Old September 7, 2003, 09:31   #1
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 03:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Problems with opening the turns
Ever since I transferred onto my new laptop, I've been unable to open any of the turns General Tacitus has been posting. The file downloads fine, but when I open the zip file there is nothing inside. This applies to all turns he has sent (well, at least the two or so others I have tried from a few months back). I also cannot open the Hive's turns, but I can open Drogue's and the Pirates' turns. Does anybody know what's going on?
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old September 7, 2003, 10:25   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:21
Different winzip version?

Edit: Yes, that might be a very likely possibility. I now seem to remember I had problems as well opening GT's turns while he was Commissioner in the previous ACDG. I then downloaded the latest winzip and it all worked fine again.

Edit2: If the problem would be you having an old winzip version, and GT a new, that doesn't explain why (so I presume) you were able to open my zipped turns, which were zipped using the latest version...

Last edited by Maniac; September 7, 2003 at 10:37.
Old September 7, 2003, 11:21   #3
Corellion
Prince

I'm using the built-in winzip extractor in Win XP Professional (haven't had a chance to upgrade yet). Would this be the problem?
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
Old September 7, 2003, 12:10   #4
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:21
Hmm. That's odd. If I recall correctly at least, I had problems opening GT's winzip file using the winzip of my Windows ME partition, but didn't have any problems with the standard Windows XP winzip. So if Winzip isn't the problem, I really don't know what could be.

Btw, does the file below work? I unzipped and rezipped the turn using Windows XP winzip.

http://apolyton.net/upload/files/Man...-CyCon2134.zip
Old September 7, 2003, 23:19   #5
Corellion
Prince

No, that doesn't work either.
Old September 13, 2003, 10:36   #6
Corellion
Prince

Alright... I've finally got around to dowloading WinRAR, and can open the turns now. Expect orders soon.