Old November 13, 2003, 23:54   #421
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 02:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
Octavian X, is that Reki from Haibane Renmei in your avatar?
Nope.

First person to guess correctly gets, well, hell, nothing.
Old November 14, 2003, 00:08   #422
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

miho

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 14, 2003, 06:08   #423
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 11:24
Blast, I could've sworn. Oh well. She certainly doesn't ring any other bells.
Old November 14, 2003, 06:18   #424
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 08:24
Kassi, I thought you were an Anime GOD!

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old November 15, 2003, 01:50   #425
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

nope. Her name is Motoko Aoyama, if anyone cares...
Old November 15, 2003, 02:44   #426
Atlantian
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Warlord

If I remember right, she is from an anime named Love Hina...
"War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
-Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"
Old November 15, 2003, 10:59   #427
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Ah, Love Hina. I'll get around to watching it... sometime next year maybe. It's not in a genre I've been interested in (romance, comedy). One guy being chased by a hoard of girls isn't too fascinating. Haven't watched any Ranma either. :P It's very ubiquitous (sic?) though, so I'll watch it sooner or later. General knowledge.

Quote:
Kassi, I thought you were an Anime GOD!
If you've watched Princess Mononoke, you know that "god" does not guarantee omniscience and all that stuff. In fact, your head can be blown off by a rudimentary gun... not what it's hyped up to be, divinity.
Old November 15, 2003, 17:14   #428
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Its still a step up from boring humanity.

-Jam
Old November 16, 2003, 01:36   #429
Octavian X
King

And yes, Love Hina is the anime/manga.

(Personally, I prefer the latter...)
Old November 16, 2003, 05:49   #430
Atlantian
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Warlord

Haven't seen the Manga.
My brother uses my computer to hide his Live Hina anime, though...
"War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
-Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"
Old November 16, 2003, 16:09   #431
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Hide? If it was Attack of the Tentacle Beasts vol 2 I'd understand hiding, but as far anime as goes Love Hina is pretty innocent...

Quote:
(Personally, I prefer the latter...)
Hmm, I could try to get my hands on that, haven't read that much manga lately.
Old November 16, 2003, 19:43   #432
Octavian X
King

I've always used Amazon, myself...
Old November 17, 2003, 10:48   #433
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

The night was dark. So dark. HongHu couldn't see even a star. It was so quiet. HongHu wondered if everything around her was dead and just she didn't know. She stumbbled forward, avoiding the fear in her heart.

Where is home? ...

Then she heard this music. So soft, so beutiful. The tear that was shedding inside her flew out of her eyes. She recognized that it was Jamski's melody for fallen comrade. She followed the music. And she saw ...

Home.

Thanks God Tass, for leading me back home.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 17, 2003, 11:22   #434
Jamski
Deity

/me buys HongHu a drink, and offers her a hug *

-Jam
Old November 17, 2003, 11:24   #435
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:24
/me notices that it has been no less than 34 posts ago he last visited the Rec Commons, and decides to drop by once.
Old November 17, 2003, 11:26   #436
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
* Maniac notices that it has been no less than 34 posts ago he last visited the Rec Commons, and decides to drop by once.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 17, 2003, 11:31   #437
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:24
To continue the discussion in the Turn Tracking Thread. It appears that Voltaire is inactive and that Ming has to authorize new members. This leads me to the question: isn't it possible to change private forum authorizers?
Old November 17, 2003, 11:33   #438
Snowflake
Princess

Thanks Jamski. It feels so nice to be at home after the long lonely walk.

/me looks around trying to see if there are any other Hivers whom she could celebrate the reunion with.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 17, 2003, 11:35   #439
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
To continue the discussion in the Turn Tracking Thread. It appears that Voltaire is inactive and that Ming has to authorize new members. This leads me to the question: isn't it possible to change private forum authorizers?
I would think so.

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old November 17, 2003, 11:36   #440
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
This leads me to the question: isn't it possible to change private forum authorizers?
I assume so, but I'm also kinda hoping Voltaire will return to us pretty soon, when he sees what's happening :eeek!:

-Jam
Old November 17, 2003, 11:37   #441
Snowflake
Princess

Problem is not Voltaire is inactive if I understood correctly. For I've talked to Voltaire last night and he seems to be still active in the team game. He was waiting for Marshal to play the turn since this was previously decided and he didn't want to mess Marshal's plan if unessessary. But he indicated that he or Jamski would play the turn if Marshal still couldn't recover from his sickness.

The problem that he can't authorize people is another issue. We thought it was fixed earlier but appearantly it was not.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 17, 2003, 11:40   #442
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski

I assume so, but I'm also kinda hoping Voltaire will return to us pretty soon, when he sees what's happening :eeek!:

-Jam
Oh yea he already saw what's happening. That is that the team game at the risk of death and Hive risked googlie's "end turn". What he must not have seen though, was that he had become an Ex.

/me looking at Jamski with mixed expression in her eyes.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 17, 2003, 11:47   #443
Jamski
Deity

Well, the chairman has responsiblities. He was prepared to allow Googlie to press "end-turn" before acting himself. As deputy chairman I had to act for the good of the Hive.

-Jam
Old November 17, 2003, 11:51   #444
Snowflake
Princess

You are right dear deputy chairman. You have done the absolute right thing. In fact I think it should be done sooner.

What I was saying though was that I believe Voltaire would have done the same thing today if you hadn't done the turn. At least according to the discussion between him and me last night.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 17, 2003, 11:58   #445
Jamski
Deity

Yes.

But he didn't.

Even Kody was coming out of retirement before he did anything.

-Jam
Old November 17, 2003, 12:04   #446
Snowflake
Princess

Do you have to be this harsh dear deputy? You know somebody as intelligent as Kody could get an early retirement whenever he wants.

Voltaire didn't need to do it because you've done it? Remember it was daytime for you and Kody and night time for me and Voltaire (when we done talking it was about 2am). And I know he has class this morning too.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 17, 2003, 12:08   #447
Jamski
Deity

Well, yes, I do have to be harsh.

We held the turn for FIVE DAYS !

I mean thats a looooong while.

-Jam
Old November 17, 2003, 12:14   #448
Snowflake
Princess

Ok let's play harsh. What have you been doing in that five days dear deputy Chairman? Why would it take me, an outsider then, to notice that googlie was gonna press end turn for us and talked to the Chairman, and kody, and marshal. And Kody talk to you. And THEN you'd suddenly remembered to do it? Huh? Do you know what your teamates been doing? Do you know who has exams and when are they ending? Do you know who was sick and how serious it was? Do you even know that Comrade HongHu had not been a Hiver for sometime?

How's that for being harsh?

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 17, 2003, 12:26   #449
Snowflake
Princess

Are you running away now dear deputy chairman?

/me drags half a dozen nerve staplers into the room.

Grapefruit Garden
Old November 17, 2003, 12:49   #450
Jamski
Deity

Nope, just answering a few other threads.

As I posted in the Hive forum....

But you didn't and couldn't read that...

Everything is explained.

(i.e. I spent days saying "Hello! why doesn't someone play the turn?" with no response)

-Jam