Old August 26, 2003, 02:09   #1
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 23:51
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The Problems with Apolyton NES
I have notice lately that people have started NES, many that people want to be part of and dont want to die, yet the people who start them always in the middle or in the begining all of sudden decide that they cant do it anymore.

Now I understand that people have lives and all, but this is happening more and more often and ever damn NES that has started with the last month this has happened too, and I am getting sick of it and so I decided to start a thread about this. If you are going to start a NES, why cant you make sure you have the time to mod it if it requires it?? WHat do you all think??
Old August 26, 2003, 03:54   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 07:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I think the PRC is whining.
Old August 26, 2003, 08:41   #3
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 18:51
People can't always predict how mych free time they will have a month from now, nor can they accurately predict just how much time a paticular activity, say an NES game, will take up from them. What can you do?
Old August 26, 2003, 09:09   #4
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
People can't always predict how mych free time they will have a month from now, nor can they accurately predict just how much time a paticular activity, say an NES game, will take up from them. What can you do?
Well this has happened more then once. I would rather someone not start a NES that needs to be moded, then a week latter it is closed because they dont have time anymore. It is really getting to a point were every NES with mod closes with a week or 2, and that is just plain sick.
Old August 26, 2003, 15:00   #5
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 07:51
Become the change you wish to see in the world - Gandhi.
Old August 26, 2003, 18:52   #6
erz87
Never Ending StoriesDiplomacy
Warlord

Local Time: 09:51
IN other words, be a MOD for ones and learn what is to MOD... brrrrrrrr
Old August 26, 2003, 19:54   #7
Methril
Never Ending StoriesNationStates
Prince

Local Time: 01:51
my updates take a long time, thier more like events. But i still am loyal to it
Old August 27, 2003, 00:01   #8
naervod
PtWDG RoleplayDiplomacyNever Ending StoriesSpanish Civers
Chieftain

I unfortunately had to close my NES because, like Skanky Burns said, people can't always predict how much time their NES will take or if they have the time for it when they start it. Hopefully I will be able to revive when I have more time.
Old August 27, 2003, 09:19   #9
Jack_www
King

Well I have moded a NES before, just so you all know it was a WWII NES, but got killed because people started to think I was favoring one side more then the other in the battles. All I am saying, if you think that you might not have the time to do an NES that needs a mod then wait untill you think you got the time. THis is happening more and more and more and it seems every damn time it happens to the NES on hear. WHy? I know that unexpected things come up, but to every person that is moding?

FOr example, Sheep was modding a NES, the one Naervod tried but failed to revive. He had just gotten a job somewhere with the government, and instead of thinking maybe he would not have time to do the NES he still did it anyways. Then out of the blue we dont hear from him for days and it turns out he had to go to work. I would have not done the NES in the first place, but then again maybe that is just me. All I ask that people think about starting a NES that needs a mod long and hard, so that we dont get our hopes up and then see that the NES is closed right before any of the fun starts.