all start positions.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 29, 2003, 19:54   #44
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
This marks several times I've seen the 4-game voting process, it seems that there is generally not allot of variation in the voting. It also seems that about 1-4 the RMG will just produce a sh*tty map, for all start positions.
Yep, I'm really curious to find out if it relates to water percentage.
Old August 30, 2003, 11:53   #45
Beta
lifer
Deity

Test
I needed a spot in an open forum to test attaching a file - which I have never done. So, here is a picture of the Atlantean Queen ....
Attached Images:

Old August 30, 2003, 11:54   #46
Beta
lifer
Deity

Works!
Old August 30, 2003, 19:21   #47
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Hurry up already! I think I've forgotten my password..........
Old August 31, 2003, 18:59   #48
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
I think I've forgotten my password..........
We, your opponents, expected nothing less.
Old August 31, 2003, 19:34   #49
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Holding the game hostage for three weeks is just wrong people!
Old September 1, 2003, 11:55   #50
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

my rankings

game1 - 1
game2 - 2
game 3 - 4
game4 - 3

poly is acting up again. I see each letter about 2 minutes after I type it in. hope this post works.

--Con
Old September 1, 2003, 15:37   #51
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Game 1 is the winner. Now if we can just get to turn 2.....

Ye List O' Rankings:
Game 1
1 GhengisFarb
1 UnOrthOdOx
1 Arnelos
1 Beta
1 Darekill
1 GodKing
- ZargonX
- Aggie

Game 2
3 GhengisFarb
3 UnOrthOdOx
4 Arnelos
3 Beta
4 Darekill
2 GodKing
- ZargonX
- Aggie

Game 3
4 GhengisFarb
4 UnOrthOdOx
3 Arnelos
4 Beta
3 Darekill
4 GodKing
- ZargonX
- Aggie

Game 4
2 GhengisFarb
2 UnOrthOdOx
2 Arnelos
2 Beta
2 Darekill
3 GodKing
- ZargonX
- Aggie
Old September 1, 2003, 21:31   #52
Beta
lifer
Deity

Just so you know - all non-Atlanteans are 'little' peoples. I want this to be clear from the start.

(Also - as everyone chose gane 1 as their first choice - I think we should start with another one - maybe game 4, which was the majority second choice. What say ye?)
Old September 1, 2003, 23:03   #53
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

The Glorious Radiant Emperor Zar-Xu sees the conspiracy against him at work already. This "Game #1" fails to be his first choice, though for others it is clearly wondrous. Emperor Zar-Xu's votes are as follows:

1- Game 2
2- Game 3
3- Game 1
4- Game 4
Old September 1, 2003, 23:31   #54
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Quote:
(Also - as everyone chose gane 1 as their first choice - I think we should start with another one - maybe game 4, which was the majority second choice. What say ye?)
The Glorious Radiant Emperor Zar-Xu is against this. If we don't want to use his third choice, why use his fourth?
Old September 2, 2003, 00:30   #55
Aggie
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG Glory of WarCivilization III Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:30
Save played and I see no way that the great ottomans could ever lose. Victory is assured all others can just give up.
Aggie
Old September 2, 2003, 01:49   #56
Darekill
Prince

Oh that is convincing!

Me give up! Me give up!

I was suposed to lie here, wasn't I ?
Old September 2, 2003, 09:00   #57
GodKing
Emperor

No no no. not over there. over here. you are supposed to act as my shield PRIOR to dying. That way GF would waste all his bad breath on you and leave us glorious arabs untouched.

--Con
Old September 2, 2003, 10:11   #58
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

We may not be playing squat if I can't remember my password.
Old September 3, 2003, 00:49   #59
Darekill
Prince

Aren't you able to remeber a single PW all my games have the same PW: It is "Felix"! I can't forget that.

Oh and don't you try to use this PW of mine. It won't work
Old September 3, 2003, 10:46   #60
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Yep, you have to have a standard Pword. All my games are done under "Alec2147"

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby