Old September 6, 2003, 23:06   #31
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 17:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
If Bush loses it's going to be an eternal lefty gloatfest here on Apolyton.

I Imagine it'll be even better if it's Dean who beats him!!!
Old September 6, 2003, 23:09   #32
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 01:20
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris 62
You believe his points dropped 14 percentage points in 10 days?
I didn't say that...but wait and see for the next Gallup poll. It has dropped 7 points in Zogby, so we'll see if a similar trend is in Gallup. No matter what, however, it's obvious his numbers are going in a downward fashion.

Quote:
You know that isn't the case, the same as I do Boris, and you trust Zogby polls more than Gallup?
Zogby has been more right more often than any other polling outfit when it comes to election results. By that I tend to judge them as having the most accurate methods. However, I don't think they're the be-all and end-all, and like to take all the polls and see what the trends are. You'll note the CBS poll above also shows some lesser numbers for Bush, especially in terms of re-election expectations. So there's at least two major national polls showing the popular sentiment for him isn't so rosy.

The question is why you believe Gallup over Zogby? You seem to imply because that's what you want to believe...in which case, you're not being any different from the ones you're accusing of intellectual dishonesty, whatever that was supposed to mean.
Old September 6, 2003, 23:11   #33
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon
If Bush loses it's going to be an eternal lefty gloatfest here on Apolyton.

I Imagine it'll be even better if it's Dean who beats him!!!
Dean had better start turning in better debate performances, however. He was rather lackluster Thursday night, IMO. Kerry won the charm award (amazingly enough), and Gephardt of all people had the fire in his belly! Wha?!
Old September 6, 2003, 23:16   #34
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Dean had better start turning in better debate performances, however. He was rather lackluster Thursday night, IMO. Kerry won the charm award (amazingly enough), and Gephardt of all people had the fire in his belly! Wha?!
I didn't see it. But then again neither did most people.
Old September 6, 2003, 23:26   #35
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon
I didn't see it. But then again neither did most people.
I don't even remember what channel it was on. My summary is thus:

Dean: While reasonably articulate and poised, was dull and seemed ill-prepared. He kept glancing at his notes while speaking, which is a big debate no-no.

Edwards: Why do people say he's so good-looking? He isn't. And he's not a great speaker, either. He just didn't come across as having any weight.

Gephardt: Over the top aggressive. He seemed like he was trying to do a Clinton imitations with his hand gestures. He used every question as an opportunity to go onto a long-winded, fiery tirade. Seemed rather staged.

Graham: My god, the most annoying speaker of the group. He spoke in a halting manner reminiscent of William Shatner, sans panache.

Kerrey: Strongest performance, IMO. Was poised, witty and very articulate. He always sounded like he knew exactly what he was talking about, even when his words showed he was doing some fast-footed dodging.

Kucinich: Was disappointed he didn't come across as the lunatic he sounds like in things I've read. He actually was pretty articulate and intelligent, but it's obvious he's waaaay out in left field and isn't going to go very far. Looks like a gnome.

Lieberman: Not only unexciting, but seemed mean-spirited when he tried to bait Dean. His jowls are really distracting, and his monotone voice unbearable. Kudos for not shying away from his pro-war stance in the face of it being unpopular, although I disagree with him.

Mosley-Braun: She's such a lightweight, and it shows. Her answers were full of catchy colloquialisms and devoid of any meat.

Sharpton: Mercifully absent, although he doubtless would have added some excitement...

Man, am I bored...
Old September 6, 2003, 23:34   #36
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Apparently Dean was expecting an all out attack on him which never materialised.

If Iraq continues to be a problem Dean is a shoo in. None of the other genuine candidates has any credibility on the issue.
Old September 6, 2003, 23:44   #37
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Graham would, as he voted against the resolution and has been consistent in his opposition to the war. I was surprised that his campaign hadn't gotten more traction, since he's not only a former governor, but the former governor of Florida, a state that we know is rather vital in the Presidential race. But it seems it's because he's an uncharismatic flop.