FezzHand
Old September 26, 2003, 01:09   #62
:) Smiley
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 01:55
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Full score on Parts A & B is 48.

Essays had a maximum possible score of 16. Once again, at least two people must bring up a certain point for it to be counted.

Now for the essays:

Scoring- get this number of points for each of the following points covered:
Kill people- 7
Zylka- 3
Ban advertising- 2
Buy less stuff- 2
Stop large corporations- 2
Education/propaganda- 2
Use animals or food- 2
No Response- 2

Essay Scores:
Wernazuma- 8
Immortal Wombat- 7
Stefu- 7
Straybow- 7
Skywalker- 7
St Leo- 7
Skanky Burns- 7
Mr Mitchell- 5
Japher- 4
Shi Huangdi- 3
Ben Kenobi- 3
Boshko- 2
Spencer H- 2
The Andy Man- 2
Jaguar Warrior- 2
Atahualpa- 2
Zylka- 2
ADG- 2
Tuberski- 0
Theban- 0

Last edited by :) Smiley; September 26, 2003 at 01:19.
Old September 26, 2003, 01:12   #63
Emperor

for reference these were the responses.
-------------------------------------------
nuke everything
-----------------
kill everyone

-----------------

The first step would be to ban advertising in public spaces, later followed by banning ads on TV and then altogether.
At the same time introduce uniforms for all citizens, so no more stupid consumerism on brand cloths.
The we should tax new products and especially packaging material so repair becomes an option again.
Then we gather all the CEOs of major corporations and put them in a train to the former nuclear testing area in Kazakhstan where they have to dwell for the rest of their lives on stone age like agriculture.
Secondly, make a test on common knowledge on political and historical issues at the campus. Those who fail will be sent on an old oil tanker to the Bikini Atoll - no more superficial Laws and Economics student bunnies!

-----------------
Die

-----------------
Kill them all

-----------------
Zylka

-----------------
Make evryone whach 'Barney' repeatedly, and tell them this is the end result of consumerism. I can't imagine it lasting long after that.

-----------------
Start with a basic investment, leverage your interest, diversify your portfolio, re-invest your dividends, sell at 34.

-----------------
A Game of Global Thermonuclear War.

-----------------
ACK! PPTTHHHHBBBTTT!

-----------------
Death

-----------------
Zylka

-----------------

The usage of bananas is key

-----------------

Stop Globalization

-----------------

No
-----------------

"A dog is a man's best friend." That common saying may contain some truth, but dogs are not the only animal friend whose companionship people enjoy. For many people, a cat is their best friend. Despite what dog lovers may believe, cats make excellent housepets.

In the first place, people enjoy the companionship of cats. Many cats are affectionate. They will snuggle up and ask to be petted, or scratched under the chin. Who can resist a purring cat? If they're not feeling affectionate, cats are generally quite playful. They love to chase balls and feathers, or just about anything dangling from a string. They especially enjoy playing when their owners are participating in the game. Contrary to popular opinion, cats can be trained. Using rewards and punishments, just like with a dog, a cat can be trained to avoid unwanted behavior or perform tricks. Cats will even fetch!

In the second place, cats are civilized members of the household. Unlike dogs, cats do not bark or make other loud noises. Most cats don't even meow very often. They generally lead a quiet existence. Cats also don't often have "accidents." Mother cats train their kittens to use the litter box, and most cats will use it without fail from that time on. Even stray cats usually understand the concept when shown the box and will use it regularly. Cats do have claws, and owners must make provision for this. A tall scratching post in a favorite cat area of the house will often keep the cat content to leave the furniture alone. As a last resort, of course, cats can be declawed.

Lastly, one of the most attractive features of cats as housepets is their ease of care. Cats do not have to be walked. They get plenty of exercise in the house as they play, and they do their business in the litter box. Cleaning a litter box is a quick, painless procedure. Cats also take care of their own grooming. Bathing a cat is almost never necessary because under ordinary circumstances cats clean themselves. Cats are more particular about personal cleanliness than people are. In addition, cats can be left home alone for a few hours without fear. Unlike some pets, most cats will not destroy the furnishings when left alone. They are content to go about their usual activities until their owners return.

Cats are low maintenance, civilized companions. People who have small living quarters or less time for pet care should appreciate these characteristics of cats. However, many people who have plenty of space and time still opt to have a cat because they love the cat personality. In many ways, cats are the ideal housepet.

My conclusion? Plagiarism doesn't pay, especially off the first Google link and in a topic unrelated. What you should learn, however, is that: ixnay, Zylka, or Smiley, you need to do your classwork yourself instead of asking an Apolytoner to do it for you.
Kill everyone.
-----------------

The best way to mitigate the worst excesses of consumer culture can be answered in three parts. Each part is very important and must be done with great skill and strategy as to amply address each part within a timely manner. The first part would be to identify the worst excess of consumer culture, as well as to define whatever the hell that means. The second part would require a monkey, a unicycle, a truck load of cheeseburgers, and Zylka in a toto. The third part would be to ensure that the monkey does not get offended by or jealous of Zylka… The rest will come naturally.
-----------------

Get Ming fired to stop the worst evils of advertising
-----------------

Dont buy stuff.

Last edited by :) Smiley; September 26, 2003 at 01:18.
Old September 26, 2003, 01:29   #64
TimeTraveler
Warlord

Local Time: 03:55
If I was aware of this contest, and knew how to post pictures, I think I would have really enjoyed drawing and posting a picture of a partially hovering tank with reflective armor and laser rifles.
Oh, well.
Old September 26, 2003, 17:22   #65
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 02:55
So what's the tally of the scores?
Old September 26, 2003, 17:28   #66
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 09:55
3? that star tank got 3? 3? freaking 3?

You suck. This whole thing sucks.
Old September 26, 2003, 17:44   #67
Tuberski

How can I get 0 for a question?

That's stupid.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old September 26, 2003, 17:50   #68
Japher
Emperor

Local Time: 08:55
Quote:
ACK! PPTTHHHHBBBTTT!
I wonder whose essay this is

but I think it's dead on
Old September 26, 2003, 17:57   #69
Tuberski

Me too, but it was worth exactly 0 points.

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old September 26, 2003, 18:08   #70
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Just a few critiques.

1. You need a system that rewards effort moreso than those who posted nothing.

Now, if 13 posters all submitted a blank page of a 'camoflaged Siberian tank during the winter', they ought to receive 13 points.

No submission at all should recieve 0.

If a person gives an answer, and he is the only one with that answer he should also get 1 point, and not 0.
Old September 26, 2003, 18:19   #71
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

I agree with the latter
Old September 26, 2003, 18:20   #72
Emperor

In response to that, people who are the only one to raise a certain point in the essay don't get points for those points because doing so would encourage laundry listing.

This contest isn't about effort, it's about stupidity. I have tried to balance the two.
Old September 26, 2003, 18:32   #73
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

ANSWERS! The white coats have found me and are trying to wrench me away from the keyboard. I don't know how much longer I can ho
Old September 26, 2003, 18:34   #74
Straybow
Civilization II Succession GamesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

I really missed points by not Zylka-ing 6,7,8.

I guess I got 13 on the tank, but I thought I sent a picture… I'll have to check the address. If I got the address wrong that's pretty stupid, and then I suppose I deserve 13
Old September 26, 2003, 18:37   #75
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

where is the tally of what everyone made!?
Old September 26, 2003, 18:48   #76
Emperor

The Andy-Man 20
Theban 32
Japher 33
ADG 33
Shi Huangdi 36
Ben Kenobi 36
Atahualpa 36
Boshko 38
mrmitchell 41
St Leo 41
wernazuma 42
Tuberski 42
Jaguar Warrior 46
stefu 49
immortal wombat 50

Five others even more dumber than dirt whose scores will be announced shortly...
Skanky Burns
Skywalker
Spencer H
Straybow
Zylka
Old September 26, 2003, 19:27   #77
Straybow
Civilization II Succession GamesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Second? Oh wait, that's alphabetical.
Old September 26, 2003, 19:31   #78
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Smiley

Five others even more dumber than dirt whose scores will be announced shortly...
Skanky Burns
Skywalker
Spencer H
Straybow
Zylka
Yeah baby!!

I'd like to point out to those who didnt get the joke, that my answer to the song question

Q: What is the best Dance Dance Revolution song?

was in fact The Internationale (Disco Remix)
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Last edited by SpencerH; September 26, 2003 at 19:36.
Old September 26, 2003, 19:43   #79
Straybow
Emperor

I still don't get the joke… Who the heck is DDR?
Old September 26, 2003, 20:11   #80
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I... won
Old September 26, 2003, 20:15   #81
mrmitchell
King

4th time right? Congratulations
Old September 26, 2003, 20:17   #82
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

ta.

I'll let Zylka organise the next one. I know he wants to, and he might manage to make it FUN.
Old September 26, 2003, 20:58   #83
Straybow
Emperor

No, IW, you are 6th. He hasn't release the positions of the top 5 respondants.

Doofus
Old September 26, 2003, 21:03   #84
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

dumber = higher score?

what a crap post.
Old September 26, 2003, 21:26   #85
Emperor

well of course... what else do you think it would mean?

The following 3 are tied at 54 points:
Spencer H
Straybow
Skywalker

Two other people have scores in the 60s.
Old September 27, 2003, 04:05   #86
Emperor

and now the final results...

In second place, with a score of 60, is Z****.

Coming in first with a score of 62 is Skanky Burns! Congratulations!

Thank goodness for the essay question, otherwise the Zylk would of won.
Old September 27, 2003, 09:29   #87
The Andy-Man
Prince

I came last
Old September 27, 2003, 13:29   #88
St Leo
Scenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 04:55
These are not the winners you are looking for. We may pass.
Old September 27, 2003, 18:36   #89
badams52
King

Local Time: 00:55
Quote:
Originally posted by Straybow
I really missed points by not Zylka-ing 6,7,8.
I've noticed that enough people answer questions about Apolytoners with Zylka that that answer is usually the winner.

Of course now that I've said this, will it skew future answers that way even more so?
Old September 28, 2003, 06:14   #90
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 19:55
Wow.

Theres a first for everything, apparently.