View Poll Results: Please read the question below.
Scout explores, rover stays at home. 3 60.00%
Both units explore. 1 20.00%
Rover explores, scout returns home. 1 20.00%
Neither unit explores. 0 0%
Write-in 0 0%
0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 4, 2003, 07:14   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Eastern exploration
Judging from the explorations in the east of last year, where the coasts are diverging from each other again, I think it is save to assume that the land in the east will turn out to be a large track of land, and not some small peninsula attached to the main continent. Therefore I was wondering of we should review some unit orders.

A while back Chaunk Omicron-7 made the suggestion of using the unity rover to hunt for mind worms in the crater fungus. But with this new data, I was pondering the possibility if we shouldn't send the unity rover to the east, and pull the scout patrol, which only moves half as fast as the rover, back to home soil. There the scout could hunt for mind worms, or garrison new bases.

The choice is of course to the Collective to make. Therefore I made a little poll, with the following five choices:

1) Keep the current situation: scout patrol explores, unity rover messes around in the fungus.
2) Use both units for exploration.
3) Unity rover is sent to explore. Scout patrol is pulled back.
4) Neither unit explores.
5) Write-in

I put the vote limit on three days. A picture to make things clear. There's a white square around the units I'm talking about.

Old September 4, 2003, 10:56   #2
Chaunk
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 08:13
Voted for scout explores rover stays at home. It'll take 4 turns for the rover just to reach where the scout is now, and we could do with some mind worms...

Looking at the ocean arround the unexplored area though, it looks like it might curve round on the eastern section of the unexplored section (if you see what I mean, but obtuse that sorry.) so perhaps a second unit might be nice.

I stand by the need for mindworms though

C
Old September 4, 2003, 11:58   #3
Phenix
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Morgan
Warlord

Local Time: 09:13
I agree with Chauk:
let's first explore a few turns with just the scout. The rover can make some safari trips in the fungus.

When the eastern chunk of land appears to be really big, we can still move in the rover for extra support (so don't go to far to the western side of the crater...)
Old September 4, 2003, 16:13   #4
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Both unit explore IMHO. The rover is far quicker, and it looks like a lot of land. I think we need both to explore to cover it quicker.. there may be something worth putting a CP over there for (monsoon valley? )

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old September 4, 2003, 22:29   #5
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 03:13
Scout explores, rover stays at home, but, in accordance with Phenix' suggestion, have the rover ready to join if needed.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old September 4, 2003, 23:27   #6
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

I think the rover should go one space to the east.
Old September 7, 2003, 13:14   #7
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Has been fulfilled as per poll. Rover exploring the fungus on the river and scout exploring northwards.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old September 14, 2003, 16:48   #8
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

In this poll four people voted to let the scout explore, and one person ( me ) wanted to send it back to home territory. For the rover it was 2 for exploration, 3 for worm hunting. However there were some people who said they might change opinion when some more territory was explored. So I'm wondering now we have explored a bit more, should the rover join the scout in exploration, or should its old orders stay in effect?
Old September 16, 2003, 06:56   #9
Maniac

May I see the silence as a vote to let me do whatever I want?