Old September 8, 2003, 14:26   #31
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 01:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Sure.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 8, 2003, 14:41   #32
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 10:25
My gf and I have a deal. She pays for the pill, I pay for the condoms.
It turned out pretty much even
Old September 8, 2003, 14:43   #33
Japher
Emperor

Local Time: 08:25
Quote:
My gf and I have a deal. She pays for the pill, I pay for the condoms.
It turned out pretty much even
Does she have a low co-pay, or are you buying platinum studded condems?
Old September 8, 2003, 14:45   #34
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by Japher
Does she have a low co-pay, or are you buying platinum studded condems?
Let's just say I'm vigorous
[/brag]
More seriously, condoms are damn expansive if you go for quality. ~0.80 € apiece.
Old September 8, 2003, 14:49   #35
Japher
Emperor

You don't reuse them?!
Old September 8, 2003, 14:50   #36
Spiffor

Quote:
You don't reuse them?!
I'll ask my gf what she thinks about it first

Old September 8, 2003, 14:52   #37
Ari Rahikkala
King

Local Time: 11:25
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	date-terrorists-only.png
Views:	93
Size:	2.5 KB
ID:	52832  
This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand
Old September 8, 2003, 14:54   #38
Spiffor

@ Ari
Old September 8, 2003, 14:55   #39
Japher
Emperor

It's more like whoever has to sit through a date with Park
Old September 8, 2003, 15:01   #40
Elok
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 04:25
If the entire point of dates was getting some tail and nothing more, you'd think men would have just switched to standard whore-shopping by now. Never had a GF(used to be I was just too much of a nerd, now there's also the fact that I don't know many girls who'd be worth the otherwise pointless bother of getting a real job/car/responsibility), so I don't know personally.
"May I be forgiven for the ills that I have done/Friends I have forsaken and strangers I have shunned/Sins I have committed, for which others had to pay/And I haven't met the whiskey that can wash those stains away."
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old September 8, 2003, 15:02   #41
Japher
Emperor

Elok, are you still a virgin?
Old September 8, 2003, 15:07   #42
Spiffor

Quote:
Originally posted by Elok
If the entire point of dates was getting some tail and nothing more, you'd think men would have just switched to standard whore-shopping by now.
Nah. Non-whores are far superior, as you can have sex with them at your or their home. Much more comfortable
Old September 8, 2003, 15:15   #43
Elok
Emperor

Don't see how that's any of your business, but if you really want to know, yes. It's actually not really hard to go without, once you get past the initial hump of learning mental discipline, and it saves you trouble. I might be interested in getting married if I meet someone I can talk to for more than two minutes in person without getting bored(who happens to be female-yes, I'm sure I'm straight), but the sleeping-around thing doesn't interest me. There's nothing I hate more than the shallowness and superficiality of getting-to-know-you crap, and I'm not about to drag myself through it voluntarily every few months, paying for a car, gas, insurance, etc. along the way, for something that takes less than an hour before it's over and exposes me to herpes. Screw that. Sex could feel like winning the bloody superbowl and it still wouldn't be worth the bother if it interrupts my otherwise perfectly contented existence.
"May I be forgiven for the ills that I have done/Friends I have forsaken and strangers I have shunned/Sins I have committed, for which others had to pay/And I haven't met the whiskey that can wash those stains away."
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old September 8, 2003, 15:20   #44
Spiffor

I was perfectly contented when I was still a virgin (I was one of those "happy virgins", glad to be free and not to be dependent of the needs of the flesh)
And I can tell you not being a virgin anymore is very good when looking back. Sex, along with the relationship, sure helped me mature a lot and made me accept who I was. To have someone love you like you are, without you needing to show off, is an impressive plus

I hope you'll find that love too. But you won't find that love if you're not going to look for it. If you're ready to have meaningful relations, you'll have them
Old September 8, 2003, 15:20   #45
Timexwatch
King

Quote:
Don't see how that's any of your business, but if you really want to know, yes. It's actually not really hard to go without, once you get past the initial hump of learning mental discipline, and it saves you trouble.
And masturbating three times a day...

Quote:
There's nothing I hate more than the shallowness and superficiality of getting-to-know-you crap, and I'm not about to drag myself through it voluntarily every few months, paying for a car, gas, insurance, etc. along the way, for something that takes less than an hour before it's over and exposes me to herpes.
An hour?

Don't worry, we all go through dry spells (I'm going on more than a year, mostly self-imposed).
Old September 8, 2003, 15:59   #46
Elok
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Timexwatch
And masturbating three times a day...
An hour?
I said an hour in a probably fruitless attempt to stave off whizzing contests about who does it the longest/quickest. I just sorta rattled off a number that sounded vague-"less than an hour" can be fifteen minutes or forty-five.
And actually, no, I don't jerk off either. I don't like to be under the control of anything but my mind, and that includes sexual addiction. I'm quite happy without it. It's a common misconception that all desire lasts forever. After a while ignoring it becomes utterly habitual and no more agonizing than brushing off bugs. It has to do with the way human beings can mentally adapt to nearly any circumstance over time. Look at (non-pederast) clergy. They go without, and seeing as monasteries aren't famous for constantly locked bathroom doors I'd say it doesn't cause too many problems.
The only thing I really want in that regard is company, and I've felt isolated for the last fifteen or so years of my life, so I don't think sex causes it. It's just my nature as an autistic. I'd like somebody I can relate to, but the sad fact is that such people are few and far between, outside of blood relatives. If I find such a person, and I probably will someday, it's marriage for me, not casual sex, which is more of a side-benefit in those circumstances.
And I think I know myself rather well as it is, Spiff. What I'm looking for is a kindred spirit, and somehow I think I'll know such a spirit when I see it. It's hard to explain, but I've met some who are close to a match and had that feeling, if you'll forgive the cold-blooded saying. Thanks anyway.
-Brady's Leap, "Wash."
Old September 8, 2003, 16:05   #47
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

I definitely agree that men and women should pay equally, given that the sexes are supposed to be equal, but I don't believe that it's all a plot by evil women. It has to do with outdated societal standards introduced by the concept of chivalry a long time ago.

Culture takes a long time to change.

Oerdin: You say etiquette made it easier to know what was going on? Try communication. It's great stuff.
Old September 8, 2003, 16:26   #48
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor
Nah. Non-whores are far superior, as you can have sex with them at your or their home. Much more comfortable
Not to mention the "payment" you make comes in the form of naughty nickers and trips to Corsica which you get to enjoy just as much as she does.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 8, 2003, 16:30   #49
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
I might be interested in getting married if I meet someone I can talk to for more than two minutes in person without getting bored(who happens to be female-yes, I'm sure I'm straight), but the sleeping-around thing doesn't interest me.
Elok: I'm not trying to be down on you man but this sounds kind of like the old "I'm not trying excuse". That's where someone is scared to try or feels discouraged about past failure so he pretends he doesn't want to try because people can't say he's failing if he isn't trying. The truth is if you try you will succeed. There are lots of pretty girls who are your intellectual equal and all you have to do to meet them is walk up to them and say "Hi, my name is..."

Old September 8, 2003, 16:31   #50
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 03:25
Thread's question is a toughie for me when I date . . .

does the man pay, or does the other man pay?
Old September 8, 2003, 16:32   #51
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
Quote:
There are lots of pretty girls who are your intellectual equal and all you have to do to meet them is walk up to them and say "Hi, my name is..."
She might just think he's Eminem though.
Old September 8, 2003, 16:33   #52
Japher
Emperor

I think Elok is doing just fine. He needs to be comfortable with himself before getting into a relationship. If he's not comfortable with himself then the relationship will either be too controling or ver uncomfortable... Yet, that is no reason not to date, no one said you have to marry girl... Though they are all rather strange.
Old September 8, 2003, 16:33   #53
Oerdin
Deity

Quote:
She might just think he's Eminem though.
Old September 8, 2003, 16:34   #54
Japher
Emperor

Quote:
MrFun, we all know your the beitch
Old September 8, 2003, 16:35   #55
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 09:25
Honestly though, you're best skipping the "my name is" bit until later. I make a habit of only asking girl's names when I am interested in them. Less names to remember that way.

Also, what is he going to say after "my name is..". OK, say that thing first. get straight into conversation rather than awkwardness.
Old September 8, 2003, 16:44   #56
Oerdin
Deity

The next step is always the hardest but usually honesty is the best policy. I once went up to a girl at the beach and started the conversation with "Hi, my name is..." and after we had introduced ourselves I cofessed that I'd been sitting over there for four or five minutes trying to think up an excuse to talk to her but when none came to mind I decided to just introduce myself. She laughed and said an introduction was so much better then a cheesy pick up line and I asked her about the worst lines guys had used on her. It was a good conversation; not good enough to get me laid but still it was a good confidence builder.

I also like try to pay attention to what she's doing because you'll often get clues about the things she's interested in; like was she playing volleyball? Maybe she has a tatoo or an unusual piece of jewelry which you can ask her about. Do you know any mutual friends or go to the same school? If you've got nothing else then talk about music or the movies anything which you are likely to have in common.
Old September 8, 2003, 16:48   #57
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:

MrFun, we all know your the beitch
For the last time -- Starchild is, not me.
Old September 8, 2003, 17:27   #58
monolith94
Mac
Emperor

"It just proves that what women really want is cash."

And you want ***** (I assume). So they get cash and you get the night of unparalleled splendour. Sounds like a fair exchange to me.
Albert Speer
Old September 8, 2003, 17:34   #59
MrFun
Emperor

But that's called prostitution, monolith.
Old September 8, 2003, 17:36   #60
Timexwatch
King

Quote:
Originally posted by MrFun
Thread's question is a toughie for me when I date . . .

When you're ballroom dancing, who leads?