Old September 29, 2003, 12:18   #31
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 02:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'd guess because they live in Washington D.C. and really know nothing about what the people of California want.
Christianity is the belief in a cosmic Jewish zombie who can give us eternal life if we symbolically eat his flesh and blood and telepathically tell him that we accept him as our lord and master so he can remove an evil force present in all humanity because a woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from an apple tree.
Old September 29, 2003, 13:14   #32
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 01:26
Quote:
Originally posted by Odin
I doubt the accuracy of this poll, All the other polls I've seen on TV show Bustamonte ahead and recalling Davis about 50/50. You just picked the poll that favors your side the most, Diplo.

NO on the recall, YES for Bustamonte!
The reason I heard that this poll shows a huge lead for Arnold is that they are basing on the fact that their will be a 50% voter turn out or more. They say too in the news that Democratic traking polls also show the recall yes vote and Arnold leading. So I dont dissregard this poll, I am waiting to see what other polls will show in the coming days.

I think the fact the recall was 50/50 was that one people thought that Bustamonte was going to win, and would rather vote no on the recall then have him. This is true of a lot of Republicans.

But after seeing in the debate the Arnold is not a total idiot and knows the major issues, and all the endorsements he got from republicans this gave him the lead he has and now more people are voting yes on recall because it looks like Bustamonte is not going to win after all.
Old September 29, 2003, 13:17   #33
Jack_www
Civilization III MultiplayerPtWDG LegolandNationStatesNever Ending StoriesRise of Nations MultiplayerC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Odin

The companies that make them are in the Republicans' pockets, I wouldn't be suprised if they were rigged, why do you think they were made without a paper record? To hide the evidence.
Yeah it is a Republican plot all across the country to change the result of elections to their favor. Pretty soon we will see all local, state and federal government controlled by the evil republicans.

Old September 29, 2003, 13:19   #34
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
I was watching a news talk show this weekend. The "conventional wisdom" traveling the circles in Washington was that Arnie shot himself in the foot by engaging in verbal battles with the shrill Huffington. They all expected Arnie to take a big hit in the polls.

We, they were completely wrong.

Now, the question is, why were they so far off the mark?
Because the talking heads on the news have no clue of what they are talking about, and are just there to fill the air time.
Old September 29, 2003, 13:22   #35
Jack_www
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Wiglaf

He has never said he is a collectanator. You were hallucinating or something. Give me proof, from FOX or something, if you really know what you're talking about. Even if he did say that, though, it's no dumber than Davis making fun of his accent, or Ariana Huffingstuffin claiming that California owes its debt to the Bush administration.

You think Swarzenegger is a joke? I will tell you who is a joke, Gray Davis and his henchman Bustamante. They are addicted to spending, addicted to statewide poverty and blackouts. Davis gives drivers licenses to whoever can vote for him. HE IS A CRIMINAL. And now they want you to vote against Arnold? Someone who knows how to handle the big bucks but isn't politically corrupt? COME ON.
I heard him on the radio when he said he would be the "collectanator." I too dont think the stuff he said was that bad, I thought is was funny myself.
People are going to decide to vote or not vote for him because he said he was the "collectanator"? That is just stupid if you ask me.
Old September 29, 2003, 13:28   #36
pchang
King

Local Time: 09:26
Classic
This comes from the Sacramento Bee (almost always a supporter of Democrats)

Californians "have come to understand that the candidate who in 1998 offered 'experience that money can't buy' has proved to be a governor who can at least be occasionally rented."

However, they still endorse a no on the recall vote.

Davis is being damned with faint praise, even from allies.

If social security were private, it would be prosecuted as a Ponzi scheme.
Old September 29, 2003, 13:33   #37
Jack_www
King

Anther way that I know that Arnold is ahead in the polls is the Davis attack aids that have come out attacking Arnold. He would not be attacking Arnold if Bustamonte was leading and no vote on the recall was ahead. Gray Davis is no position to complain that Arnold wont debate. He did the same exact thing Arnold did in the last election.

If I were Arnold I would debate him so I could make a fool of Davis on national TV. But I know he wont when he has a commanding lead in the polls. They are trying to play it safe with Arnold.
Old September 29, 2003, 13:41   #38
Jack_www
King

I bet Davis would not being doing this if McClintock was the front runner. He would never stand a chance against him.
Old September 29, 2003, 13:50   #39
Jack_www
King

Re: Classic
Quote:
Originally posted by pchang
This comes from the Sacramento Bee (almost always a supporter of Democrats)

Californians "have come to understand that the candidate who in 1998 offered 'experience that money can't buy' has proved to be a governor who can at least be occasionally rented."

However, they still endorse a no on the recall vote.

Davis is being damned with faint praise, even from allies.
Yeah, even his allies dont even try to defend what he has done to the state.
Old September 29, 2003, 14:08   #40
Japher
Emperor

Local Time: 09:26
Davis and Cruz are bot a-holes...

I'll vote for Arnold, since he has the best chance of winning, and he is not Gray or Busta
Old September 29, 2003, 14:57   #41
Saint Marcus
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 10:26
Arnie!

Cause he's from Europe.

Old September 29, 2003, 14:58   #42
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 04:26
So you like Austrian populists?
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old September 29, 2003, 14:58   #43
Saint Marcus
King

and on that note...

...can someone tell me why is accent is so thick?

He has lived in the US for decades now, and he still has an accent much worse than my own even.
Old September 29, 2003, 15:03   #44
Ned
King

Saint Marcus, who knows. But anyway, its his trademark. We LOVE Arnie's accent.

Besides, have you heard Kissinger lately? He must be 80, but his thick German accent hasn't changed one iota.
Old September 29, 2003, 15:30   #45
Saint Marcus
King

Quote:
So you like Austrian populists?
Well no, just look at Haider.

But I'd take an Austrian populist over an American Neo-Conservative.

Quote:
Saint Marcus, who knows. But anyway, its his trademark. We LOVE Arnie's accent.
Well yes, you Americans just totally dig accents. But is it his choice to speak the way he does (trademark thing), or is he really incapable of speaking a more neutral form of English?
Old September 29, 2003, 15:34   #46
Ned
King

I think he cannot speak any better. But, heck, the avearge Californian, it seems, has a foreign accent of some sort or another. Even Huffington, one of the other candidates, has a thick accent.