Old September 8, 2003, 12:05   #1
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Who Pays On A Date...
If a man's a gentleman, he'll pay for me.
Acting as a woman's version of a "gentleman" is an excellent example of how men are brainwashed by women to fulfill their self-serving interests.

Mothers train their sons to buy into this scam at an early age, teaching them to treat women like goddesses and to pay for female company without question.

No man should allow himself to become a doormat for female whims, and no man should have to pay for a woman earning as much as he is.

It costs more to be a woman.
Women package themselves for sale to the highest bidder they can attract -- you don't see umpteen magazines touting beauty tips or gigantic cosmetic counters for men. No one -- and I mean no one, needs a hundred pairs of shoes.

And as for what it costs to be a man -- try getting a date without an expensive house, an upscale car and nice clothing.

It's just nice.
Sure it's nice -- I'd like someone to give me door-to-door chauffeur service, bring me presents, and pay for my dinner and entertainment, all for the possibility of sex, but with no obligation whatsoever. Let's be honest; if we did this, we'd be in jail for fraud.

It's just expected.
Yes, it is expected… by women who have set up the rules of dating and sex by forcing men to bend to their rules. And this means, if you don't pay, you don't get laid.

If you don't pay for me, you're cheap.
I love this one -- pure sexual blackmail. It just proves that what women really want is cash.

Whoever asks for the date should pay.
This is a great example of the female double standard. How many women have actually asked you out? And yet you can hear this excuse from women on a daily basis!

Let's look at it this way -- when two women go out to dinner, does the one who asks pay? No, they usually split the bill. The same thing happens when a woman goes out with a man who's just a "friend" -- each pays an equal share.

But the second that sex enters the equation, the woman expects to be paid for. This is nothing less than whitewashed prostitution.

I can get away with it.
This is when the truth finally comes out. I've heard many women say, "I've got what you want and you're going to have to pay for it." Such arrogance just reduces dating to a whore/john relationship.

My girlfriend's boyfriend pays for her, so why shouldn't you?
This is another version of the "you're cheap" routine. What's she's really saying is, "my girlfriend gets away with sexual blackmail, and I want to get away with it, too."

I offer to pay, but guys say no.
In these days of equal rights some women will make a thinly-veiled, half-hearted attempt -- once -- to uphold their end of the "equality" bargain by offering to pay their half of the check.

But it's all a sham -- she knows that the guy knows that if he takes her up on her offer, any hope of sex is over...

As men, the best thing we can do is to put our collective feet down and stop paying for women. After all, their behavior amounts to little more than extortion and sexual blackmail.

The reason women can still get away with this behavior is because we let them. It's time to stand up for ourselves and demand equal rights as men.

There should be absolutely no question about who should pay the bill: we both should.

http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmi...ng_advice.html
Old September 8, 2003, 12:07   #2
Japher
Emperor

Local Time: 08:25
I think it depends on who asks who on the date...
Old September 8, 2003, 12:13   #3
C0ckney
King

interesting troll angle

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton
Old September 8, 2003, 12:14   #4
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 01:25
Wrong. If the guy is a gentlemen he will pay. If the girl wants to contribute something then let her buy some minor item like the ice cream cone as you walk on the beach but the man must pay for the bulk of the date even if she asked him out on the date.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 8, 2003, 12:16   #5
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

Local Time: 04:25
Quote:
This is a great example of the female double standard. How many women have actually asked you out?
It's not unheard of.

Quote:
And as for what it costs to be a man -- try getting a date without an expensive house, an upscale car and nice clothing.
Most things that women buy are more expensive because they are willing to pay more. I don't know how it is in the UK, but in the US a mens dress shirt costs $1.25 to clean while a womens blouse costs $3 or $3.50. Going to the barber costs $15 while going to a hairdresser costs $50 (or whatever).

These are real bills that are the way they are for no other reason than it is the way society has said it's the way it's going to be.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old September 8, 2003, 12:16   #6
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 16:25
I bet you don't open doors for women either, Stew.
Old September 8, 2003, 12:16   #7
MikeH
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-League
OTF Moderator

Last couple of girls I've been out with have insisted on paying their share. As in "don't try and patronise me, I earn as much as you..." type thing. Fine by me.

We've got both kinds
Old September 8, 2003, 12:17   #8
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Both should definetly pay. Women making the man pay for everything while dating are horrible, IMO .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old September 8, 2003, 12:18   #9
Japher
Emperor

Park: If you are only going out with women that do this to you than you are going out with the wrong women.

Even before my wife and I got married she use to take me out, and pay. This didn't happen to often as we were both in school and usually didn't go "out" too often. Then when I got a job, and she was still in school, I ended up paying for most things, but she'd still buy me concert tickets or something on occassion. Now that she has a job she takes me out more than I take her out, and she even helps me pay off my credit cards from time to time.

Sounds to me like you are being chased by gold diggers.

Chivalry is dead, and thank god.
Old September 8, 2003, 12:19   #10
DanS
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Deity

I'm willing to do either, without it reflecting poorly or positively on the woman. Society is in transition on this point.
I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891
Old September 8, 2003, 12:22   #11
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 03:25
i go back to my "women should be nationalized and distributed by the state to those who exceed their work quotas" stance. if women were the only "capitialistic" good (ie, you work herder you get more women allotted to you) communism would have put america under decades ago.
Old September 8, 2003, 12:24   #12
Urban Ranger
Deity

Re: Who Pays On A Date...
Quote:
Originally posted by Park Avenue
How many women have actually asked you out?
More than you have. Besides, some others offered to pay her own share as well.

Quote:
But the second that sex enters the equation, the woman expects to be paid for. This is nothing less than whitewashed prostitution.
I dunno. I don't have a car, my SO does. I can use it almost whenever I need to, however, and she pays for it.

Quote:
It's not that hard. As I said, I don't have a car, let alone a house.
Old September 8, 2003, 12:24   #13
Lefty Scaevola
lifer
Emperor

"This is a great example of the female double standard. How many women have actually asked you out? "
Several, aparrenly many more than have ask you.

I usually paid because I was much richer than all but one of my dates.
From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"
Old September 8, 2003, 12:26   #14
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Japher
Sounds to me like you are being chased by gold diggers.
You are looking at NimDookieRainbowWarningBodd copying and pasting from some website.

Him chased by good diggers?
Old September 8, 2003, 12:28   #15
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Chivalry is dead, and thank god.
No it's not. I still open doors for my dates and they all say they like it when a man acts like a gentleman.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 8, 2003, 12:28   #16
Q Classic
Emperor

when i visit her, she pays. when she visits me, i pay. when we're both at home, we go dutch.

if paying the check is such a crucial part of a relationship, there's something wrong.
Old September 8, 2003, 12:31   #17
Japher
Emperor

Quote:
I still open doors for my dates and they all say they like it when a man acts like a gentleman.
I'll let you in on something Oerdin; Women don't like "gentlemen", they like the bad boys Then when you've hooked them, you do something like that and the praise you get is 10 times more than what you are getting now...
Old September 8, 2003, 12:33   #18
Q Classic
Emperor

i dunno, my gf likes it far more when i'm a gentleman...
Old September 8, 2003, 12:35   #19
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
I'll let you in on something Oerdin; Women don't like "gentlemen", they like the bad boys
Many do but many others don't. It depends on who she is.
Old September 8, 2003, 12:38   #20
Combat Ingrid
Prince

Local Time: 17:25
Quote:
Originally posted by Q Cubed
if paying the check is such a crucial part of a relationship, there's something wrong.
Old September 8, 2003, 12:41   #21
Ming
lifer
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Retired

Hmmm... Sounds like dookie is just trying to rationalize his cheap ways....

Old September 8, 2003, 12:45   #22
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 19:25
Quote:
(ie, you work herder

Freudian slip?
Old September 8, 2003, 12:47   #23
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Women don't like "gentlemen", they like the bad boys Then when you've hooked them, you do something like that and the praise you get is 10 times more than what you are getting now...
Isn't this like a bad game?
Old September 8, 2003, 12:47   #24
Japher
Emperor

Quote:
i dunno, my gf likes it far more when i'm a gentleman...
All I'm saying is that by being a gentleman all the time you lose your only wildcard, and they have a deck full of them... Play or be played.
Old September 8, 2003, 12:57   #25
DAVOUT
PtWDG RoleplayCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

The gentleman trick is not bad; an authentic gentleman has NEVER anything like cash or credit card on him. Therefore in letting her pay (even asking her to pay after observing your lack of currency), you save money and you make the *gentleman* more credible.

Old September 8, 2003, 13:08   #26
Soul Survivor
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Ming
Hmmm... Sounds like dookie is just trying to rationalize his cheap ways....

he brings hope to us all
Old September 8, 2003, 13:18   #27
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Quote:

I'll let you in on something Oerdin; Women don't like "gentlemen", they like the bad boys Then when you've hooked them, you do something like that and the praise you get is 10 times more than what you are getting now...

It depends on how old they are and what kind of stage they are in. There is only one bit of advice that any man should know about a woman. She is not like the others you have dated.

Women are like wars. Men keep preparing themselves for the last one they were involved with.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old September 8, 2003, 13:24   #28
Oerdin
Deity

I sometimes think things were easier for everyone in the Vitorian era. At least everyone knew what was expected of them and edicate made things simple.
Old September 8, 2003, 13:28   #29
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 10:25
Long live feminist girlfriends. They almost insist on paying more than men
Old September 8, 2003, 13:58   #30
reds4ever
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
Wrong. If the guy is a gentlemen he will pay. If the girl wants to contribute something then let her buy some minor item like the ice cream cone as you walk on the beach
or the condoms....?