Old August 31, 2003, 17:47   #1
Starchild
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 09:03
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Location: a raving alcoholic drama queen with a penchant for the biosciences
How Gay are You? Starchild Version
For all those questioning, wondering, and groping their sexuality, I've decided to come up with a quick and easy test that will help you determine how gay you are by comparing you to the gayest thing on Apolyton.

Me.

Since I score a fabulous 10/10 on the homo-scale, I'll state a series of things that I do. The more of those things that you do, the higher on the gay scale you are. Anyone answering half or more is gay and can call me (email photo and sexual interests first).

1) I lipsync to disco classics in front of the mirror. At least once a day.

2) I know all the words to most Little Mermaid songs and a fair proportion of other Disney classics.

3) I spend hours searching music stores for discount ABBA CD's.

4) I know what a Diva is, I use the word correctly in context, and I buy their CD's without hesitation.

5) I got my blonde highlights dyed purple and pink. And I managed to make that match with my clothing.

6) I moisturise my skin.

7) I go to Gay Pride Parades. Wearing a t-shirt that says "Slut" on it. In front of TV cameras.

8) I gesture with my hands while my conversations are full of semi-obscure pop-culture references while stressing random bits. I'm so all Sarah Michelle Gellar in the way I speak.

9) I have sex with men. In hindsight, this one should be moved higher up on the list.

10) I can be given jeans, a hawaiian shirt, and a big wooly sweater and still look fabulous.

11) I use the word fabulous.

12) Did I mention that sleeping with men thing?

13) I do brunch. I drink expensive coffees just so people can see my drink them. I read political magazines like Advocate and Gay Times mainly to look at the pictures of half naked men.

14) I have, at various times, worn lipstick, eye liner, and body glitter.

15) I use sarcasm and *****iness to hide a delicate inner soul damaged by years of isolation and anxiety.

16) Speaking of *****iness, did you see what Sarah Jessica Parker wore the last time she was in public? Her clothing advisor so deserves an...um....argh *reaches for culture reference*

17) Speaking of hiding things, a developing drugs and alcohol problem is so easily solved by another martini.

18) The Conservative Party hates me. Says so in their Manifesto, right next to the bit where they promise to assault old ladies and drink the blood of newborns on moonlit eves.

19) I'm out of ideas but if you agree with the one below, you must be gay.

20) Are you sure I didn't mention I **** men?
Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
-Richard Dawkins
Old August 31, 2003, 17:49   #2
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 02:03
You're oozing with mantrons. I can't risk staying around this thread any longer before they start to get on to me.
Old August 31, 2003, 17:53   #3
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 02:03
Re: How Gay are You? Starchild Version
Quote:
Originally posted by Starchild
No.

Quote:
2) I know all the words to most Little Mermaid songs and a fair proportion of other Disney classics.
No.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
4) I know what a Diva is, I use the word correctly in context, and I buy their CD's without hesitation.
No.

Quote:
5) I got my blonde highlights dyed purple and pink. And I managed to make that match with my clothing.
No.

Quote:
6) I moisturise my skin.
Yes. But that's just good practice.

Quote:
7) I go to Gay Pride Parades. Wearing a t-shirt that says "Slut" on it. In front of TV cameras.
No.

Quote:
8) I gesture with my hands while my conversations are full of semi-obscure pop-culture references while stressing random bits. I'm so all Sarah Michelle Gellar in the way I speak.
No.

Quote:
9) I have sex with men. In hindsight, this one should be moved higher up on the list.
Yes.

Quote:
10) I can be given jeans, a hawaiian shirt, and a big wooly sweater and still look fabulous.
Yes.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
13) I do brunch. I drink expensive coffees just so people can see my drink them. I read political magazines like Advocate and Gay Times mainly to look at the pictures of half naked men.
No.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
15) I use sarcasm and *****iness to hide a delicate inner soul damaged by years of isolation and anxiety.
Yes.

Quote:
16) Speaking of *****iness, did you see what Sarah Jessica Parker wore the last time she was in public? Her clothing advisor so deserves an...um....argh *reaches for culture reference*
No.

Quote:
17) Speaking of hiding things, a developing drugs and alcohol problem is so easily solved by another martini.
No.

Quote:
18) The Conservative Party hates me. Says so in their Manifesto, right next to the bit where they promise to assault old ladies and drink the blood of newborns on moonlit eves.
The conservative party here is backed by most gay leaders, so no.

Quote:
Yes.

Quote:
Yes.
Old August 31, 2003, 17:53   #4
Makeo
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGames
King

Local Time: 01:03
hmm i scored a massive 0/20.
Old August 31, 2003, 17:55   #5
The Emperor Fabulous
Civ4 SP Democracy Game
King

Quote:

Since I score a fabulous 10/10 on the homo-scale, I'll state a series of things that I do.
Is that a shot at me?
Old August 31, 2003, 18:01   #6
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 03:03
Quote:
I'm pretty sure you failed to mention that.
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old August 31, 2003, 18:06   #7
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Re: Re: How Gay are You? Starchild Version
Quote:
Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous

Is that a shot at me?
Probably not, but I'm fairly sure that 11) is.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old August 31, 2003, 18:12   #8
Shi Huangdi
Emperor

Somehow I think from this, Starchild is the only gay person.

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand
Old August 31, 2003, 18:43   #9
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 10:03
I can't believe you left out the fact that your username is "Starchild". That alone should close any discussion
Old August 31, 2003, 18:49   #10
st_swithin
CTP1/2 GODDESS

Local Time: 08:03
1Vl I AM NOT A LESBIAN!!!! lV1

Oh wait, that's not what this is about, is it?
Old August 31, 2003, 18:55   #11
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Quote:
No.

Quote:
No

Quote:
Who? No.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
I Moisturise my skin.
This is unfair as I have eczema.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
Who? No.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
No.

[QUOTE[ 11) I use the word fabulous. [/QUOTE]

No.

Quote:
Trying to trick me into saying yes?!

Quote:
No.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
5) I use sarcasm and *****iness to hide a delicate inner soul damaged by years of isolation and anxiety.
No.

Quote:
Who? No.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
I'm a communist.

Quote:
Unable to respond.

Quote:
AAARRRGGGHHH ANOTHER TRICK QUESTION
Old August 31, 2003, 18:59   #12
Oerdin
Deity

Just out of curiosity... Doesn't it hurt to get ****ed in the ass? My ex-girlfriend said so and asked me not to do it again after our first time.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old August 31, 2003, 19:02   #13
st_swithin
CTP1/2 GODDESS

quote:

Nay.

quote:

Nay.

quote:

Nay.

quote:

Nay.

quote:

Nay.

quote:
6) I moisturise my skin.

Some of it - aye.

quote:

Nay. Mine says "Pvssy"

quote:

Nay.

quote:

aye.

quote:

Aye.

quote:

Nay.

quote:

Aye, two at a time, sometimes 3.

quote:

NAY. I've already seen Fight Club.

quote:

aye, but it's usually on accident.

quote:

AYE.

quote:

Aye, and aye. She needs a new stylist in a BAD way. So do Britney Speers and Christina Gaguilera.

quote:

NAY.

quote:

Aye.

quote:

Aye.

quote:

Nay.
Old August 31, 2003, 19:10   #14
Paul Hanson
King

Local Time: 09:03
1) No

2) I know the words to some of the Mulan and Lion King soundtracks, but that's it

3) No, but then again I'm not my mother

4) Not on your life

5) I like having brown hair, but tend to shy away from brown clothes

6) My skin gets wet in the shower every morning, but I suspect that you're refering to something else

7) I'm not photogenic enough to appear on TV

8) I use hand gestures a lot, but I think that's the continental blood in me rather than anything else

9) No. I don't have sex with women either, but this is hardly a lifestyle choice, whereas the man thing is

10) I look crap in pretty much anything other than a suit. Which is worrying.

11) No.

12) Maybe you did. I don't remember.

13) I drink Belgian beer because I happen to like the taste.

14) I have, but not not willingly.

15) I use sarcasm, but the comparison ends there.

16) I try not to look at Sarah Jessica Parker if I can avoid it.

17) Quite true.

18) They hate me too, but only because I won't vote fro them.

19) We shall see.

20) Come to think of it, you did mention it in passing.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.
Old August 31, 2003, 19:49   #15
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 19:03
I got two - the moisturiser and the makeup one.
For the makeup, it was part of being goth.
Old August 31, 2003, 19:51   #16
red_jon
NationStates
King

Shorter than going over the whole bloody list.

I moisturise, sleep with men, drink too much, take drugs and Conservatives keep following me round waving a little noose.

But I only read Gay Times for the articles.
Old August 31, 2003, 20:06   #17
st_swithin
CTP1/2 GODDESS

There's always time for lube. If you forget that, it always hurts.

We're talking about sailboats, que no?
Old August 31, 2003, 20:09   #18
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:03
Quote:
Right from the moment when I met her, saw her.
I said "she's gorgeous" and I fell...
Here in town there's only she,
Who's as beautiful as me.
So I'm making plans to woo and marry Belle...

But I can't be gay! I have a child!

Old August 31, 2003, 20:13   #19
st_swithin
CTP1/2 GODDESS

Right, and the Pope doesn't poop in the woods, and Bears are never Catholic.
Old August 31, 2003, 20:27   #20
MOBIUS
Emperor

Local Time: 18:03
2/20 and neither of those involved having sex with men...
Old August 31, 2003, 20:33   #21
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

2/20
Old August 31, 2003, 20:34   #22
Jon Shafer
PtWDG RoleplayPtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG Neu DemogypticaInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG LegolandPtWDG Vox ControliPtWDG Glory of WarPtWDG2 SunshineApolyton UniversityC3CDG Desolation RowApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG SarantiumApolyCon 06 ParticipantsPtWDG Lux Invicta
Firaxis Games Programmer/Designer

Local Time: 04:03
No.
Old August 31, 2003, 20:35   #23
red_jon
NationStates
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
No.
Yes.
Old August 31, 2003, 20:38   #24
Sikander
King

0 out of 20, though I used to moisturize before my girlfriend moved in and disrupted decades of behavioral inertia. Now I still try to moisturize, but I can never find the lotion when I need it. (It's always on her dressing table, even the extra I bought so it would be in the bathroom where I need it.)

Amusingly, I do have some "feminine" qualities, mostly people skill stuff and good taste in art and design. But none of these things tend to apply to me physically, where I'm as hetero and butch as anyone is likely to want to be.
Old August 31, 2003, 20:42   #25
st_swithin
CTP1/2 GODDESS

My dad always looked like crap in everything but a suit as well, although I often wonder if that was a state of mind rather than a state of being.

You know, if you wear a monkey suit, you feel like a monkey. Wear your birthday suit and you feel like it's your birthday.

Depends on the uniform you choose.

Check, please.
Old August 31, 2003, 20:45   #26
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Burn this shiyaya to the effing ground and come hang out in an intelligent, cool thread!
Old August 31, 2003, 20:45   #27
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 19:03
If I am wearing my birthday suit, I expect a "present".
Old August 31, 2003, 20:48   #28
st_swithin
CTP1/2 GODDESS

You gotta go outside like that to get anything, and it might not 'quite' be what you were expecting.
Old August 31, 2003, 20:49   #29
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Trip
No.
Explain this, then.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version