Old September 11, 2003, 17:44   #61
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Rhothaerill
Yes this is on PTW 1.27f patch. And if I didn't mention it before (I don't think I did) it is set up with the AU mod.
No you did not, so what does that mean to me? BTW it has not been worked in some time, does that matter for the patch level?
By what does that mean, I am asking what I need to do to be kosher. I never used a mod, so that is why I ask. Also I need to have some clues as to what the impact is or I will sure to stink this up. I guess the AU history link will point me in the right direction.
Old September 11, 2003, 17:47   #62
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 03:28
Absolutely... But the AU mod is nothing drastic... It just makes the game more challenging by improving the AI. I think it's the best mod around because changes are so slight it still "feels" like Civ 3

You'll find the links in the AU history thread.

--Kon--
Old September 11, 2003, 17:51   #63
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

AU mod... oh crap.
Anybody got a quick link for what the changes are?

And 1.27f... guess that means I will have to do a download and patch again. Darn.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 11, 2003, 17:53   #64
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 01:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Konquest02
Absolutely... But the AU mod is nothing drastic... It just makes the game more challenging by improving the AI. I think it's the best mod around because changes are so slight it still "feels" like Civ 3

You'll find the links in the AU history thread.

--Kon--
What he said. It's not too drastic a mod, and it does improve the AI a bit without going beyond the AI's grasp of events. Anyone else who hasn't used this mod before please check out the AU mod history thread here: AU mod history

One of the things I'd like to do is start using the AU mod for most all the AU based games. After all it was created for Apolyton University.
Old September 11, 2003, 17:54   #65
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
AU mod... oh crap.
Anybody got a quick link for what the changes are?

And 1.27f... guess that means I will have to do a download and patch again. Darn.
1.27f does speed the game up a bit. I like it and I believe it is compatible with 1.21f unlike how 1.21f was for 1.14f.

Last edited by Rhothaerill; September 11, 2003 at 21:24.
Old September 11, 2003, 18:01   #66
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Well, I will try it with 1.21, and if that doesn't work will download and upgrade.

Checking out the history of the mod now. Looks fairly mild (as compared to DyP or some of the others I have looked at or are playing as PBEM) so it should be fine.

Gonna have to forget all the little things I have been putting away regarding C3C..... ah, seafairing is the way to go.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
Old September 11, 2003, 18:49   #67
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

Hmm. I’ve never played the AU mod. Reading it over, the changes may not be drastic, but there are enough to make me consider rethinking a few unit build and tech choices (marines, ironclad, for example). And I’m betting a couple of these changes give you some nasty surprises if you don’t pay attention through out the game.

I am assuming left clicking a unit/the Civlopedia will show me the updated changes in strength and movement?
Old September 11, 2003, 19:03   #68
Konquest02
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by TheArsenal
Hmm. I’ve never played the AU mod. Reading it over, the changes may not be drastic, but there are enough to make me consider rethinking a few unit build and tech choices (marines, ironclad, for example). And I’m betting a couple of these changes give you some nasty surprises if you don’t pay attention through out the game.

I am assuming left clicking a unit/the Civlopedia will show me the updated changes in strength and movement?
Exactly. The mod was created in order to give more strategic depth to the game as well as to improve the AI. Some given strategies might not work as well, some new are just more effective...

Some key changes:
  • Communism is much more effective. It's now a viable form of government.
  • Riflemen are now 5/6/1 instead of 4/6/1, as the AI often uses them in attack
  • Archers, Bowmen, Longbowmen and Guerilla have a zero-range bombard and act just like a catapult put in a stack. Much more useful on defense.
  • Great Wall now also adds city walls to all towns in continent.
  • Longevity requires Sanitation instead of Genetics
  • Military Academy no longer requires a victorious Army.
  • Increased corruption for Republic from Nuisance to Problematic.
    Increased worker speed by 1 for Communism.
    Increased experience of Communist Spies/Diplomats by one level.
    Added 1 free unit per city for Democracy.
    Added 2 free units per metropolis for Democracy.
    Reduced all resistance modifiers versus Communism by 5.
    Doubled assimilation chance for Communism.
  • Doubled effect of entertainers
  • Action: Increased optimal number of cities for all map sizes by 50%
    Reduced percentage of optimal cities for all levels by 1/3
    Reason: To make the AI more aggressive in pursuing land
    Comment: Is transparent to the human player, except for the fact that
    in delays the availability of the FP. Encourages the larger AI
    empires to capture (not raze) cities. May induce the AI to win
    by domination. The behavior of the AI in expanding was not
    changed after Firaxis made courthouses and police stations
    increase the OCN by 25% each.

That's about it...

--Kon--
Old September 11, 2003, 19:03   #69
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by TheArsenal

The galley movement on ocean is a bit of a nasty surprise if you forget about it.

Yes the civilopedia updates all changes made in the editor, including upgrade paths etc. IIRC if any new units, wonders, etc. are added the civilopedia also adds those too, but I haven't done any of my own modding for a while so I'm not sure.
Old September 11, 2003, 19:25   #70
vmxa1
Deity

That is swell, but remember I said I have not used mods, so what is required to use it? Will it just be that a scenario is created using it and a save presented and I use the save with no real other action on may part?
Is it like GOTM, where I have so many hoops to jump through that I shucked it?
I have been installing over and over per Firaxis to try and resolve a problem. So Ihope it is painless.
Old September 11, 2003, 19:28   #71
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
That is swell, but remember I said I have not used mods, so what is required to use it? Will it just be that a scenario is created using it and a save presented and I use the save with no real other action on may part?
Is it like GOTM, where I have so many hoops to jump through that I shucked it?
I have been installing over and over per Firaxis to try and resolve a problem. So Ihope it is painless.
You won't have to do anything but download the 4000bc savegame after I post it tonight. The scenario was already created with the AU mod rules incorporated into it.
Old September 11, 2003, 20:18   #72
vmxa1
Deity

I like that, thanks.
Old September 11, 2003, 21:51   #73
Tassadar500
Emperor

Ok any last team joinings before I post a specifics thread?
Old September 18, 2003, 20:50   #74
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Me! Since you talked me into it Spaceship team please and thank you

Oh! Perhaps I should introduce myself? Hi, I'm Maki and I'm usually found in the Alpha Centauri forums, but I've been lurking here and improving my game..even if I'm only up to regent so far
Old September 18, 2003, 22:02   #75
Konquest02
Prince

Welcome Maki!! You just missed the first block of turns, but it's not a big deal. The next block starts tomorrow so you can pick up the game from there!

Good luck!

--Kon--
Old September 18, 2003, 23:56   #76
Rhothaerill
supporter
Emperor

Welcome to AU Makahlua. For anyone that doesn't play the C3DG she is the term 1 president. I'll go ahead and add her to the spaceship team.
Old September 19, 2003, 00:40   #77
vmxa1
Deity

Yes welcome to the team.