Old August 22, 2003, 04:38   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 02:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Balderdash PBEM
Since the thread where things about this PBEM is posted doesn't have all of the information about the game and is intermixed with other junk, I figured giving it its own organizational thread was a good idea.

As for the organization and rules I know of thusfar...

PLAYERS IN ORDER OF PLAY

GhengisFarb
Leader: Ghengis
Formal: ?
Noun: Ghauls
Adjective: ?
Title: ?
Civilization: ?
Color: German Blue

UnOrthOdOx
Leader: Makhpiya-Luta
Formal: Iroquois
Noun: Iroquois
Adjective: Iroquois
Title: Chief
Civilization: Iroquois
Color: Iroquois Purple

Arnelos
Leader: Arnelos
Formal: The Empire
Noun: Imperials
Adjective: Imperial
Title: Emperor
Civilization: Japan
Color: Aztec Green

Beta
Leader: Beta
Formal: Atlantis
Noun: Atlanteans
Adjective: Atlanteans
Civilization: Greece
Color: Greek Green

Darekill
Leader: Darekill
Formal: Demogyptica
Noun: Demogypticans
Adjective: Demogyptican
Civilization: ?
Color: Egyptian Yellow

GodKing
Leader: GodKing
Formal: Arabia
Noun: Arabs
Adjective: Arabian
Title: Caliph
Civilization: Arabia
Color: Arabian Pink

ZargonX
Leader: Zargon_X
Formal: China
Noun: Chinese
Adjective: Chinese
Title: Chairman
Civilization: China
Color: Chinese/American Cyan

Aggie
Leader: Aggie
Formal: Ottomans
Noun: Ottomans
Adjective: Ottoman
Title: Sultan
Civilization: Ottomans
Color: English/Ottoman Orange

GAME SETTINGS

- Victory conditions?
- Mass Regicide
- others???

SPECIAL RULES
- Numidian Mercenaries and X unit (???) are hidden nationality units
- Each player is responsible for posting propaganda and/or complete balderdash regarding their civ.
Old August 22, 2003, 04:39   #2
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I need an e-mail address for Beta and I need to know where to (or whom to) submit my votes for which map to play.

Thank You
Old August 22, 2003, 08:59   #3
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 01:41
http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=94887

Can't help you on Beta, Im not near my address book.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 25, 2003, 09:31   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Sheesh, How many pre Game threads are we gonna have, this makes three already.

I don't think Beta has an email anymore. Ever since Vox departed for Lego he hasn't posted very much, if at all.
Old August 25, 2003, 16:36   #5
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Well if the idiot who started the game would have taken time to let everyone know he started a thread in the PBEM forum, perhaps poor Arnelos here would not have felt the need to start yet another one.

Yet one more pathetic attempt by the Guals to sew confusion amongst the other nations.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 25, 2003, 17:38   #6
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Not only did I post that the thread was started. I also posted a link in the post. I then pm'd all the players about the thread AND pm'd the players a link to the thread.

Short of walking to your house, turning on your computer, and showing you how to move your computer illiterate mouse how to click a link I think I did all I could to get you on the right track.

I see our people's are going to be mortal enemies in this game................
Old August 25, 2003, 21:25   #7
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

/me pulls out the truthometer

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb
Not only did I post that the thread was started. I also posted a link in the post. I then pm'd all the players about the thread AND pm'd the players a link to the thread.

Short of walking to your house, turning on your computer, and showing you how to move your computer illiterate mouse how to click a link I think
I did all I could to get you on the right track.

I see
our people's are going to be mortal enemies in this game................

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 25, 2003, 21:36   #8
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 03:41
ur truthometer's broken
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 25, 2003, 21:43   #9
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
ur truthometer's broken
Instead of a TruthOmeter it became a Reader'sDigestCondensedVersionOmeter.

I suspect operator error. UnOrthO has never shown much technical ability...............
Old August 25, 2003, 22:17   #10
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:

Instead of a operator error UnOrthO has shown much technical ability...............
lying aren't you GF...
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 25, 2003, 23:13   #11
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32

lying aren't you GF...
Yoda speak, what's with?

Your pathetic attempts to forge the TruthOmeter are getting more and more pathetic...............
Old August 26, 2003, 00:10   #12
badams52
King

Local Time: 23:41
Local Date: November 1, 2010
nm, after reading your posts again, I think GF understood the hidden message.
Old August 26, 2003, 09:21   #13
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:

I suspect operator error. UnOrthO has never shown much technical ability...............
I should have known better than to trust in such a thing as 'Science'. A mistake that will become painfully clear to the Gauls when I allow Taku Shanskan to guide my hand and rid the earth of such an unholy presence.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2003, 14:59   #14
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:

Short of walking to your house, turning on your computer, and showing you how to move your computer illiterate mouse how to click a link I think I did all I could to get you on the right track.

I see our people's are going to be mortal enemies in this game................
I never got a PM...
Old August 26, 2003, 15:14   #15
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

I never got a PM...
As I said, this is all just another pathetic attempt from the worthless mind of GhengisFarb to sew dissention amongst the rank and file of the other nations in this game. Little does he realize that with each passing lie, he hammers another nail into his own coffin.

BTW, did you pass them on, and how do you rank the saves?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 26, 2003, 15:36   #16
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

I believe Beta has them right now, and as far as I know, he is in absentia.
Old August 26, 2003, 15:42   #17
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

I never got a PM...
I actually sent two to you, I figured since you were on the Roleplay team you wouldn't be that quick on the uptake and probably needed two pms.
Old August 26, 2003, 17:15   #18
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Do not badmouth RP you heretic. Infidel. Worthless wife of a sow. We, the arabs, fully support the members of RP in their crushing defeat of the self cursed GoW and their lackies ND.

I did get the PM's just couldn't do much with them as poly was down so much.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 26, 2003, 23:25   #19
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Oh so GF did bother to send out a FEW PM's. Guess that lets me know exactly how high GF has me on his list if he intended to ignore me...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 27, 2003, 06:33   #20
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
Oh so GF did bother to send out a FEW PM's. Guess that lets me know exactly how high GF has me on his list if he intended to ignore me...
Was there some confusion as to that? I sent you the SAVE, was that too complicated for you to decipher?
Old August 28, 2003, 22:44   #21
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

I'm baaaaack!

Sorry for the absence guys. It was forced. Uploading pictures (no GF, not those type), I was going to use in a pictoral essay, of sorts. But I guess they are really cracking down on this kind of thing, and I got caught.

So- sorry again about the delay. I needed to get into Poly to get Darekill's e-mail. The saves are now with him.

My votes are:

First choice - game # 1
Second - game #4
Third - game #2
Fourth - game #3

Old August 28, 2003, 22:45   #22
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

And I do have a question - does this mean I do not get the Greek UU?
Old August 29, 2003, 00:24   #23
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Beta
And I do have a question - does this mean I do not get the Greek UU?
Probably not bozo, as you do not even have the Greeks.
Old August 29, 2003, 01:14   #24
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Quote:
Probably not bozo, as you do not even have the Greeks.
Wow... he's trash-talking HIMSELF already!
Old August 29, 2003, 01:52   #25
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

Local Time: 08:41
Hallo ihr Säcke!
So einen riesigen Misthaufen an Spielständen habe ich ja noch nie gesehen!
Einfach nur Schrott!
Na ja meine Wahl wäre in der Reihenfolge:
Spiel 1
Spiel 4
Spiel 3
Spiel 2

Ach ja noch ein wort zur Organisation. Das ist das letzte ich habe ja nichtmal die E-mail von GodKing oder wie der Depp heißt.
Dieser lausige Atlanter Beta hat mir den Müll wenigstens zumailen können weil ich so weise war ihm meine Adresse zuzuschicken.

Translation: (Try to do it for yourself and you find out it is actually a little bit more friendly than the original)

Hi Friends.
I have never seen such a nice collection of saves.
Just fantastic.
My choice would be in that order:
game #1
game #4
game #3
game #2

Oh and one word concerning the organisation. It's top just that I miss the e-mail adress of GodKing or like this wise man is called to whom I have to send the saves.

the honorable atlantean Beta was able to send me the saves because i droped him a PM...

Like I said try to translate it for yourself and you'll see that I sound a little bit more like Balderdash in the original
Old August 29, 2003, 03:11   #26
vondrack
lifer
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMPtWDG Legoland
Emperor

That's hilarious, Darekill!

Einfach nur Schrott...
Just fantastic...

Old August 29, 2003, 13:48   #27
Beta
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by ZargonX

Wow... he's trash-talking HIMSELF already!
Actually - I think this would help with some of the current isses here in the ptwdg. You can only trash talk yourself.

Yes - a bit schizophrenic maybe, but then according to that Crystal Clear article in SPIN awhile back, I'm not all 'there' anyway.

(Glad to see she was 'interviewing' someone else this time. Uno, is this your doing by the way.)
Old August 29, 2003, 14:06   #28
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

I don't post anonymously. Never have, never will.

I have a decent lead as to the source, but it was not me.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 29, 2003, 14:36   #29
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

DK pm'ed me for my email I pm'ed it to him. So I expect to get the save shortly. I will need zargonX's email shortly...... guess I better send him a pm.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old August 29, 2003, 15:34   #30
Darekill
PtWDG2 Monty PythonC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Neu Demogyptica
Prince

good idea God king!
You already got mail