Old September 17, 2003, 19:48   #211
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I had forgotten about that introducation. Unfortunately I have no inspiration at all right now.
Old September 18, 2003, 11:56   #212
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 01:24
Humm perhaps I am just misjudging things because so much of the action is in the restricted Forums. With the realization that I can Get CrossFire at the Underdog and thus can view game files has greatly boosted my interest in this current Democracy game and opens up more options too.

Another thing that I think would be good to include in your Faction Propaganda statments would be a general statment of how the factions leaders play. Are they Builders, Hybrids or Momentum type people. Ofcorse I expect a mix in each factions but in general I bet their will be leanings one way or another and I would be interested in knowing something like that.
Old September 18, 2003, 12:14   #213
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 03:24
Er... for the builder/hybrid/momentum, you'd probably have to judge that for yourself. I believe most would consider information on how they're going to play this game classified information. Besides, it's not just the faction leaders. I can only speak from CyCon experience, but decisions are not usually based upon the paradigm/strategy of one person, but rather a consensus (or at least majority) of all players involved.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old September 18, 2003, 16:31   #214
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 08:24
/me wanders into the Rec Commons to say hello, carrying a bottle under his arm.

Hello all, I come bearing gifts from across the see

/me puts the bottle on the table and exclaims "think black stuff, but stronger, and clear"

/me takes a swig and smiles, handing it around to try.

Isn't Grappa great stuff?

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old September 18, 2003, 23:45   #215
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

On behalf of everyone who wants a vacation in Italy sometime while they are young enough to enjoy it ....... welcome back

And yes, we're jealous, too
Old September 19, 2003, 10:12   #216
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 18:24
Spoke too soon about the game getting going again.

With Drogue away....
Old September 19, 2003, 12:03   #217
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

If DBTS, our second function, doesn't turn up in the next 12 hours or so, Corelli Omega-9 or I will probably play the turn.
I could play now as well, but there are constitutional issues...
Old September 19, 2003, 15:01   #218
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Actually, I can't wait to get back It's great here, I've seen some wonderful paintings, so beautiful buildings, and eaten some of the best food I've ever tasted, but with newe job, and, far more importantly, loving girlfriend, I'm actually homesick I never thought that would happen. However I am enjoying Italy

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old September 20, 2003, 11:09   #219
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 01:24
This is why I love being Italian (well a quarter atleast), our food realy is the best

I must go their myself someday
Old September 20, 2003, 12:23   #220
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 02:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
This is why I love being Italian (well a quarter atleast), our food realy is the best

I must go their myself someday
I have to slightly agree... though I also love Asian meals (though they have all been Americanized, so I have no idea, unfortunately, what a true good Asian dish tastes like.)

I should make a trip to Japan one day...

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old September 20, 2003, 14:21   #221
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:24
In China, in Qingdao, I had wonderful steamed fish (no sauce). The fish is one of the dishes on the table and those at the table pick portions, with chopsticks as they feel like. It is served as the last of the main dishes apparently. Delicious. Oh and the varieties of fish are held in fish tanks until............

I had Peking Duck in Beijing. I had great tasting, honey glazed/basted Pigs foot
(I think) in a watervillage and I had a banquet of 20 dumplings each with different fillings in Xi'an. That was hard to finish (simply I was stuffed) I have to say it put me off dumplings for a while.

So I now have some new recipes for steamed Sea Lurk
Old September 20, 2003, 15:25   #222
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Captain you are making me very home sick ... Have you tried XiHu vinegar IODs?

Grapefruit Garden
Old September 20, 2003, 15:46   #223
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Try the xenofungus kimchee with that sealurk - I brought some capsisum pepper seeds with me, they're growing excellently in the hydroponic tanks!
Old September 20, 2003, 17:31   #224
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 09:24
Ok We'll have to have a sea base called Makahlua's restaurant, where we can exchange recipes and chit chat.

I quite like here on the sixth floor but by the time the sea food arrives , ehhh.

So the temple is a snack and Xenorum facility. Mind you it never set out to be or claim to be a restaurant.
Old September 20, 2003, 17:37   #225
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Hercules
Mind you it never set out to be or claim to be a restaurant.
Fortunately I would say. Though I can act as part-time bartender here in the Temple, my cooking skills aren't that great.
Old September 20, 2003, 18:10   #226
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Have you ever had nice Mindworms sprinkled with onions? Simple recipe, complex flavour!
Old September 20, 2003, 19:40   #227
Vev
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human Hive
King

Mindworm Tartar

Can we add these menus as Chef specials on the Rec Com menu?
Old September 20, 2003, 19:50   #228
Atlantian
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
Warlord

How are these ideas for cooking mindworms. My parrot is going to love me for this...

Puffed mindworm...
So sweet and fluffy! Especially good with whiped cream!

Mindworms and meetballs...
Chessy or original sauce? Also available with alfrado!

Mindworm sushi
Just make sure it isn't too raw...

Mindworm Sticks
Crunchy, and good with cheese, too!
"War forced us into the seas. When we came back upon the surface, it was a ruined and desolate place. We knew that it was not long before even the most secluded spot in the seas of Earth was polluted, so we left to the the sea of stars. That is how we came to be on Chiron."
-Dameon McPherson, Leader of the Atlantians, "The Exodus"
Old September 21, 2003, 00:45   #229
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Man, what I wouldn't give for a xenodoughnut now...
Old September 21, 2003, 03:00   #230
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:24
Old September 21, 2003, 04:03   #231
Vev
King

Mmmmmhh, xenodougnuts, filled with mindworm mind-controlling goodness.
Old September 21, 2003, 10:23   #232
Maniac

I'm sorry to interrupt the lovely daydreaming of food , but I've got some technical problem and I was wondering if any of you knew the answer.
There's some problem with the headphones I've been using lately. I hear mp3 files loud and clear, but when listening to most wav files, I hardly hear a thing, even when I put the volume at maximum. There is sound, it's just become very silent. I don't have this problem when I use the sound boxes.
Does anyone know what could be causing this?
Old September 21, 2003, 12:52   #233
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

The fact that you don't have a Mac?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old September 21, 2003, 13:07   #234
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

True fully opening the volume control, so that you don't just get the single adjust. Check the bars under every heading, to see if any of them are set very low.

I have no idea if this is actually what's causing it, but give it a shot anyway.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old September 21, 2003, 15:29   #235
Maniac

Volume control, Wave, SW Synth (what's that??), CD Player, Phone Line and PC Speaker are all medium to high. Aux (??), TV Tuner, Line In (??) are quite low. 3D Depth and Microphone are muted.
Old September 22, 2003, 18:31   #236
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Just try taking a hammer to the headphones. That always works...
Old September 22, 2003, 19:42   #237
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Or some fire. Fire is the cleanser.
Old September 22, 2003, 22:02   #238
Vev
King

I like acid, they have such an interesting appeal.
Old September 25, 2003, 08:33   #239
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire in turn tracking thread
Thank God!

Now the factions who take too long to post their turns (who shall go unnamed, you know who you are!!!) can face the full wrath of Googliegod!
The sad part is we have to use the plural.

Ever since those polls on what was an acceptable amount of time to hold a turn extended the time period from 24 to 48 hours. It seems unspokenly decided that making last minute decisions is a viable reason for holding the turn between 36-56 hours. I've watched you all log in, look, download, post to private forum and log out again.

The Hive is also guilty of holding the turns for just bureaucracy reasons, although we don’t do it as often. Then again that’s mainly because the other factions give us so much time to iron out our plans beforehand. However, if the other factions spent less than 24 hours each I wouldn't have time to roleplay or muck around. So I guess all the feet dragging is good on that respect.
Old September 25, 2003, 08:42   #240
Maniac

I thought you were overworked?

(Will you participate in the Hive ACDG btw?)