Old September 25, 2003, 22:59   #91
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 04:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by GodKing
Heck - it was only date #4 IIRC. Life just gets stranger and stranger.
Wow how much did she think she had invested in you to be so upset?
Old September 25, 2003, 23:49   #92
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 01:58
The voting for the second turn block is finished and Konquest02 is the choice. Congratulations Konquest02. The third turn block will be posted in a new DAR thread. Everyone will have 5 days to complete the third turn block. That means the DARs will need to be posted by 23:59 EST Tuesday the 30th.
Old September 25, 2003, 23:54   #93
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
AAARRGGHH!!

First, thanks to you all for the honorable mention... AND putting up with me being a PITA.

More importantly (and yes, I am a persistent bugger), coming off the first block I put my ALL into this last piece.

Not to bang on Kon, but REALLY would like people to take another look at my save, especially with my latest comments / explanations.

[1. I like Kon's game too, and will be fine playing that if that's the choice]

[2. Sorry for continuing to be contrary, and a voter for my own game... that's just me]

[3. This game has been helping me to define the type of player that I am... it goes back to my Seven Pillars thread, in a way... I want to be able to project 'power', in some way, across thegame, as soon as possible. Cool... learning for me too.]

A new thought: I haven't been comfortable with the idea of 'concept teams' competing with each other. I love how the different teams are judging each other, but what if if we took it one step further? Say, at Turn 100, we all switched, and played a block of another team's game:

Just rambling.
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 25, 2003, 23:56   #94
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I'll take another look at your game, Theseus (although I've not officially commented on it yet...).

Check your PMs, by the way.

Dominae
Old September 26, 2003, 01:17   #95
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I find it fine to see someone stand up for there game. In a positive manner. Often several games are very close to each other. Also people have prefered style of play and if your game does not fit woth it, it is not seen in the same positive light that anothers will. It is not unreasonable, nor any ill reflection.
Old September 26, 2003, 01:25   #96
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by vmxa1
I find it fine to see someone stand up for there game. In a positive manner. Often several games are very close to each other. Also people have prefered style of play and if your game does not fit woth it, it is not seen in the same positive light that anothers will. It is not unreasonable, nor any ill reflection.
Nope, no ill reflection at all. I find the wide range of styles of play very healthy in this game as everyone is providing a wide range of "hows" and "whys". All are valid, and I certainly understand the desire to hold onto everyone's own style of play, but I think part of the beauty of this game is that everyone is getting exposed to different styles of play from the turn blocks they've been given this past week.
Old September 26, 2003, 01:41   #97
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:58
why was my save not chosen!!!

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 26, 2003, 03:28   #98
Nor Me
Apolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 08:58
Theseus, it's not that your save isn't good. It's more that the military you're aiming for is overkill for this map and level. At a higher difficulty level, it'd be much better.

I think Kon can expand faster than you and still keep Japan and America contained. You'd be expandind more slowly and able to do what you want with them. If you could get more out of attacking, especially in the way of cities, you'd be better.

Master Zen, the competition was tough. Kon did more damage to America and had more cities.
Old September 26, 2003, 03:41   #99
Nor Me
Apolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 08:58
Theseus, what I meant is that in a similar position on Emperor or Deity or on a pangaea, I probably would have chosen your save.
On a pangaea, those chariots would be able to reach everyone as horsemen or ansars. On a higher difficulty level, the AIs would leave you less room to expand and give you more when you attack them with a bigger militray than is needed more.

This situation just favours the builder and expansion. The style is a good one. It does acheive your aim of projecting power.
Old September 26, 2003, 04:07   #100
Master Zen
PtWDG Glory of WarApolytoners Hall of FameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin LoversC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 02:58
Quote:
Originally posted by Nor Me
Master Zen, the competition was tough. Kon did more damage to America and had more cities.
Hehe I was just joking. I kinda rushed through this round to post my DAR which I think served its purpose well. Practically everyone's save was far better than mine this time around, well done guys

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)
Old September 26, 2003, 07:57   #101
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Theseus
AAARRGGHH!!

First, thanks to you all for the honorable mention... AND putting up with me being a PITA.

More importantly (and yes, I am a persistent bugger), coming off the first block I put my ALL into this last piece.

Not to bang on Kon, but REALLY would like people to take another look at my save, especially with my latest comments / explanations.

[1. I like Kon's game too, and will be fine playing that if that's the choice]

[2. Sorry for continuing to be contrary, and a voter for my own game... that's just me]

[3. This game has been helping me to define the type of player that I am... it goes back to my Seven Pillars thread, in a way... I want to be able to project 'power', in some way, across thegame, as soon as possible. Cool... learning for me too.]

A new thought: I haven't been comfortable with the idea of 'concept teams' competing with each other. I love how the different teams are judging each other, but what if if we took it one step further? Say, at Turn 100, we all switched, and played a block of another team's game:

Just rambling.
Theseus - N/P. If its any consolation, I REALLY thought I had the best round. From both an infrastructure and a military perspective.

But, I like Kon's game as well, and on with the game.
Old September 26, 2003, 15:47   #102
Theseus
PtWDG Gathering StormApolyton UniversityApolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG Gathering StormApolyCon 06 Participants
Emperor

Location: The warmonger formerly known as rpodos. Gathering Storm!
So in the first round I got dinged for not being military enough, and in the second for being too much so?

And isn't our theme domination?

Ahhh, whatever. Congrats Kon!!

As Regis would say: "Let's PLAY."
The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.
Old September 26, 2003, 15:51   #103
TheArsenal
Apolyton University
Prince

At least people aren't "tut tut-ing" your saves.

Kon's looks good though, good position to move forward. I'll probably tackle this one tonight.
Old September 26, 2003, 17:08   #104
Konquest02
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Vox ControliApolyton University
Prince

Local Time: 03:58
Thanks guys for voting for me...

@Theseus: I have no problem in you promoting your game like you do. Honnestly, I thought your game could have been chosen (or at least get more votes than me) anytime. Your "campaign" on Japan was pretty effective and your military buildup was impressive.

I think all of our saves were pretty equal, we just chose different paths....

So, let's kick some butt!!!

--Kon--