View Poll Results: Foreign Activity: 1540 AD onward
A: My opinions on Embassies has changed, and I have posted it below 0 0%
B: 2 Wandering Dips near Greece should head south (1) and east/Northeast around the Great Lake (1) 2 10.53%
B: 2 Wandering Dips near Greece should both head south discovering as much land as possible 0 0%
B: 2 Wandering Dips near Greece should head east/northeast around the Great Lake discovering as much hidden ground as possible 6 31.58%
C: Steal steam engine from the Americans as soon as they finish researching it, despite the fact it may slow our progress to Fundie, it is on the path to Railroad 2 10.53%
Wait until Fundie, then steal Steam Engine from the Americans 3 15.79%
It isn't Steam Engine we need, it's Railroad, lets wait and see if we can steal that instead 4 21.05%
D: 4N Bananas 2 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 13, 2003, 00:40   #1
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Local Time: 03:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Foreign: 1540 AD Beg, borrow or steal?
Essentially, the goals of the Foreign Ministry have not changed since the last poll. But I am polling anyway, to clarify a few things...

We still desire diplomats with all other civs, though it seems likely we will first get one with the Zulus, in all likelihood we will have one with the Germans very soon as well. The Russians may take longer, depending on how soon we actually run into them (though we have an approxiamate (okay, I know that one is wrong too Ben Kenobi, but I am going to leave it as is ) idea.

So, if we use diplomats first and foremost to establish embassies, (and if the fickle populace now thinks that is a bad idea....please state it below, I am going by the last poll and will not change it unless enough of you tell me that we know longer desire embassies), but what else would we like our diplomats to do?

As you can see, we have 8 currently, and four more in production. Of the 8...One is in Atomants Hell, one is just outside Buffalo, one is near Delhi (an American City), three of them are outside of Rack and Ruin, and the remaining two (pictured below, though not sure how legible the insert will be my apologies) are near the Greek Cities of Delphi and Agros respectively.

The last diplomat that passed a Greek unit is no more, and though we intend to avenge it, I must ask if the citizens think it is wise to leave Diplomats in the Greek territory. The arrows I have indicated above are the directions I think we should head, with the one heading north finding the Eastern edges of the Great Lake. The one heading south I hope will avoid Greek units for as long as possible, though it might be wise to propose peace if we stand outside a city with a diplomat, both in hopes of saving the diplomat, and of having the Greeks stop attacking us for a time being.

The last question relates to the Americans. If the Americans are successful in researching Steam Engine (which is obviously on the path to Railroad ) should we attempt to steal it right away, slowing our progress to Fundamentalism, or do we wait until we are in Fundamentalism, or do we wait and see if the Americans research Railroad next, and perhaps steal that instead of Steam Engine.

/me , Foreign Minister hoping that if the absent Hydey returns, that he will not think this a "stupid waste of time poll"
Old September 13, 2003, 08:11   #2
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 09:41
an other way to steal Steam engine could be: bribe an american city(mabe one of the south american ones(not our beloved Phlegethon))

Shade
Old September 13, 2003, 08:42   #3
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 10:41
We only need steam for RR, I think it would be unwise to steal it before we get Fundi.
Old September 13, 2003, 14:22   #4
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

I think it would be best for our Dips to give the area of the Greeks a wide detour.
Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old September 13, 2003, 20:31   #5
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Yes, let us avoid getting anymore technologies before Fundamentalism.
Old September 14, 2003, 07:42   #6
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:41
I voted for us to get the diplos away from knwon Greek territory and go East to explore new lands.

Also, we don't need Steam Engine at all in this game, so although I voted for the option to wait and go for Steam Engine later, the keyword that I voted for was WAIT. Pull out all stops for Fundy, and once we have it then start looking at stealing techs.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 15, 2003, 09:36   #7
Sparrowhawk
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Succession Games
Emperor

While the time for voting has not yet passed, (later today), the other ministries have submitted their reports, and the Foreign Minister does not want to be the cause of holding up the game, having said that, feel free to continue to vote, and should the opinions change, I will attempt to inform our President forthwith.

I apoligize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

/me Foreign Minister