Old March 13, 2000, 17:54   #1
PolarisGL
King

Local Time: 05:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Latest Website & the Art of War
Well, looks like I got my forum account to work, eh?

Hello all. I am not really new here, I look at these forums daily to see what Captain Nemo, Alex, John Petroski, and the rest are up to scenario-wise. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is George Lyles, and I am currently 23 years of age. I prefer to be called Polaris, if you all don't mind. My occupation is kind of strange. Kind of work with astronomy, but kind of not. Hard to explain, anyways, so I don't get my occupation involved in my Civ2 work.

I am currently working on a scenario, that is sci-fi. It is called the War of Armorac. It is not one of those blow-off sci-fi scenarios, with no events, and no plot. My scenario is a large "archive" if you will of events, which will unravel a story line in front of you that you won't believe. More details may be found at the link to "Civilization Galactica" below.

Well, my other interests are war forums, both modern and sci-fi. I had my good friend Mao introduce to you the Art of War, which is where you should submit some great Civ2 tips on both the game and the scenario. If I get enough tips, and if the site gets popular, it will be hosted off Apolyton, maybe, I am hoping it will. When this happens, the forum that will be on Apolyton will indeed be a war forum hosted/moderated by, yes you guessed it, me. I will also participate in it, of course.

Anyways, I am looking to do a historical scenario once the War of Armorac is complete. Armorac is going at a great speed, and already Mao is one of my playtesters (I need more, by the way). Anyways, I need ideas on this. I was thinking of this:

A Napoleonic Wars scenario, but taking place in the invasion of Russia. You are to play as the Russians and defend Moscow and the rest of Russia. Like Red Front, but not in WW2.

A Napoleonic Wars historical fiction scenario of the French, with taking all of Europe except for Britain (another fictional part), have decided to conquer land in the Americas. (Napoleon DID think of this, might I add.) This one doesn't sound as great of an idea to me though.

Or, just a Napoleonic scenario, but I am afraid I will be conquered in quatity by the new Scenario Creation Team, for I believe they are making one.

A scenario about the colonization of the "New World."

An American Revolution scenario. The idea was given to me by Field Marshal Klesh, but I am not sure if I want to do it or not.

I need some more ideas, and I'd love to hear some.

Also, I have not yet tested my skills at art in Civilization II units, cities, etc. In the War of Armorac, I am taking things from various pictures I have seen from places and formatting them into Civ2 units. I am thinking I will be good at Civ2 art, seeing I am a pretty good artist with pencil and paper. We will see, though.

Nice to be here, and please submit some tactics in the Art of War! (E-Mail change, by the way.)

polaris@optonline.net

Another thing: I enjoy the Civilization II Scenario League very much! Keep up the great work, Blackclove, and the rest of the team!

------------------
George "Polaris" Lyles
The Art of War
http://members.xoom.com/civpolaris/index.html
Civilization Galactica
http://members.xoom.com/civpolaris/civ.html
[This message has been edited by PolarisGL (edited March 13, 2000).]
Old March 14, 2000, 00:04   #2
blackclove

Welcome, Polaris! Hope to see more of you here in the near future.

I like the idea of a good Revolutionary War scenario. You should probably visit csc.apolyton.net in the meantime, as there are several Napoleonic Wars scenarios - most of them are pretty old, and no one has yet done the invasion of Russia.

I'd love to see a scenario covering some of the more interesting periods of ancient China or India. Few people have taken those topics on.

Old March 14, 2000, 23:32   #3
PolarisGL
King

Local Time: 05:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
All:

Very important announcement. I am dropping War of Armorac. I have been reading a large book on the Napoleonic Wars, and I would like to focus my time into a scenario involving it.

I will most-likely do the invasion of Russia, playable by either Russia or France, I need some ideas on which one would be better.

I am also going to do a surprise scenario no one knows about. It will be a very small scenario, and similar to St. Leo's Roman Riots.

Also, the Art of War will be getting a new layout this weekend, most-likely, plus MANY new features.

Wish me luck, and I thank Cam Hills for submitting our latest tactic!

------------------
George "Polaris" Lyles
The Art of War
http://members.xoom.com/civpolaris/index.html
Civilization Galactica
http://members.xoom.com/civpolaris/civ.html