Old September 13, 2003, 11:29   #1
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 03:41
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Research Question (regarding PEACE)
A general question:

Why are PEACE's research costs so much lower than ours? Their research costs less than 200, while ours is above 300... we have the same number of techs. Furthermore, they have more advanced techs. Why is this?
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.
Old September 13, 2003, 11:45   #2
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 10:41
I think Googlie could offer an elaborate answer. In short, I think it has something to do with us being the most advanced faction when we were allowed to pick our last tech. The most advanced faction has higher tech costs. We had just received IndBase, IndEco and researched IndAut after all. The Pirates however picked their tech, and got IndBase and IndAut after that. This means their tech cost was still at the level of when they had two techs less. Probably their tech costs will make a huge jump after they have researched Doc:Ini and need to pick another tech. For us the increase will probably be much smaller this time.
Old September 13, 2003, 13:25   #3
Corellion
ACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

Local Time: 03:41
Thank you. I figured it was probably something like that, but I wanted to know for sure.
Function Corelli Omega-9, Internal Affairs Function (Terms 110, 101, 100, 011, and 010) and Advisor on Foreign Affairs (Term 001) for the Cybernetic Consciousness in the Alpha Centauri Democracy Team Game (ACDTG).
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one.