Old October 1, 2003, 02:43   #61
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 03:36
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
If your neighbor tries to kill you then you protect yourself. If he continues to try and kill you. you have no recourse but to get "rid" of the threat.
There are other ways of getting rid of people without killing them.

Quote:
And with your party's platform, you'll be lucky enough just to get elected to anything to resign from anyway.
We aren't the warmonger party, so we will have some support among the polite citizens of Israel.

I hoped for the comment about resignations.
Old October 1, 2003, 10:46   #62
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 05:36
The Arabs have made themselves false idols to worship, and they have forgotten the true God. As the heathen savages they have become, we must smite them in a superior show of faith. If we do not then we will be destroyed!

I say we should march seven days around the walls of Mecca and watch the Kaa'ba fall apart in a superior show of faith! Who's with me?!
Old October 1, 2003, 10:56   #63
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 04:36
censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 23:11.
Old October 1, 2003, 12:31   #64
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 08:36
How about we recapture Jerusalem and the Wailing Wall first.

As for Mecca, all in good time, all in good time.
Old October 1, 2003, 13:04   #65
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
we must smite them in a superior show of faith.
If they are truly idolators, than God will do that himself. There is no need for us to usurp God's role.
Old October 1, 2003, 13:37   #66
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 23:13.
Old October 1, 2003, 14:47   #67
Dr. Nick
Deity

Quote:
If they are truly idolators, than God will do that himself. There is no need for us to usurp God's role.
We aren't God's chosen people for no reason! We must spread God's word and smite the unbeliever.
Old October 1, 2003, 14:50   #68
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
he posts here more than at his own parties thread!
Perhaps I am simply trying to recruit.
Old October 1, 2003, 14:54   #69
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 23:15.
Old October 1, 2003, 15:30   #70
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

A good dialogue is simply the first step to becoming a bleeding heart liberal. Ben has you well on the way conmcb25
Old October 1, 2003, 15:38   #71
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored, I was congratualting the opposition for an excellent job of making fun of me?

Wait that leads me to a question? Can we make fun of ourselves? Well I better ask Emu first. This is confusing!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 23:17.
Old October 1, 2003, 19:17   #72
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Best one I have heard all week!
See! See! Liberal humor!
Old October 1, 2003, 21:08   #73
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
The Arabs have made themselves false idols to worship, and they have forgotten the true God. As the heathen savages they have become, we must smite them in a superior show of faith. If we do not then we will be destroyed!

I say we should march seven days around the walls of Mecca and watch the Kaa'ba fall apart in a superior show of faith! Who's with me?!
What's with all these stupid Christian Crusader ideals everyone is posting? Judaism does not have crusades or anything of the sort.
Old October 1, 2003, 22:11   #74
Dr. Nick
Deity

You have strayed from the path, dirty athiest heretic!

To the stake! Burn the witch!
Old October 1, 2003, 22:19   #75
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Neither do Jews desire an inquisition. Were we not once slaughtered by those more powerful than ourselves, and were we not too weak to resist? Yet, the Lord has provided, and we have a wonderful home. Let us not perpetuate genocide.
Old October 1, 2003, 22:23   #76
Dr. Nick
Deity

We have suffered much as a punishment from the Lord for straying from the path! Were we not enslaved in Babylon for this? We must correct our people and force them to embrace the Lord, by force if necessary. There is no room in Israel for those who deny the Lord and stray from the path!
Old October 2, 2003, 00:53   #77
PinkyGen
Prince

*At first, PinkyGen was enjoying this debate, but now wonders if somebody forgot the Prozac*

"Not to say I take the hippies side, of course."
Old October 2, 2003, 02:12   #78
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
*At first, PinkyGen was enjoying this debate, but now wonders if somebody forgot the Prozac*
Another Liberal recruit!
Old October 2, 2003, 06:36   #79
Dr. Nick
Deity

There is no room in Israel for you hippies!

*strikes dissidents with walking stick*
Old October 2, 2003, 09:50   #80
PinkyGen
Prince

Htower, you forgot to quote the second part...
Old October 2, 2003, 09:52   #81
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

wow! definately censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 23:18.
Old October 2, 2003, 10:43   #82
Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 10:36
well I don't think others should be supposed to badmouth the party in here anyways..
Old October 2, 2003, 12:05   #83
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
both get OFF Prozac there minds will clear up!
Why would I need Prozac to stay calm? At least I don't require stimulants like the One Israel members do to keep their fervour.
Old October 2, 2003, 12:43   #84
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored, I was trying to encourage bantering ONLY in good fun, but thats now illegal

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 23:20.
Old October 2, 2003, 12:47   #85
PinkyGen
Prince

I don't think the complaint is that we are insulting each other in "character", but that they are essentially coming over to our thread, and thus into party headquarters, to "badmouth" us.

However, this doesn't trouble me, so long as they do not attempt to interfere in internal party affairs. If they want to banter, fine. Our arguments are obviously superior to theirs, and its obvious the prefer visiting us than sitting in their ramshackle party headquarters.

(Note, the second part of this sentence about ramshackle headquarters is part of the in "character" conmcb25 was talking about. Of course, our arguments are obviously superior, and this needs no justification. )
Old October 2, 2003, 13:05   #86
H Tower

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
Htower, you forgot to quote the second part...
rats, he discovered my a conservative ploy
Old October 2, 2003, 13:37   #87
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 23:23.
Old October 2, 2003, 14:03   #88
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Of course we are true conservatives. True conservatives protect all human persons, including the Arabs, unlike these neo-cons who seek imperial domination.
Old October 2, 2003, 14:10   #89
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

censored

Last edited by conmcb25; October 7, 2003 at 23:24.
Old October 3, 2003, 22:21   #90
EmuGod
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
We have suffered much as a punishment from the Lord for straying from the path! Were we not enslaved in Babylon for this? We must correct our people and force them to embrace the Lord, by force if necessary. There is no room in Israel for those who deny the Lord and stray from the path!
Obviously you have little information on Judaism to make ausch a statement. Judaism's attitude to those who do not understand it (pagans, Christians etc.) is one of indifference. We don't care if they believe in God or judaism or not. It does not matter. Secondly, Judaism is not a religion based on blind faith but rather on the doing of mitzvot. Thirdly, during the Roman exile the Talmud was written in Babylon (500 CE) and Jews were doing rather well there.