Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 9, 2003, 08:57   #1
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 02:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
About Spain...
With thanks to MrWIA doing the tech trade with Spain, (therefore remining me of this,) what to do with Spain?

Peace: Trade techs, luxurys, resources, etc...

War: we're going to have to wait until map making, and build some more cities, and get rid of the brabarins, before we do it,
*we could also wait until the next age or something...*

Thoes are your choices, and sorry about being late

EDIT: Forgot to say that you have 3days
Old September 9, 2003, 09:05   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:27
Well we are bloodthirsty evil Vikings, so WAR!

But... not until we actually know their proper location, whether we can get to them or not, and we have actually built up some troops. So before the next age, but not right now.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 9, 2003, 09:44   #3
Torkkeli
Civilization III Democracy Game
Warlord

Local Time: 10:27
War I say....

And MWIA is right. Until we know where we really stand we should remain peaceful.
Old September 9, 2003, 10:40   #4
Madcaptn
Chieftain

Local Time: 04:27
I voted to keep the peace but I think that going to war in this Age would be better but I can't change my vote. I think talking about war with another civ on, what seems to be, another continent is kinda too early.
Old September 9, 2003, 11:32   #5
Anaximander
Warlord

Personally, I feel that we should conquer them at the first available moment. If we are on different continents, then so much the better! That would then give us a foothold on another continent while seriously limiting their ability to counter attack. That small strip of ocean should not be intimidating, we're !

Historical Rants and Philosophical Dilemmas
http://www.geocities.com/jeff_roberts65/
Old September 9, 2003, 11:51   #6
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Im betting there's a closer civ (via land) that would better serve as our first target.

Besides, they look like a perfect target for Zerks.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old September 9, 2003, 11:55   #7
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

I'd say wait to see the lay of the land. Like UnO says, there could be a more accessable target nearby.
Old September 9, 2003, 12:24   #8
ormuzd
Civilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameIron CiversApolyton UniversityC4DG The HordeC3CDG Ankh-Morpork
Emperor

We don't nothing about our island, even if it is an island. Let's wait some more turns, begin expanding and then we can target our first victim.
One thing is sure - we should destroy someone as soon as possible
Old September 9, 2003, 12:28   #9
joncnunn
Civilization III Democracy GameC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton UniversityC3CDG Team BabylonApolyton Storywriters' GuildCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Local Time: 03:27
Don't we need to know if there's a way to get to the Spainish without ships or not first?
Old September 9, 2003, 12:48   #10
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Kinda early for this poll. First we need to explore. Then we kill off those who need killing.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 9, 2003, 12:53   #11
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 01:27
Explore, explore, explore!! And then war, war, war!!

Once we find out how we stand on this continent we can make better plans, but I vote for at the very least getting some archers up and running soon for a resource denial/oscillating mini-war against our closest neighbor...whomever that happens to be.

Ugh-Ook-Ack
Old September 9, 2003, 13:04   #12
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Wipe them out sometime, of course. But I agree that it's too early to tell when.
Old September 9, 2003, 14:21   #13
Anaximander
Warlord

Hear hear, Rhothaerill! I think you say it best.

Ugh-Ook-Ack

Historical Rants and Philosophical Dilemmas
http://www.geocities.com/jeff_roberts65/
Old September 9, 2003, 19:45   #14
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Milk every nieghbor for everything they have till we know what the Geography of our position holds for us.
Old September 9, 2003, 20:02   #15
G'Kar
Prince

War in this age, for sure. We should destroy/almost destroy our closest neighbor as soon as we have the troops to do it. We still need to see a little more of our island and a little more of the Spanish neighborhood to pick a fist target.
Old September 9, 2003, 21:50   #16
WilliamOsborne
Settler

Local Time: 00:27
WAR!
Provided that we actually do have our own island, I would favour war quickly!

WAR!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! SLAUGHTER THE SPANISH.....

Take what they will not give us!

[cough]

And er.. yeah. Definitely war. Unless we find an easier target on land.

- Will
Old September 10, 2003, 18:05   #17
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

after CB we can ask them for the alfabet , if they dont want to give it , ........

but no , why declare war , they cant touch us for now and sooner or later they are going to want to declare war on us , .....

why waste our time , let them declare war when they want , ......

have a nice day
Old September 10, 2003, 18:23   #18
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I voted for war in this age because of sheer proximity, but it may have to wait for the next age if there are closer targets to confront in the present age.
Old September 10, 2003, 23:08   #19
The Slayer
PtWDG2 Latin LoversC4WDG Spamyard TeamSpanish Civers
Emperor

Eh, you don't think that is too early for talking of war??.. let's wait for more turns and see what our future.. then war

Alexander the Great
Old September 11, 2003, 00:10   #20
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

It's a little too early to start talking about war, for reasons the others have said. So I'll abstain from this poll.
Old September 11, 2003, 06:52   #21
Asmodeus
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy Game
Chieftain

Local Time: 08:27
I really think we should wait until we have completed a military unit before we plan a war, 'cause right now that single barb warrior could destroy our race!!!

Lets expand and develop our own land first, settle all the good spots and build up a little infrastructure. When we have the means to train and deploy a proper army then we start getting demanding with the Spanish. There's no point in going to war without a good reason -at least more than just because they are there!! Above all if we do war we want it to be brief and decisive not drain our resourses for centuries - especially not if this is an archipelago map, we will be in slow tech hell.

Lets get some longboats built asap and find out where we are in the world and settle all we can before the AI does. Then we will be well placed to dominate the world with Berzerker's!!!
Old September 11, 2003, 12:19   #22
The Slayer
PtWDG2 Latin LoversC4WDG Spamyard TeamSpanish Civers
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny
So I'll abstain from this poll.
In the poll, abstein is the same as "banana"

Banana for me, too.
Alexander the Great
Old September 12, 2003, 00:41   #23
G'Kar
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Asmodeus
Lets expand and develop our own land first, settle all the good spots and build up a little infrastructure. When we have the means to train and deploy a proper army then we start getting demanding with the Spanish. There's no point in going to war without a good reason -at least more than just because they are there!! Above all if we do war we want it to be brief and decisive not drain our resourses for centuries
The fact that Spain is there is plenty reason to go to war with them. While we sit back and settle open land and build improvements Spain will be getting stronger and stronger. (and our eventual war with them will get longer and longer) Early war need not be a drain on resources, as long as we're winning we'll be able to end it any time we choose.

Taking enemy cities can be a more efficient method of expansion than settling open territory. You don't have to build settlers, you should get some improved terrain and freebie workers, and (in this case) we want that low corruption land next to our capital.

Of course, if there's an eaisier target on our island it should be they who fall first.
Old September 12, 2003, 10:33   #24
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
Milk every nieghbor for everything they have till we know what the Geography of our position holds for us.
I thought you and Togas weren't supposed to help make decisions since you made the map? Is this advice from the world makers? If so, we should listen to them since they know where all the resources and other civs are at.
Old September 13, 2003, 17:25   #25
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

hi ,

we cant even protect ourselves from a couple barbs and some people are allready talking about war , .........

have a nice day
Old September 13, 2003, 18:41   #26
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Quote:
Originally posted by GhengisFarb

I thought you and Togas weren't supposed to help make decisions since you made the map? Is this advice from the world makers? If so, we should listen to them since they know where all the resources and other civs are at.
I don't think BigFree helped to make the map... I thought it was Togas and BigFurryMonster that made it.
Old September 13, 2003, 22:37   #27
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny

I don't think BigFree helped to make the map... I thought it was Togas and BigFurryMonster that made it.
It was those two. BigFree is the SMC so he can certainly help decide our course of action.