Old August 28, 2003, 23:52   #1
Tassadar500
Emperor

Local Time: 00:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Political Party Thread
This is thread to discuss Political Party's in the DG. And it's also the thread to create political party's.
Old August 29, 2003, 09:28   #2
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Local Time: 03:58
I'll just say something here, it is probable that political parties will not really get to the really important stage. As in the first DG, the parties were not a basis to get elected, they were... something else. Not quite sure what
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 29, 2003, 09:38   #3
Epistax
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 02:58
While they do add more depth to the game, it's not the depth I'm looking for.
Old August 29, 2003, 10:02   #4
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 01:58
Quote:
Originally posted by Panzer32
As in the first DG, the parties were not a basis to get elected, they were... something else. Not quite sure what
The Hawks got their people elected.

The DIA got the Hawks elected also......

The DIA was utterly useless, they didn't stand or support what they claimed to, they were the largest party and couldn't get themselves elected, and everytime we had a chance for peace they voted for war with the Hawks.

Demogame 1 Final Score: Hawks 132, DIA 0
Old August 29, 2003, 11:29   #5
Kuciwalker
Deity

That's because last game (EDIT: meaning the first game) we all really WERE a bunch of hawks

I expect the hawks would do really well this game to (we are Vikings )

Last edited by Kuciwalker; August 29, 2003 at 13:54.
Old August 29, 2003, 12:13   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 19:58
/me runs like the plague his hit nextdoor

Might I say I was technically in that United Front thingy for the first game? So that party supplied the most prolific President.

Maybe I should just go back to my old 3A2C3 roots.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old August 29, 2003, 12:53   #7
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

The DIA was utterly useless, they didn't stand or support what they claimed to, they were the largest party and couldn't get themselves elected, and everytime we had a chance for peace they voted for war with the Hawks.

Now, now, be fair.

The DIA ALWAYS managed to put forth many ministers and presidents. Ninot, Timeline, Thud, Arnelos, civman, Kloreep, just to name a few.

And they DID manage to support their view on each and every poll that ever came out. The problem was that view changed every week so none of them knew what it was.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 29, 2003, 12:58   #8
Anaximander
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

I know that this is going to sound like a newbie question, but I am new to the Demo game so what the hey. Just how many political parties are there, and what are there different platforms. I imagine that there is a post somewhere outlining this. If someone could direct me to it I would greatly appreciate it!

Historical Rants and Philosophical Dilemmas
http://www.geocities.com/jeff_roberts65/
Old August 29, 2003, 13:11   #9
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

This is a new game, no parties are formed yet. Feel free to start one on your own platform.

As for old parties from past games. Well some fool or another was brave enough to consolidate their Mission Statements. They can be found here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=55629

Or you can just read the Hawk Party statement since it simply flows well, outlining what a party SHOULD be. A true master must have penned this one

Quote:
Our mission is to assure that our nation will be in a position to allow AS MANY victory types by end game as possble. This requires strong, aggressive military action, especially early, to ensure ourselves a position where Domination and Conquest are possible. Building cultural improvements and Wonders will be done in the times where we are either at peace, or our military is deemed adequate to it's task. Once we have built our nation, we should rotate military with cultural building to assure our dominance in all areas.

We believe science should focus on what is most needed at the time, be it a wonder tech, or a military advance. Trading tech should preferrably be done in return for other tech or needed resources. Trading away tech for cash should only be done when it is either a dire need, or would cripple a rival's economy, thereby giving us a further lead.

We promote and advocate wars that can be won, be they to gain territory, resources, or simply to slow an opponent or deny resources. We DO NOT advocate prolonged wars that will strangle our economy and resources. Before declaring war, our nation should have a clear view of the objectives already in place. There are many civ's out there who will challenge our dominance, carefull planning and adaptation will be required for the military to succeed. We support capturing cities when possible and razing when neccessary.

We welcome opposing views and parties, as competition leads to greater strength. Debate and votes are essential to our society, and we will leave major decisions on what is best to the people, as they are the true strength of Apolytonia. While we may oppose others views, we realize that the enemy lies without, and not within, and will work to achieve a cooperation between parties to meet the greater good. We believe in the Democratic process and will actively work to ensure the people's will is carried out.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; August 29, 2003 at 13:17.
Old August 29, 2003, 13:46   #10
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:

I love how GhengisFarb pops his head up occassionally to proove how much of an idiot he can be

The DIA is the sole reason I actually won 2 of my near 50/50 elections. An organized party with a mailing list to actually get lazy half-inactives to vote can tip the scales in an otherwise even race. I had TWO of them. Others the DIA owe their offices to that as well.

As for DIA victories, Greece and England were still standing at the end of the game in large part because of my term as Foreign Minister, which I won with what? 1 or 2 votes? I know with absolute certainty that that election was won with the use of the DIA mailing list

Hell, we actually ran the whole damn country for 2 terms when the Hawks went defunct. Which happens to be why the plan to not conquer the world or go for a domination victory WORKED.

We also emancipated the slaves over the objection of the evil Hawks during my term as President.

And in the ultimate victory of the DIA Party, we won a DIPLOMATIC Victory, not Domination or Conquest as the Hawks had set out as their goal from day one. So in the only form of victory or loss that counts:

DIA 1
Hawks 0

Need I go on? There are countless other DIA victories over the worthless Hawk Party... a party so weak and ineffective in the late game that they disbanded the party leadership and basically just died out

That said, I don't plan on playing a peacenik this time around
Old August 29, 2003, 13:51   #11
Tassadar500
Emperor

Who wants to form a party with me that supports war?
Old August 29, 2003, 13:52   #12
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Just died out?

I remind you the Party leadership was the VP for the final term. The old Hawk actually RAN the second to last Turnchat.

Behind the scenes worked the Hawk party, avoiding the ostentatious presentation of the DIA who never stood for anything other than their own pride.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old August 29, 2003, 13:56   #13
Kuciwalker
Deity

Maybe we should re-form the hawks...
Old August 29, 2003, 14:06   #14
Tassadar500
Emperor

Darn those stupid Hawks. I am going to form the Golden Eagle Party. Who ever wishes to join me can. We will support war. And we have yet to decide anything else but that
Old August 29, 2003, 15:03   #15
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
The DIA ALWAYS managed to put forth many ministers and presidents. Ninot, Timeline, Thud, Arnelos, civman, Kloreep, just to name a few.
I was a Laborite, actually. Now that was a good party; we had a high percentage of active members in the game, beating Hawks and DIA both I think for at least a few terms. Of course, with the long member list the DIA had, they weren't too hard to beat at percentages.

A labor party should be formed again later in the Industrial era.

Last edited by Kloreep; August 29, 2003 at 15:08.
Old August 29, 2003, 17:15   #16
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

DIA ministers, presidents, and justices:

Nimitz (Justice, VP term 9)
Thud (Minister of Science terms 4-5, SMC term 6, President term 9)
Spiffor (Minister of Economics term 2, DM term 7)
Timeline (VP term 2)
Jonny (Minister of Imperial Expansion term 5)
panag (VP term 7)
Arnelos (President term 7, FAM term 6, VP term 5, SMC term 9)
Jdjdjd (Justice)
Ninot (President term 2)
Sn00py (FAM term 2)
Donal Graeme (Minister of Economics term 3)
joncnunn (DM term 8)
Aidun (DM terms 9 and 10)
civman2000 (Justice)

Hawk ministers, presidents, and justices:

jdd2007 (FAM term 2 replacement?)
Unorthodox (VP terms 3 and 10, Justice)
UberKruX (SMC terms 1, 2, and 3)
GoodFella (Minister of Public Works term 2)

Even if you count GhengisFarb, who was a Hawk in everything but name, they still didn't get very many people elected. A lot of Hawks ran for positions over the years, but very few attained office. Warmongers without the stain of the "Hawk" label did a great deal better.... hmm....

DIA wins again.
Old August 29, 2003, 22:01   #17
Panzer32
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC4DG VoxInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshinePtWDG2 Monty PythonPtWDG2 MonkeyPtWDG2 Latin LoversPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Glory of War
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Kloreep

I was a Laborite, actually. Now that was a good party; we had a high percentage of active members in the game, beating Hawks and DIA both I think for at least a few terms. Of course, with the long member list the DIA had, they weren't too hard to beat at percentages.

A labor party should be formed again later in the Industrial era.
ah, the labour party!

Meshelic... where are you?

man those were the days
Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
---------
May God Bless.
Old August 29, 2003, 23:12   #18
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
I love how GhengisFarb pops his head up occassionally to proove how much of an idiot he can be
Hey, whenever the game seems to be getting boring you can count on me to make a completely ludicrous statement to bring the whackos out of the woodwork!

I believe we should form an Iron & Blood party who are WarBuilders. We build infrastructure so that we can fight more wars. We fight wars so that we can build more infrastructure.......

The party symbol could be a double headed axe over an anvil.
Old August 30, 2003, 02:01   #19
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

How about the "Ugh-Ook-Ack" party devoted solely to mindless war and violence? Hey we are vikings after all.
Old August 30, 2003, 05:22   #20
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

I announce the creation of a new party: the United Citizens for Historic and Political Apathy.

The UCHPA has one main platform: it doesn't give a damn when it comes to people reminiscing about long-gone politics.
Old August 30, 2003, 07:34   #21
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
How about the "Ugh-Ook-Ack" party devoted solely to mindless war and violence? Hey we are vikings after all.
The UOA. It doens't believe in peace, and it doesn't believe in consonants.........

Vowels and Violence, the UOA's way...............
Old August 31, 2003, 00:46   #22
jdd2007
NationStates
King

Those were the days! Whatever happened to vicious debates between the noble warriors and the whining peaceniks?

Old August 31, 2003, 00:55   #23
Tassadar500
Emperor

These were the days. Argh! Who wants to set up a party? Or reform one....
Old August 31, 2003, 01:14   #24
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

...or eat one, assuming it's made of doughnuts...
Old August 31, 2003, 06:10   #25
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 09:58
hi ,

the DIA should be back in buss , .......

arnelos , what ya say

have a nice day
Old August 31, 2003, 16:20   #26
pikesfan
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Prince

Quote:

The UOA. It doens't believe in peace, and it doesn't believe in consonants.........
Call it the ÅÖÄ / ÅØÆ

Å for åghh
Ø / Ö for øøø or ööö
Ä / Æ for äck or æck

and then it can use all the Scandinavian vowel diacritics
Old September 7, 2003, 15:25   #27
Panag
Emperor

hi ,

so no-one is going to make a political party or revive one , ......

we could use some spice in our game , .......

have a nice day
Old September 7, 2003, 17:44   #28
Niessuh
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsSpanish CiversC4DG VoxCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Spamyard TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

I want to found the Silent Majority party, destined to the people who although do not participate actively in chats and the forum, want to have a significant participation
Old September 7, 2003, 17:58   #29
Tassadar500
Emperor

Niessuh is that even possible? I think that's a Oxy Moron.
Old September 7, 2003, 18:01   #30
Panag
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Niessuh
I want to found the Silent Majority party, destined to the people who although do not participate actively in chats and the forum, want to have a significant participation

hi ,

well there has never been an other then english speaking party , what about the spanish party or so , ......

have a nice day