Old August 18, 2003, 18:16   #1
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 02:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
'New Posts Invisible?'
Recently, I've been having a very odd problem. I can't see any of the new posts/threads in the Civ3-Democracy Game forum, but I know that new posts do exist. On the main forum page, the light bulb next to the Civ3- Democracy Game forum is lit up, and in the Last Post column it says 'August 18th, 2003 05:36 by BigFurryMonster' (or something along those lines,) but when I enter the forum, the last post was on August 15. And it has remained like that for several days, even though there are new posts.

Also, when I click on the arrow button next to the time of the last post in that forum on the main page, it says 'No Forum Specified.'

Oddly enough, this problem only occurs on the Civ3 Democracy Game forum, all of the other forums/fora (whichever one of those is correct ) work correctly.

I've tried everything I can think of to solve the problem, with no success so far. I've changed forum styles, checked through the forum control panel options, and deleted cached pages and made sure that it was always updating cached pages in my Internet Options. (I'm using IE 6, BTW.) So, does anyone know what the problem is here? And is anyone else experiencing the same problems?

An image below that I captured earlier highlights the problem (circles added my me.)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	polyprob.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	51636  
Old August 18, 2003, 18:22   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 07:35
Re: 'New Posts Invisible?'
Does the Civ3 Democracy Game have private forums?
Old August 18, 2003, 18:46   #3
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 10:35
Yes, that is the problem. You see the last post time that is a post of a private forum. And when you try to go to that post, you find out that you have no access .
Old August 18, 2003, 19:05   #4
badams52
King

Local Time: 23:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Johnny,

you should see a new thread in the demo game forum now...
Old August 18, 2003, 20:38   #5
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 02:35
Yes, that's the problem.

I didn't realize the ISDG was in a sub-forum of the regular Civ3 Demo Game. I knew the problem was bound to be some silly thing I overlooked.

Oh well.
Old August 19, 2003, 16:48   #6
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 07:35
BY DECREE OF TASSADAR, THIS THREAD IS DECLARED ABANDONED
Old August 19, 2003, 18:24   #7
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 08:35
There are some posters for whom the introduction of invisible new posts would pay immediate dividends.
Old August 19, 2003, 20:55   #8
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 18:35
Yeah, but the mods are probably watching you after that post, Spikey.