Old September 13, 2003, 09:18   #1
marcovalente
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 09:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Looking for a CMN
Hi I'm looking for a CMN. Accelerated sart and standard everything else. I've already gotten 4 players together.
Old September 13, 2003, 15:31   #2
Darsnan
supporter
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 GaiansApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansPolyCast TeamSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 04:41
Hi Marcovalente,

I can be the CMN, if you don't mind waiting about a week for me to crank out the game.
Is this going to be a SMAC or SMAX game? Also, if you are going for an acelerated start just for the benefit of early game advancement, why I can add any number of additional units in to facilitate this. The concern I have with a traditional "Accelerated Start" is that everyone gets one free Secret Project, which then becomes a severe issue as there's always someone who isn't satisfied with the SP they've been given.
Also, I am currently into heavily modifying my Alpha(x).txt file, which essentially tells the game how to play. For instance I can make Artillery more deadly, have the AIs' build more serious units (like Cruiser Probeships), enable Sea Boreholes, and change the prerequisites for such things as Deep Sea Hulls (i.e. submarines). Does any of this interest you, or are you wanting just the standard fare? And finally, how seriously do you want me to tweak the AI's that will be in the game: I can make them formidable foes, above the basic AI level, or leave them alone. Let me know, and once I clear my other project off my plate, I'll begin on this one if you want.

D
Old September 23, 2003, 08:26   #3
marcovalente
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Hi its a SMAC game. Nah i'd rather like to have it standard. Maybe it would be a good idea if you do add extra units instead of accelerated start.
Old September 25, 2003, 09:17   #4
marcovalente
Alpha Centauri PBEM
Prince

Hey darsnan thanks for the offer but i don't need a CMN anymore. But a really appreciate the offer.
Old September 25, 2003, 12:38   #5
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 10:41
Darsnan, would you be interested in CMNing another game? We have at least three players ready to start, possibly four. The thread is here.