Old September 10, 2003, 17:43   #1
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 03:32
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'm Torn Apart By This News---I Can't Go On
Ben and Jen's story book wedding postponed.

Someone just shoot me.

http://et.tv.yahoo.com/celebrities/2...lopez_wedding/
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old September 10, 2003, 17:47   #2
Tuberski

How could this happen??????

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old September 10, 2003, 17:48   #3
Chemical Ollie
King

Local Time: 10:32
Does this mean she's still a virgin?
Old September 10, 2003, 17:49   #4
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:32
That's just an excuse. J-lo found someone new to hitch her star to.
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old September 10, 2003, 17:50   #5
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 08:32
NOOOOOOOOOOOO
Old September 10, 2003, 17:50   #6
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

The rumor is that she wants a prenup that says Ben has to pay her half of his money if he cheats, but he gets to keep all his money if he doesn't cheat. Ben is stalling .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old September 10, 2003, 17:52   #7
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 01:32
Quote:
Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
This is her fourth wedding so I hope not.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 10, 2003, 17:52   #8
chequita guevara
ACDG The Human HiveDiplomacyApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Run Ben, RUN!!!!!!!
Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...
Old September 10, 2003, 17:52   #9
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Chemical Ollie
I'll check her out and let ya know what all I find.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old September 10, 2003, 17:53   #10
Imran Siddiqui
staff

You know Ben wants Matt Damon
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old September 10, 2003, 17:53   #11
Oerdin
Deity

BTW Montecito and Santa Barbara are both very nice locations. As I recall the Kennedies honeymooned there.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 10, 2003, 17:54   #12
Bereta_Eder
Settler

"maybe he's throwing her horn".

thats a greek slang expression translated word for word.

cookie to the one who finds out what it means
Old September 10, 2003, 18:59   #13
Sprayber
Emperor

Does she make more than he does you think.
Old September 10, 2003, 19:05   #14
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace

Quote:
NOT Originally posted by Sprayber
cookie to the one who finds out what it means
Quote:
Does she make more than he does you think.
I'm not betting money on it. Though a direct Greek-to-English translation may provide the same results
Old September 10, 2003, 19:06   #15
Bereta_Eder
Settler

if that's an answer to my post, nope it doesn't mean that

but as a hint, it is related with what Imran said in his first post...

as a sidenote and I know this is heavy, I was passing by an international press kiosk today and read on the national enquirer (sp?) that tom cruse will not marry penelope cruize either.
Old September 10, 2003, 19:11   #16
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Looking at Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas ( :shiver: ), J. Lo. probably realized that Ben wasn't old enough for her.
Old September 10, 2003, 19:18   #17
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
if that's an answer to my post, nope it doesn't mean that

That wasnt an answer to your question. Comrade is just on cheap crack.

Let's see. If I was a multi millionare, I wouldnt get married either. I'd just sleep around that way you could get you a select group of girls, keep them in clothes, keep them tested for all the nasty disases and you would have it made.
Old September 10, 2003, 19:22   #18
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Maybe even stars need their soul mate after a while.

I'm getting mushy, kill me.
Old September 10, 2003, 19:35   #19
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22

I'm getting mushy, kill me.

Nothing that a drinking binge and a meaningless night of sex with a complete stranger won't cure.
Old September 10, 2003, 19:36   #20
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT
Looking at Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas ( :shiver: ), J. Lo. probably realized that Ben wasn't old enough for her.

I wonder what exactly attracted her to him. Is it the chin?
Old September 10, 2003, 19:39   #21
Nubclear

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber

That wasnt an answer to your question. Comrade is just on cheap crack.
Old September 10, 2003, 19:40   #22
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

Her ass is getting chunky anyway.
Old September 10, 2003, 19:56   #23
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Like you wouldn't hit that!
Old September 10, 2003, 20:26   #24
Alexander's Horse
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 18:32
HOLLYWOOD, CA—Focus groups at advance screenings for Gigli, a romantic comedy starring Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez set to open nationwide July 30, have demanded a new ending in which both stars die "in as brutal a manner as possible," sources at Sony Pictures said Tuesday.

"The movie is pretty good, I guess," read one comment card from a test-screening audience in Culver City, CA. "I liked the Al Pacino character, but I had a hard time buying Jennifer Lopez as a lesbian. I also really, really wanted [Affleck and Lopez's characters] Larry and Ricki to die, to get shot or blown up or run over by something. I would prefer to see the blood and the looks on their faces."

On Monday, 3,000 people in markets as varied as Dallas, Chicago, Albany, Atlanta, and Seattle screened Gigli, a gangster-themed romantic comedy written and directed by Martin Brest, in which lowly thug Affleck lets his love for hitwoman Lopez get in the way of a high-risk mob assignment. Of those viewers, 2,965 "strongly agreed" that the ending should be changed to include a graphic scene in which its main characters die.

"Many participants wrote 'shot to death' in the space provided for comments, probably thinking that it fit in with the gangster characters' stated realities," Columbia Pictures director of marketing Peter Zitterman said. "Some comments showed a lot of careful thought, such as 'point blank through head from right side,' 'both at once with single shot from elephant gun,' and 'several hundred times, with multiple camera angles showing their bodies jerking as they're shredded with a heavy hosing of lead, spraying the lens with gobbets of meat and bone and blood, with the sheer number of fist-sized exit wounds obviously precluding any sequel.' And shootings weren't the only ideas suggested, believe me."

According to the exit cards, other popular methods of achieving Lopez and Affleck's on-screen demise included car bombs, multiple stab wounds, acid baths, rabid wolf attacks, lightning strikes, and, in one case, a "hammer party."

"We never expected this kind of reaction," Zitterman said. "We've had odd results from focus groups before, but I don't recall an audience ever agreeing on such a sweeping change. If only we had done this survey in pre-production."

Although the various test audiences differed on the preferred methods of death, they seemed unanimous on one point.

"We were very surprised at how many viewers thought that, no matter what, Affleck and Lopez should not be entwined in a romantic embrace at the time of their deaths," Zitterman said. "Everyone was perfectly clear on that."

Although Brest said he is satisfied with the final cut of Gigli, he briefly considered incorporating some of the test audience's ideas into the film.

"The danger here is succumbing to what people in the business call 'option paralysis'—being caught with so many good ideas that you're not sure which one to use," Brest said. "Getting shot is fine, but what about an automobile fire in which Ben and Jennifer are shown perishing in a slow-motion montage, their newfound love discarded as they try desperately to claw their way past each other's melting bodies, while slowly roasting to death in their own fat? You'd be surprised at how many people came up with that one. Or having them crawl through a field of broken glass while a safely booted and gloved Christopher Walken casually advances on them with a spray bottle of acid and a pair of bolt-cutters? I must say, a part of me loves the idea of them chewing each other to death during a 14-minute dolly shot."

Added Brest: "Believe me, after the singular experience of working with these two for several months, it would be a joy to get back together just to make these changes."

Even if time were not prohibitive, Columbia executives remained skeptical about the validity of the focus-group results.

"I find it hard to believe that audiences would harbor hostility toward such major media figures as J. Lo and Ben," Zitterman said. "With her magazine covers, clothing and perfume lines, and constant radio presence; his roles in Daredevil and Project Greenlight; and their recent joint appearances on Dateline NBC and numerous entertainment shows, how could anyone wish for anything but a resolution that unites these two attractive, highly visible celebrities?"

Insiders confirm that time constraints will prevent the much-requested death-scene additions to Gigli, which already underwent several days of fine-tuning when earlier focus groups noted a lack of romantic chemistry from the real-life couple. In light of the results, however, director Kevin Smith has said he will consider adding a gruesome double homicide to his Affleck-Lopez comedy Jersey Girl, due in theaters next year.

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?
Old September 10, 2003, 20:34   #25
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Hey, this is news. At least this time she is having the good sense to call things off before the wedding instead of after it.
Old September 10, 2003, 20:35   #26
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
The rumor is that she wants a prenup that says Ben has to pay her half of his money if he cheats, but he gets to keep all his money if he doesn't cheat. Ben is stalling .
Find that hard to believe, but if true, he'd be nuts to sign on principle. If they need a prenup, it should be the standard "what's mine is mine and what's yours is yours" type.
Old September 10, 2003, 21:25   #27
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov
Hey, this is news. At least this time she is having the good sense to call things off before the wedding instead of after it.

wow, an actual learning experience for jen uh. maybe there is more to her than just looks..

nah. probably not.