Old May 14, 2001, 20:23   #1
Bennie
Settler

Local Time: 22:59
Local Date: October 30, 2010
My first scenario in ToT: Please Help! (Desperate)
Hi. I first got turned on to Civ 2 by my gf who had a copy. We play it so much that we refer to it as "our" game. I finally got my own copy of ToT, and am working on a scenario. This will sound very basic for you people, because you're obviously (based on the posts I've read) alot more experienced at this than I am. This is what I have in one section of my events file:

@IF

TURN

turn=555

@THEN

JustOnce

CreateUnit

owner=Americans

unit=Armor

Count=1

veteran=Yes

homecity=New York

locations

x7,y81

endlocations

TEXT

U.S. forces have used alien technology to teleport into the Russian territory! They are advancing towards Moscow! I recommend using one of our cruise missiles in Asiatic Outpost to destroy the U.S. Armor which is advancing! (You will have only one opportunity to save Moscow. When this turn ends, so does Russia, if you are unsuccessful!)

ENDTEXT

@ENDIF

What is wrong with this? It seems to all look right according to the manual, but whenever I try to start up my scenario, it says there was an error. I checked my reopt file, and it said this was an Illegal CreateUnit command. What's illegal about it? pleas ehelp. I really would like to get the hang of this so I can make scenarios for my friends. Any advice or suggestions would be very greatly appreciated. Thanks! ^_^
Old May 14, 2001, 21:00   #2
Bennie
Settler

OK...Now I changed it to this:

@IF

TURN

turn=555

@THEN

TEXT

U.S. forces have used alien technology to teleport into the Russian territory! They are advancing towards Moscow! I recommend using one of our cruise missiles in Asiatic Outpost to destroy the U.S. Armor which is advancing! (You will have only one opportunity to save Moscow. When this turn ends, so does Russia, if you are unsuccessful!)

ENDTEXT

JustOnce

CreateUnit

owner=Americans

unit=Armor

veteran=true

homecity=None

locations

endlocations

@ENDIF

THis works perfectly, except for one small problem: The unit that's created also gets created along with several nuclear missiles, and they appear in several different locations...none of which are the square I specified in my file. (And no, they arne't just units that the AI sent there...they're being created randomly for some reason). PLEASE help!
Old May 15, 2001, 09:54   #3
William Keenan
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 17:59
There is nothing in that event statement that would cause the problem you describe.
Old May 15, 2001, 23:43   #4
Bennie
Settler

the map numbered as 0 is whatever map the game generated for you right? That could be the problem if I'm wrong about that. Am I?