Old September 9, 2003, 16:23   #1
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 01:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Apolyton University Modified Succession Game Sign-up
This thread will essentially take the place of the First poll as a sign-up in the interest of having the specific list of people who want to play available to me to divide into teams if that is the way we want to play (see Third poll) I will update the list for all new additions.

Rhothaerill - scenario designer and overseer...not a part of a team
Nuclear Master - AU dean...not a part of a team
Dominae (opportunists)
Theseus
Master Zen (opportunits or conquest/domination victory)
Arrian (opportunists or any team)
Mountain Sage
Alexman (space victory)
Konquest02 (any team)
Vlad Antlerkov (space victory)
Nor Me (opportunists)
vmxa1 (space victory or any team)
ZargonX
Godking (opportunists or conquest/domination victory)
the Arsenal (conquest/domination victory)
Taian (any team)
Tarquinius (space victory)
Beta
BRC (opportunists)
Plattfuss (space victory or opportunists)

Last edited by Rhothaerill; September 11, 2003 at 16:50.
Old September 9, 2003, 18:09   #2
Tassadar500
Emperor

Put me down but I won't be playing
Old September 9, 2003, 18:50   #3
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:28
Add me as well. I thought I voted in that thread?
Old September 9, 2003, 18:53   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Updated. Sorry vmxa1. I only counted a certain number of yes votes and a certain number of people that posted they wanted to play. That was why I restarted a new thread to find out exactly who wanted to play.
Old September 10, 2003, 06:17   #5
Mountain Sage
PtWDG2 Cake or Death?Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 08:28
Wow, being in such an august company
BTW, I finished AU209. Postings this Fri.
Old September 10, 2003, 11:26   #6
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Now there’s a list of names that qualifies as heavy hitters. I’m leaning toward playing, but will reserve judgment until I see what the game parameters are.
Old September 10, 2003, 12:01   #7
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Where is Catt? Considering how important the AARs will be, surely he needs to be involved (Catt writes some of the best AARs out there)!

Come on, Catt, sign up.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old September 10, 2003, 12:04   #8
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:28
I'll see if I can talk some other people into signing up too

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 10, 2003, 12:13   #9
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Right now we can have two teams of five. Let's get some more people in here. It'll be fun for all the forum veterans, but I'd like to see some new people too...at least down the line a little if not right away.

Come join us!!!
Old September 10, 2003, 12:27   #10
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

I'd be interested, but I just don't know that I have the time to write AARs for every turn block...
Old September 10, 2003, 12:32   #11
vmxa1
Deity

Rhothaerill if you come up with an odd number of players, you could have a few as lukers or backups.
IOW if you had planned on 5 per team and 17. I would be happy to join and just follw a given team to make it easier.

Arrian I have not seen many post by Catt lately, maybe life is getting in the way of gaming.
Old September 10, 2003, 12:41   #12
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I would be interested - but don't know how often I would be available to play.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 10, 2003, 12:54   #13
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
I would be interested - but don't know how often I would be available to play.
That's fine. That was part of the reason I set the game up the way it's going. You don't have to play a set block of turns like a standard succession game or even every block of turns if you aren't able to. I'll go ahead and add you though.
Old September 10, 2003, 12:58   #14
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
Rhothaerill if you come up with an odd number of players, you could have a few as lukers or backups.
IOW if you had planned on 5 per team and 17. I would be happy to join and just follw a given team to make it easier.
I hadn't planned on any hadr and fast rule for the number of people in a team. If we have a lot more sign up in the next few days I might divide it into three teams. But for now I'd like to stick with two. Having at least six or seven people on a team will be good since not everyone will be able to play the turn blocks in the set time. RL reasons of course.
Old September 10, 2003, 14:01   #15
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Per alexman's suggestion in Part 3 of the three polls, and assuming that teams with different goals wins that poll (), for all those who have already signed up that they would like to play in this game please state your preference of team goal (conquest win, spaceship win, or that it does not matter). I will add them to the top post for ease of rationing the teams before the start of the game.

This also applies to anyone who signs up from here on out. Please post your preference in case the differing goals game wins the third poll. Thanks all.
Old September 10, 2003, 14:12   #16
vmxa1
Deity

I am happy to do any.
Old September 10, 2003, 17:12   #17
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 03:28
I'll play anytime, in any team...
Old September 10, 2003, 17:24   #18
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

I would be happy with any, however, I am weakest at cultural victory and would probably learn the most in regards to that (whether or not that means that I review those reports or am writing those I leave to your judgement as I am on so many alergy drugs right now (d@mn that ragweed adn goldenrod) that everything is warm and fuzzy)

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 10, 2003, 17:28   #19
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Cultural victory is easiest, IMO, as a warmonger. More cities with temples = more culture. More broken AI empires = less chance of a challenger that can muster 50k.

Or, if you're going for 10k in one city, there's nothin' like Great Leaders for wonder rushing to help out.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old September 10, 2003, 17:38   #20
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 09:28
AFAIK, you need 20k in one city. I remember my first won Babylon OCC. Those were the days.
Old September 10, 2003, 18:01   #21
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I'll gladly do either fastest Conquest/Domination or fastest Spaceship. I'm not a fan of the other victory types...

Dominae
Old September 10, 2003, 18:15   #22
alexman
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMApolyCon 06 Participants
Firaxis Games Software Engineer

I think I'll go for fastest spaceship. It's been a while since I've tried one of those, so it will be a welcome change from my recent rushes towards domination.
Old September 10, 2003, 18:16   #23
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

In
I’ve read through the related threads more carefully and determined this is doable and looks to be a very decent learning experience.

Sign me up. Team Conquest, bitte.
Old September 10, 2003, 18:22   #24
alexman
PtWDG Gathering StormCivilization IV CreatorsInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMApolyCon 06 Participants
Firaxis Games Software Engineer

By the way, how are we going to handle spoiler information gained when some of us get maps or contacts in our own game that are not aquired in the "chosen" game?

Play the next session as if we don't have that knowledge? Make extremely short sessions so the difference in gained information is not great?
Old September 10, 2003, 18:44   #25
vmxa1
Deity

I was going to sign up as a builder type, as I think that is closer to the truth, but the shot from my current game (emp) makes that looks foolish.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	f4_screen.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	52960  
Old September 10, 2003, 18:45   #26
vmxa1
Deity

Yes this is only 850BC and I have lots of friends already. What could I do I am pinned in.
Old September 10, 2003, 18:49   #27
vmxa1
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by alexman
By the way, how are we going to handle spoiler information gained when some of us get maps or contacts in our own game that are not aquired in the "chosen" game?

Play the next session as if we don't have that knowledge? Make extremely short sessions so the difference in gained information is not great?
I think that either could work, but I am for the honor system. I think most will be loathed to cheat on their friends/compatroits/fellow gamers.
Old September 10, 2003, 19:10   #28
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1

I think that either could work, but I am for the honor system. I think most will be loathed to cheat on their friends/compatroits/fellow gamers.
I was thinking short sessions starting with 20 turn time block, and then after a while going down to 10. That should keep wide differences down. The honor system works too.
Old September 10, 2003, 19:14   #29
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dominae
I'll gladly do either fastest Conquest/Domination or fastest Spaceship. I'm not a fan of the other victory types...
Those were the only two I was considering anyway. The classics. If this works the way I'd like it to, then we can try other things with it in the future if we want.
Old September 10, 2003, 20:56   #30
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 02:28
I'm all for being on the "Builder" team. Warmongering isn't my strong suit.

As for difficulty... Regent or Monarch. Maybe Emperor. Deity if I don't care about my arse getting handed to me on a plate.

Last edited by Vlad Antlerkov; September 10, 2003 at 21:03.