Old September 22, 2003, 13:26   #1
cavebear
Civilization II Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 04:07
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Attacking Washington
The original plan was to strike Washington with Diplomats (to take down the City Walls) and then assault it with Cannons to kill the defenders. We don't have any Diplomats yet, and it would take several sessions to build or deliver enough for that plan to work.

An alternative would be to simply blast the defenders through the City Walls with Cannons and then assualt the survivors with the Musketeers or Fanatics who accompany the Cannons to protect them.

Vet Cannons will not usually kill Musketeers in City Walls, but they will weaken them almost to death. The American Musketeers are all upgrades from Leo's, so they won't be Vets. If we had a Cannon with a Musketeer or Fanatic for each defending city defender Musketeer (the best the Americans have at the moment), we should be able to take Washington. I expect the Americans have 3 or 4 Musketeers in every core city; and they might have a Cannon or 2 (but they lost a lot attacking Sheol).

My conclusion is that we can capture the city with Cannon faster than waiting for enough Diplomats to take out the City Walls. I think we need 5 pairs and a Diplomat to investigate the city before we attack.

Thoughts?
Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old September 22, 2003, 13:56   #2
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 11:07
Washington is currently building Eifel witch should only work in our advantage.

We have 4 vet cannons in the west and 3 cannons (2 vets) in Sheol with another one being build.

I would say use all 8 cannons in the attack, they should have no more then 4 regular Musks so this way we know for sure we'll capture it in one turn.

We can take 1-2 musks from Sheol and the musk from the fort north of Boston for cover.
(We have more units comming in from the west who can take the open spot in the fort.)
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	washington.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	53775  
Old September 22, 2003, 21:59   #3
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Just make sure that they don't get conscription. If that happens we will need to take down the city walls.
Old September 22, 2003, 22:19   #4
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 21:07
Moving units over the hills from Sheol sounds good,but how will we adequately protect the Cannons N of Boston on their way to the White House?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old September 23, 2003, 10:02   #5
cavebear
Emperor

I posted this pic on the Boston thread, but it really belongs here:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1758washingtonattack2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	53820  
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Old September 23, 2003, 12:42   #6
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 11:07
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Moving units over the hills from Sheol sounds good,but how will we adequately protect the Cannons N of Boston on their way to the White House?
Just dont come too close to Boston and send along a dip to bribe any opposing unit. We can also have our Crusader watch our flank while we move the units.
Old September 23, 2003, 17:11   #7
Zedd
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 05:07
I posted this in the boston thread but it applys here. During the session the PResident made the remark that there was alot of enemy activity around Seol, Do we have another unit besides the Diplo that can scout ahead of the cannons? I would hate to loose 4 cannons to a american knight. (its happened )
Old September 23, 2003, 17:20   #8
cavebear
Emperor

The Cannon in Sheol should change to a Diplomat so it can watch 2 tiles ahead of our moving Cannon.

Last edited by cavebear; September 23, 2003 at 17:31.