Old September 29, 2003, 18:21   #271
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Yes, you ALL know human flesh is best marinated with a light red wine. Sheesh...
Old September 29, 2003, 18:24   #272
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 08:24
It was DEFINITLEY a Chianti. A nice Chianti too. And a nice Chianti is NOT a light red wine, as Drogue will tell you.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old September 30, 2003, 13:46   #273
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Jamski is very correct. The Chianti was with liver though. I was wondering if I am mistaken and in a different Hannibal film/book I hadn't seen, he ate a vegetarian with a Chablis, to make the point about vegetables

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old October 1, 2003, 03:22   #274
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Chianti! The favorite drink of cannibals! The favorite drink of the Mafia! The favorite drink of Mussolini!

You can't go wrong, drinking in this company

-Jam
Old October 3, 2003, 11:37   #275
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:24
Happy birthday Makahlua!
Old October 3, 2003, 11:42   #276
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 03:24
Indeed. A most happy birthday to you.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old October 3, 2003, 12:02   #277
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

A fellow Libran

Old October 3, 2003, 13:15   #278
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Heee.

Yes yet another who can't make up their mind to save their life

Thanks guys
Old October 5, 2003, 18:47   #279
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

AdamTG, your PM box seems full. In response to your last PM, I had one minor suggestion which I will PM again later, but for now: Go ahead by all means!
Old October 5, 2003, 19:09   #280
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Is your refrigerator running?
Old October 7, 2003, 21:42   #281
Drogue
staff

/me wanders in, noticing that the Rec Commons seems surprisingly empty. He quickly staples an FNP poster to the wall, before sauntering over to the bar, an unusual spring in his step.

I'll have a long, cool beer please. I don't mean any of this Xenobrew stuff, I mean a good, real, Old Earthian beer. I know you have some of it lying around for a special occasion.

/me leans back in his chair, anticipating his first taste of real beer for many years.

Old October 7, 2003, 22:16   #282
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 18:24
Now I see this post. Oh well, the more the merrier.
Old October 8, 2003, 03:06   #283
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

You know after this game is over, it would be great if all the private forums were made public. Or perhaps even whenever a team gets knocked out. Then you could see the strategies people were using and get a hint on diplomancy etc. Also for the roleplay factions you can see their histories etc.
Old October 8, 2003, 04:23   #284
Jamski
Deity

If anyones interested, its actually warmer in my refrigorater than in the house.

brrrrr

-Jam
Old October 8, 2003, 09:46   #285
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

All the politicians do is polluting our precious environment and consuming non renewable resources.

Grapefruit Garden
Old October 8, 2003, 09:56   #286
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

mmm... nonrenewable resources... mmmm....

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old October 8, 2003, 18:07   #287
Maniac

/me gives Drogue a Leffe Blond, the best beer in existence, and then starts singing:

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Drogue and Octavian X!!!! Happy....

(There's quite a surge of birthdays recently. )
Old October 8, 2003, 18:43   #288
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Must have been due to pop booming.
Old October 8, 2003, 19:42   #289
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Indeed. Celebrations for all who emerged from the womb x years ago, where x is an integer.

For all you you unfortunate sods who's x is NOT an integer, tough luck.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old October 9, 2003, 08:45   #290
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
* Maniac gives Drogue a Leffe Blond, the best beer in existence
With that you are correct I also happen to have a Leffe glass at home due to stealing borrowing it from work

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
(There's quite a surge of birthdays recently. )
It's 9 months from Christman/New Year holidays

Old October 9, 2003, 18:21   #291
Drogue
staff

/me sits back in his chair, swigging his beer liberally, reminising about the days when he was but a nipper of 18

Old October 9, 2003, 22:36   #292
Atlantian
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Warlord

Happy Birthday to all who have recently had them pass. (*doesn't know the word for wishing this late. Something like belated*)

*Hides his recipy for an old earth bear brew, as well as other ricipies of varying things and brews. His white trench coat's pocket protrudes out in a cube like shape.*
*looks as innocent as possible as he tries to slink out*

*Can't remember if his birthday was cilibrated here a couple of months ago.*
"War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
-Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"
Old October 10, 2003, 16:46   #293
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:24
Belated happy birthdays to Drogue and Octavian X.

Best beers. hmmmm. Ok ales. Old Speckled Hen, Theakstons. Anything 90 shillings.

Lagers:Tsingdao (Chinese ain't bad)

Tell you what, I never fail to enjoy Newcastle Brown.
Old October 10, 2003, 17:16   #294
Jamski
Deity

Old Speckled Hen Worth visting my dad for

-Jam
Old October 10, 2003, 18:02   #295
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:24
It would seem the world is reluctantly changing. So yes
Old October 10, 2003, 18:14   #296
Drogue
staff

Old Speckled Hen is good, indeed, I have abottle downstairs, but I have to admit I prefer the better euro lagers/beers. Leffe, Hoegaarden, Erdiger Weiss, etc. are all better than any Brit beers I've tried (quite a few) and that's with patriotism included

Old October 10, 2003, 18:17   #297
Jamski
Deity

Erdinger Weissbier was the reason to move to Germany Did I mention Oktoberfest too?

-Jam
Old October 10, 2003, 18:53   #298
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Did I mention Oktoberfest too?
People that lucky remind me of a quote from the Q music awards:

"Justin Timberlake started off the year grabbing Kylie's bum, and ended it with Cameron Diaz, hence his new nickname... git."

Oktoberfest is 2 weeks long right? Or is it the whole month?

Old October 13, 2003, 13:44   #299
Atlantian
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Warlord

*Busts out one of his own personal brews for all the partying going on.*

Who wants some!
"War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
-Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"
Old October 13, 2003, 14:43   #300
Drogue
staff

Me! Me! Me!

/me expects