Old September 25, 2003, 22:59   #31
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 08:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
One way of doing this is to have multiple offices and letting each player fill no more than one office at a time. I don't know if the effect of the offices should be a mere bonus or if it should also affect the player's options. Probably both
Hmm... How about it could work like the Merchant Prince series (Machiavelli the Prince)

did you ever play the game?
You could gain influence by electing Cardinals to the College of Cardinals (who might eventually elect you pope) in Rome or gain incluence by being elected doge (ruler) of venice.

The political system worked quite well, and might be adapted to a MMORPG...
Old September 29, 2003, 06:30   #32
Sore Loser
Warlord

Local Time: 09:18
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I haven't played Merchant Prince all that much, and I never got around to understanding the government structure. Please elaborate, and explain how this could work when all participants are players. I don't like the idea of AI thingies deciding anything.

I'd like to ask a favour of both of you. Please list all ideas so far as briefly and coherently as possible, so I can see what I have left or explained improperly. This thread has become way too long for me to make sense of it
Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote