Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 18:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Bloody weekends
Old September 13, 2003, 07:20   #152
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 03:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Method
I'm not "just any old method". How dare you speak that way of the Emperor Prime Function?
I didn't say you were just any old method. I said you couldn't be. Touchy touchy. Everybody be careful with the sensitive prime function.
Old September 13, 2003, 09:05   #153
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:24
Yep we've psi Nuke parrots, the Borg have gorillas. Wonder what the others have.

The PUT probably have lambs that go BA BA BA. But there are long spells of silence.
That the Hive and the Drones have killer bees go without saying. Actually maybe they are honey bees, wasps or hornets.
I think the Hive also have/had mutant bunnies. By now they all may be eaten or slaughtered.
And the Drones we know less about except that they have at least one Mongoose.
Old September 13, 2003, 10:00   #154
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

You all can assemble your manageries out of mere animals if you like. Our Drone Zoo will contain caged faction leaders.
Old September 13, 2003, 10:00   #155
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 09:24
Don´t forget the crocodiles...
Old September 13, 2003, 12:22   #156
jtsisyoda
King

Actually I like the parrots and bunnies and gorillas. The gorilla is funniest to me. Maybe because I picture him on a tiny unicycle, but with a big club.

There have been reports in Drone territory of floppy-eared puppies who pant soporific gas. One minute, the puppy plays fetch with you and licks you and pants in your face, and the next minute, as soon as you start to relax and enjoy yourself, the puppy sprouts vampire fangs and starts to feast on your throat. It's become a serious problem in our outer bases. We hope to domesticate them soon, so we can send them into enemy territory as our secret weapon.
Old September 13, 2003, 12:32   #157
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 02:24
sounds like a breed of pit bull...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old September 13, 2003, 21:23   #158
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 19:24
Yuo seriously don't want to know what we've been breeding in our labs...

*crash in the background, follwoed by loud screaming*

Oh, damn. Looks like something's escaped. Back in a minute...
Old September 13, 2003, 21:42   #159
Vev
King

The Hive has unfortunately accidentally eaten quite a few of our creatures.
Old September 14, 2003, 01:08   #160
Ari Rahikkala
King

Local Time: 11:24
Hmm... psi nuke parrots? Are those parrots psi nukes in the same way as Lyta Alexander is called a thermonuclear weapon of psionics?

/me is not a Babylon 5 fan, just a guy who happened to watch a couple of episodes of it... OK, I would watch all of them if they aired it on Finnish TV now...
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old September 14, 2003, 03:45   #161
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Nobody knows what the heck Ari Rahikkala is talking about.
Old September 14, 2003, 03:49   #162
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

*further crashes in the background are followed by a loud humming noise, the sound of something heavy being dragged away, and then a loud clang*

Well, that was... exciting. One of our experimental *CENSORED* got loose and munched it's way through several labs until we cornered it in the toilets and managed to subdue it. Maybe next time the lab techs will actually listen when I tell them these things are dangerous...

Last edited by GeneralTacticus; September 14, 2003 at 03:54.
Old September 14, 2003, 03:53   #163
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 08:24
/me sings.
Old September 14, 2003, 03:54   #164
GeneralTacticus
Emperor

/me takes cover.
Old September 14, 2003, 06:11   #165
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 10:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Sunrise
Hey!
I know what he's talking about....as would any self-respecting geek, you...you ANTI-GEEK!
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!
Old September 14, 2003, 07:30   #166
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Even I, a man who no longer qualifies for geekhood, knows what Ari is on about Babylon 5

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old September 14, 2003, 08:45   #167
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Well I've written 10 or so fairly short articles, and made a new comic. So pravda might get released in the near future.

Just waiting on the editor now.
Old September 14, 2003, 11:06   #168
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Actually a janitor may have to work instead the official editor this time too.

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 14, 2003, 11:20   #169
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

No I don't want to compile the paper too!

Too much responsibility!

I wanna go back to the carefree days when I was a complete newbie.
Old September 14, 2003, 12:24   #170
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson Sunrise
Nobody *ever* knows what Ari's talking about...
Old September 14, 2003, 13:47   #171
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

What is he talking about?

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 14, 2003, 16:30   #172
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

/me dances.

Old September 14, 2003, 17:13   #173
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Doesn't Apolyton have a rule against uploading non-relevant images and files?
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old September 14, 2003, 17:15   #174
Nubclear

Good thing I didn't upload it!
Old September 14, 2003, 17:21   #175
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Indeed you didn't, my mistake.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old September 14, 2003, 18:31   #176
Vev
King

That is a funky technique for tea-serving.
Old September 15, 2003, 00:05   #177
Kody
Emperor

We need to get more people involved in the ACDG. I think what would help would be a little introduction post to the ACDG and introduction posts to from faction. At the moment I think many people have a look around this forum, don't know what is going on and leave.

So perhaps have a topped post with "JOINING THIS GAME!"
Inside we have description of our game, then a description from each faction that will be used to interest new members.
Old September 15, 2003, 00:42   #178
Nubclear

heres what I've written up:

------------

Welcome to the Alpha Centauri Inter-Factional Democracy Game.
First off, if you don't already know, Sid Meiers Alpha Centauri (or "SMAC" as its called by fans) is a very nice Turn Based Strategy created from the mind of Brian Reynolds, also the mastermind behind Civilization 2. In our democracy game (and we'll explain that in a minute) we'll be using the expansion pack as well, Alpha Centauri Alien Crossfire (or "SMAX") for this game however it is not required if you just want to take part in the role-playing element.
Anyway, by now you must be wondering what exactly this "interfactional democracy game" is? Well, for the most part this game is like your traditional PBEM (Play-by-e-mail). You play your turn, save, and send it to the next person. However, there is one very important difference between most PBEMs and this one.
Instead of one individual player playing each faction, we have several players playing each faction. Each of these factions sets up a government and creates positions. For example, The government structure may be something like this (Note that the people on top have higher authority, and the people on bottom have lesser authority):

PRESIDENT
|
|
VICE PRESIDENT
|
|
|
MINISTER OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
|
|
|
MINISTER OF DIPLOMACY

And so on. One person is elected to each position and has control over anything that falls within the category of their position. For example, the "Minister of Diplomacy" as displayed above may have control over interactions with other factions, but would not have control over what is to be built in bases. Please note that there is no standard and some factions may have 3 government positions and others have 33. The people elect other players to these positions (hence "democracy" game). Each of these is done at an interval agreed by most players of the faction. For example, the entire government may be re-elected every 1 month in real time in FACTION A, while in FACTION B the government may be re-elected every 4 INGAME Turns. However, this does not end the job of the people.
In addition to electing government officials, the people also vote on government decisions. For example, if the MINISTER OF INFRASTRUCTURE has the option of building a "Recreation Commons" in a base called "Washington", then he will post a poll which will ask the people if they wish to build a Recreation Commons, another base, nothing at all, write-in, or "xenobanana".
"Xenobanana? Whats that?" Xenobanana is an option that most polls will have. If this option gains more than fifty percent of the vote, then the poll is deemed invalid, oudated, and is discarded. Of course, the poll will automatically be discarded if it violates the rules of a factions constitution.
What is a constituion? Each faction has the option to create a constituion or "set of rules" which will detail what is or is not allowed, government positions, etc etc. Some factions may opt out of creating a constitiuion if they so wish.

Now that you know the basics of the Inter-Factional Democracy Game, it's time to join! These are the factions avalible:

THE HUMAN HIVE - This faction plays the SMAC faction known as "The Human Hive" (hence its name). The current leader of The Human Hive is "Chairman Voltaire".
THE FREE DRONES - This faction plays the SMAC faction known as "The Free Drones" (also hence its name). The current leader of The Free Drones is "Forman Buster".
THE CYBERNETIC CONSCIOUSNESS - This faction plays the SMAC faction known as "The Cybernetic Consciousness" (again hence its name). The current leader of The Cybernetic Consciousness is "Function Maniac".
PLANET UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY - This faction plays the SMAC faction known as "The University of Planet", but has changed it's name. The current leader of this faction is "Dean Archaic".
PEACE - This faction plays the SMAC faction known as "The Nautilus Pirates", but has changed it's name. The current leader of this faction is "Hercules".

Each of these factions are great factions and I would highly recommend all of them. However, you can only join one faction and once you join, you cannot leave and join another faction so make your choice carefully!
Once you have decided, it is time to join the faction of your choice. You can make your selection here. After you have made your selection, you will have to wait for the leader of the faction you have chosen to approve you. After that: Welcome to the Alpha Centauri Democracy Game and have fun!

I wish to join the HUMAN HIVE (Human Hive)!

I wish to join the FREE DRONES (Free Drones)!

I wish to join the CYBERNETIC CONSCIOUSNESS (Cybernetic Consciousness)!

I wish to join PEACE (Nautilus Pirates)!

I wish to join the PLANET UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY (University of Planet)!

--------

Last edited by Nubclear; September 15, 2003 at 03:37.
Old September 15, 2003, 00:48   #179
Nubclear

So, what do you guys think? Also, I think that a factional "recruiting" message would be better than my "This faction plays the SMAC faction known as blah blah blah...". What do you think?
Old September 15, 2003, 00:54   #180
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:24
Quote:
The current leader of The Cybernetic Consciousness is "Function Maniac".
At least you recognize I am the true Prime Function.