Old September 1, 2003, 17:01   #1
Tsynder
Settler

Local Time: 08:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Icbm And Tactical Nuke Improvements
I aint too shore how many gamers find it fun using nukes, but i think its absolutely fantastic to flatten opponents cities. I feel however a mod could be made to better suite the nuclear capabilities of the game.

I wander if ICBM'S could be created into multiple warhead missiles, whilst tactical nukes remain singular concentrated strength missiles. Does anyone else support this idea??? Also I feel ICBM's should be able to be mobilised from the cities where they are produced, so in the event of an attack on the homeland they'd still serve as a means of retaliation! Last but not least I want someone to create a research of somewhat that allows us the gamer to raise and lower the yield of destruction for nukes, so that they become more attractive to trigger arms races. I posted another forum with lots more of my ideas in the Civ 3 Creation Forum(Its called Civ 3 Innovation!) and I welcome all to criticize and add to what I've already shared. Does anyone have direct links with FIRAXIS DEVELOPERS?? If so i'd appreciate someone linking me up.
Old September 1, 2003, 17:28   #2
GePap
Emperor

Local Time: 02:06
Local Date: November 2, 2010
ICMB's are never destroyed in a nuclear attack, and since it is essentially impossible to destroy a city with nukes, the issue of a retaliatory force is already covered.

As for MIRV's, might be an interesting tech development, but overall, it might be more toruble to implement than it is worth, given that a MIRV ICMB would have to cost more shields. As for variable yields, that would be nice but it wopuld require reworking how nukes work.
"Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw