Old September 13, 2003, 19:27   #1
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 03:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Chat 2 save and log
Got to 3250BC, before losing too many people - prolly would've gone faster, but apparently 1.21's barbs act differently from 1.27's so I had to upolad the game a few times. Question for those who might know: -Should- there be any difference in the way the barbs move? I'm currently running 1.21, everyone else was on 1.27 and 2 different times our barbs broke differnt ways - not to mention a second barb showing up in my 1.21 game... Do I need to upgrade to 1.27, or keep playing in 1.21 and I just provide screencaps?

Official Save
Chat log
(thanks for the shot, defcon5, I knew I was forgetting something earlier!)

Highlights:
- Ceremonial Burial acquired from Spain
- Valhalla founded in 3450BC
- New Asgard's first warrior named OctavianX, in honor of our injured former President
- Barbarian threat exposed in the southwest!
- Scout 2 renamed Brave Sir Robin
- More coast discovered, looks like we might be on an isle!

New Asgard is currently set to build an archer for barb-hunting .....but grows the same turn that's completed....Valhalla finishes it's first warrior next turn; OctavianX currently defends them from the approaching threat; our worker is starting a road towards Valhalla. Also,Spain has discovered Bronze Working - still expensive for alphabet

Last edited by Makahlua; September 13, 2003 at 23:47.
Old September 13, 2003, 19:52   #2
mrboo123
Rise of Nations MultiplayerC4DG VoxCiv4 SP Democracy GameNationStates
King

Local Time: 02:42
WHAT? I MISSED IT! I DON'T BEVEIL THIS! CRAP! Well, you did a good job anyways.
Old September 13, 2003, 20:30   #3
G'Kar
Civilization III Democracy Game
Prince

Local Time: 02:42
Screenshot:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	demogame3-2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	53219  
Old September 14, 2003, 03:29   #4
Niessuh
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsSpanish CiversC4DG VoxCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Spamyard TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

Local Time: 10:42
It seems the ideal place for the vikings, a coast with a lot of rich places to attack with impunity
South desert tiles are perfect for one city (or two)

Last edited by Niessuh; September 14, 2003 at 03:37.
Old September 14, 2003, 07:40   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 20:42
Looks like a successful run of play.

I guess you can expect various little things to change between versions of Civ. Perhaps Firaxis just tidied up a few lines of code that they felt was not a significant enough change to note, or perhaps their reported changes altered the order that the game calculates things like AI unit moves.

Nevertheless, if so many have 1.27, perhaps it's time we should have a poll on which version the President should use...

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 14, 2003, 08:03   #6
OPD
Civilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 08:42
Yeah there's alot of diff's in barb strat between the 2 versions, they have different priorities iirc.

Not that I'd really know but I find they're even sneakier now and are unlikely to fight a battle that they will probably loose.

In one game I was playing I found 24 horsemen just fortified on a remote coastal tile.
Old September 14, 2003, 11:32   #7
Panag
MacCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Emperor

Local Time: 10:42
hi ,

we still should go ahead with the creation of that supercity a bit down under , ......

have a nice day