DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 19:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Re: The Madness of King George
Quote:
Originally posted by OzzyKP
I am slowly going crazy, 1-2-3-4-5-6 switch,
Crazy going slowly am I, 6-5-4-3-2-1 switch.

well if that dont confuse them nothing willll!!!!
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old December 2, 2003, 11:46   #332
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 05:26
The madness of King George continued to worsen. He began issuing ridiculous edicts and creating strange holidays. Tuesday became Pudding Hat day, where everyone was expected to wear pudding as a hat. While rare, some citizens were executed for refusing. King George also insisted all his advisors and palace workers wear togas.

Despite his bizzare actions those around him managed the nation handily. Placating their crazy King as best they could while ignoring his strange commands. Except for the toga thing, they kinda liked that.

The plan begun by Queen Elizabeth to focus the nation's resources on building projects continued under the watch of King George's advisors. The Bank of Britain financed much of the construction but taxes remained at a historic high to pay for it all. This was done at the expense of all other priorities such as science or luxuries.

Britain was always second rate among the world powers, and some felt this neglection of science would doom Britain in the long run. However the policy continued on.

Finally the great English scientist Sir Isaac Newton returned to his homeland after spending long years teaching in India. He was shocked by the neglect his home payed to his cheif discipline and vowed to change it. He called a meeting with the King and his top advisor, William Pitt.

Newton - "Your highness, we must invest more resources into science. The other nations are passing us by."
Pitt - "We have other priorities, we just can't..."
George - "He addressed me!"
Pitt - "I am sorry your highness."
George - "So, other nations are passing us by. I hate to be passed. Did they signal?"
Newton - "Uh.. no it seems they didn't signal. No warning at all."
George - "Not even a head nod or a sorry wave?"
Newton - "Um... I suppose not, sir."
George - "Those bastards! Pitt, something must be done about this."
Pitt - "But sir, we must carry on with the building program your mother started. This our key to advancement in the world. This way we can pass the others and... flip them off while doing it."
George - "Oh goodie, I like the sound of that."
Newton - "Sir, if we focus on science we can invent many marvelous things. Bold steps into the future. Time saving and money saving devices. The possabilities are endless."
George - "Hmmm. New pudding flavors?"
Newton - "Uhm.. yes I suppose we could invent new pudding flavors."
George - "Oh goodie! Thats even better than passing the world. Newton get right on that. Pitt, do what you can to assist Newton, I am appointing him Grand Pudding Marshall. This project must be given top priority."
Pitt - "But sir!"
George - "Just do it! And get this man a toga."

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old December 2, 2003, 12:17   #333
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Sir Isaac Newton, the newly named Grand Pudding Marshall and William Pitt went to work on a plan to get caught up in science with the rest of the world.

British scientists like Robert Fulton, James Watt, George Stephenson, and Charles Darwin had been hard at work for decades but with such limited funding they had not invented anything. In fact in the whole British nation no new scientific breakthroughs or advances had been discovered in hundreds of years. Despite this, Newton believed his team of scientists had real promise.

The budget was increased incredibly for science. Watt, Stephenson and Fulton were given a great new lab with all the latest equipment to begin their mechanical experiments. Darwin was finally sent on his long talked about voyage to the Haven Islands, a joint project with the Serbs.

The science team was extremely close to a breakthrough when they began collaboration with the Serbs. After turning them onto the power of steam, the British team rapidly found a practical use for steam engines and built the first railroad the western world had ever seen.

They presented their find to the King. Unfortunately it was Pudding Day.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	railroad2.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	58583  

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old December 2, 2003, 12:45   #334
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

The Great Leap Forward
Under the guidance of Sir Isaac Newton, William Pitt, and their team of diplomats and scientists the British made a great leap forward during the reign of King George.

Just a few years after the discovery of railroad Charles Darwin returned from his trip to the Haven Islands. He wrote and published his book "On the Origin of Species" and opened the scientific floodgates in Christendom. The Serbs and British quickly put their principles of mechanics and steam to use and the Industrial Revolution was sparked.

Within a few short years the British had come from being the most technologically backwards nation on the planet, to one of its most advanced and innovative. Instead of buying technology off of others, they actually had advanced technology that other nations were willing to trade for. Such an amazing change in bargining power and prestige.

The Chinese were the first to approach Pitt. They offered the British several advanced technologies and concepts in exchange for railroad and bridge building. Pitt happily obligdged. They even introduced Peanuts and Peanut Butter to the British. The King was very pleased with the introduction of peanut butter flavored pudding.

Subsequent deals with their Serb partners led to the final acquisition of nearly all the world's learning. It is believed that even the Indians, Chinese and Azandine now are behind the amazing British in technology.

This amazing feat, to come from last to first in the matter of a few years will go down in history as the Great Leap Forward. No other nation has made such a huge technological leap in such a short period of time. King George sent an official letter to the Serbs, Chinese, and Charles Darwin (now living in Serbia) thanking them for their part in the amazing leap the British took which led to great technology such as Industrialization and Peanut Butter Pudding. In all 14 new technologies were acquired during the reign of King George, with another promised technology on the way.

Sir Isaac Newton and Sir William Pitt were given the highest honors civilians can receive. Newton returned to Delhi to continue teaching, and Pitt continued to lead...erm, I mean advise the British government.

Last edited by OzzyKP; December 2, 2003 at 12:53.
Old December 2, 2003, 13:35   #335
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

the census figured revealed yet asgain that egypt was smallest in all demographics.........

smallest population , smallest land area, lowest literacy....

Hmm me wonders what the english ever had to complain about.....
Old December 2, 2003, 23:49   #336
Zylka
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesApolytoners Hall of Fame
King

Local Time: 09:26
Journal of TarTartian head communicative advisor Malak:

Winter of 920 (after death of our savior), I find myself in a rather odd situation of congressional duty. It seems that my superior Marshall Winzity, in full stride of his own national aim - has hired a mercenary from the sparse Americas to henceforth command as head General. Akleyzze they call him; a young and ferociously Christian "leader" of sorts who the Marshall prefers as "a fitting choice for our growing national culture, religion, and needs of defence".

When I say "they" I refer to the rest of the world - for myself, our leader, and perhaps only the few who surround this new figurehead - know well otherwise. He is non other than general Zylka; that which served under a like contract for the Egyptian empire until "assasinated", apparently in faked response to a growing love for the man which he would not accept as role of duty. Now Raz remains unaware and back in control of HIS reflectingly pitiful empire, persecuting fellow Christians on horrific scale, and erasing memory of a promising past through increasingly dated tyranny. Considerably pressing is my job to advise Zylka of such happenings of his year long, uninformed journey to the Skara in which we meet.

Which brings to a rather odd description of such travel. Rather than heading a direct route to the Siberian half of our nation from his home area (which, as I understand stands in/around the global coordinates of 181, 29) - The General had instead chosen to traverse opposite route across uninhabited America for Atlantic depature. Launching from the port of Halifax as ordinary English citizens bound for old world travel, his entourage arrived at the Baltic inlet harbour of Sombor - much to the surprise of Serbian officials there. Yet with official documentation written up by the governor of Kosovo - the party was proven to have previously purchased passage through the roads of northern Serbia for a cashe of the highest grade armor and rare "battle powder" (both most probably used to reinforce the current offensive against Chinese San Francisco).

I today await his formally scheduled arrival in our own lands; the following tour of Skara, The Udal, and Trondheim I must give - and the initiation of my new task to relay between the General and Marshall Winzity. It is to be kept secret to the world, even to those under my own command - the identity of the former.

Last edited by Zylka; December 2, 2003 at 23:55.
Old December 3, 2003, 00:22   #337
Zylka
King

Journal continued, during night of the same day:

They have arrived with punctuality, and have more than impressed our citizens in appearance and demeanor. The entire horsebacked squad strolled in a rather fearsome display for the city, yet a comforting one at the same time - in that it comes from who WE the TarTars employ. Each man in the smallish unit wore the incredible armor desired yet unavailable to every Empire across the globe; Thin, light yet incredibly mobile and durable carved whalebone link. The ornately crafted surface of the structure is draped with what seems just enough a curtain mesh of "titanium" thin plating - a supposed hidden metal in tribal America mountains no amount of bribery has been able to lure educating upon.

In any case, our soldiers were not to be outshown in dignity, - and I emerged from our well disciplined line of rifle barers to ask for "Akleyzze".

He (Zylka, that is) emerged at casual pace - a 6 foot plus, sculpted jaw & cheek of a man.. seemingly with just enough a frame to draw and fire his pistol with speed of a rugged feline, before turning around to at face lance any ogre of a warrior with ease. As I'm told, a very, very modest man, as well.

We shook like gentlemen, I provided a warm and welcoming smile - yet he would not flinch; simply lay an emotionless human form of duty. This was not as one would expect insulting - it merely seemed an easily accepted reality of our state's dire situation. We proceeded into the nearby royal INN, and exchanged talk.
Old December 3, 2003, 01:37   #338
Zylka
King

The conversation

[...]

Malak: so what you're essentially saying is, Raz does know of the executed move to remove yourself alive?

Zylka: Indeed he does. I wrote several times to him upon changing situation of the Empire, yet the initial and most important letter described why this was done - and to what people we both owe the best outcome.

M: I see.. it is moreso then my sorrow in having to have informed you of what has transpired - such that you must see the wronged Christians as example of the opposite. What now shall I tell Winzity you have planned in vengence for your people?

Z: By what do you mean "my" people?

M: Well, certainly you wouldn't have relinquished control to Raz in hopes of THIS outcome.. and shall presume a bias with our own military even if in skirmish with Egypt. Raz has proven they certainly are not HIS people

Z: No, they are not his people. Nor are or were they mine. They are God's. Not just the Christians, the potential Christians, even the enemy. They are God's, and only he can show true judgement for such obviously false and inhuman actions regarding them. Yes we still fight, but we fight on just premise. We do not fight simply in accordance to past wrongs and the need to make an example. We fight for the future.

M: Is not the future making example of the past? Especially in the case of the totalitarean Egypt?

Z: Take a look around you, wise Malak - and the supposed "free" system of Fascism that is employed by your homeland. It is indeed constructing grounds for progression; especially the embracing of the people's thirst for Christianity. Yet when the small things matter.. The name of this very hotel we sit in is deemed necessary by state for change; I suppose to rid record of TarTar Monarch past. What does that ultimately say?

As for accountability by force - Not when outcome is weighted as detrimental to both sides, which is what a war with Egypt would be. It is what a war with anyone would be in this climate, let alone with this nation's lack of counter offensive specific military. War by stalemate, and petty attrition - is a war against the progression of both states, is a war against humanity.

[...]

M: So in essence, the Marshall requires that expansion of settlement base be conservative, and contained to homeland. This is especially desired when our vested interest outside is limited to Lane island in the caribean.

Z: Understood, although less ambitious a plan than I would normally desire.

M: Yes, we do understand your take on that situation, yet as a lower end empire we feel the risk of frivelous expansion is too great to stay alive. This is nothing as conservative as the Raz program though, you must realize. You still will have some freedom.

Z: That is acceptable.

M: Which actually brings me to a topic of much interest. What is the Raz program based upon? What notions did you see him working from personally?

Z: Well, those are all rather engrained and personified in his empire - as most should notice.

M: but Zylka... what I am rather asking... well, you see that

Z: Malak - he's a fool. Does that answer what you so tip toe around?

M: Well... of course, it does. We wonder much of his overall plan, and the extent to which Egypt was stunted. But what were the specific orders you recieved which describe his inability?

Z: I have not much desire to groan over a history lesson in lecturing obviousness - but it's simply this: In a violent world where the land is so limited to 7 teething Empires and countless minor tribes - there is NO room for (pun intended), NO acceptance of, and NO gain to medicority in settlement.

I have seen one of the most idiotic stances possible for the Empire of Egypt, given its nature of territory. Growth as a population power in this situation is only viable through strict wildfire accumulation of space. Not having acknowledged this, settler strain from lack of pure exponetionalism becomes apparent. The tiny and inept irrigation system is a nation wide denial of how crop hostile the unaltered home terrain is. Gaps can and must NOT be left in near corruption free spaces for settlement.

The leadership of that nation seems so simple minded, that it actually refuses the idea of harbour dependant cities in harsh terrain which are strict trade manifestations. Even the potential ripe jewel of Southern America has been left dead to possible accumulation of extremely available expansion. I sped such territory claim up (along with a starting of the long needed defensive/contaiment border structure along the only other firmly established SA empire). Yet Raz apparently sees the resultant without a concept of task for long term growth. He will probably send the settlers back home and allow appeasement land claims with a comparitvely small, homesick Andeze presence that has near nothing to back dissatisfaction up with.

Leaders without foresight speak for themselves in result - and with Egypt last in near all major demographics, Raz has clearly spoken.

M: Well, perhaps fitting views. The main purpose of Winzity's leave after all, is to scout the empty outer plains and northern vastness for potential add on to populated empire. Reform is needed, and this may be a small part of it.

Z: I do hope the best for your people that it is.

Last edited by Zylka; December 3, 2003 at 01:44.
Old December 3, 2003, 02:24   #339
Zylka
King

At this point, a pert brunette serving wench delivering Chittagongian wine for Malak and a mirror for Zylka is intrigued by what conversation she hears. She slips away to the adjacent coat/armor room and presses her delicate ear against a small hole in the dividing wall.

Z: Now Malak. I know it is your duty to press for as much information of my former employing Empire as possible, but this must - as much as my true identity; remain secret with Marshall Winzity only.

M: Of course, and I hope only you would see my integrity quicker than the trust you thus far display.

Z: Yes, as I must apologize.. it is a trait learned too young of age to immediately dispel, my friend.

In any case, although I have articulated disgust for Egyptian leadership to quite a degree - the overall situation becomes worse with only the most inside knowledge. You see Malak, although the personal decisions made by Raz are laughable at best - what you do not see is that the high and mighty "leader" of the Egyptians is at all other times merely a puppet of Nikola Pasic.

M: The Serbians? Our neighbours the Serbians? How.. you can't.. wh

Z: What I say is true, as I have no agenda in this discourse other than doing my job. The Serbian Empire has for all known history kept well through family powers the dark secret that Egypt is in essence a half extension of their own method, and will.

They are more than just friends. Greater Serbia has for centuries supplied knowledge and direction of internal control in Egypt only for Egyptian lack of confidence in doing so themselves.

M: Yet the Serbian Empire is a success.. how could you insinuate their hand in shaping a land you had just pointed out as needlessly dismal?

Z: I do not crudely suggest so. Nikola is a brilliant man, one I took pleasure working with - and for all realistic purposes his nation is currently the most powerful on earth. The public reports saying otherwise, are for the most part merely statistical chicanery of population applications. The main powers of the globe support these findings to stay in the shadows while expanding, the weaker ones acceptant of the same like an overweight nobleman unknowing what needs to be done for true success.

What I can say in a broad generalization - is that if left to sole control and ideology of Raz, Egypt would look even more pathetic today than it does with gifted hands scolding.

M: This scenario seems rather bizarre, Serbia dictating Egyptian affairs and AIDING them as such (even without the same nation intrinsic knowledge Raz himself has access to). But what does this have to do with the practical situation.. with the Serbs themselves, their intent?

Z: I know not that much as they are not apathetic enough to let foreign leaders dictate their actions and form. What I do know is that it is best for TarTar to strengthen ties with them dramatically, to re-evaluate current economic alliances with the bloated. Current relations left to stagnate only provide for war. And with current nature of forces, all you would have to do about it would be the aforementioned stalemate.

Do you care to fight an adjoining border campaign where neither side has ability to advance even into lands worth an eggshell?

M: Obviously not. As for Winzity? Anyway, on with things - and to my infrastructure report...

*The maid is thrilled with the her newly procured information. Yet she wonders if she can trust those who can not even stay sealed of social gossip and secrets of douching with this hot topic? Time, and the rest of the world - will tell*
Old December 3, 2003, 03:59   #340
Frank Johnson
Civilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesCivilization IV: Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 03:26
Somewhere in Tartardom....

On a snow covered roof top, crouches the barely distinguishable form of a ninja, clad in white cloth. He seems to be listening, and then silently jumps from the roof top into the deep woods......

Nationalist Troop Headquarters, Regional Capital, Bie Shinobi

Government offical: You understand why you've been given this post correct? Things in the artic circle are completely out of hand, Tartardom has been in anarchy for years, the Serbs have routed them and pulled back only becuase of our backroom negoitating! You've been given command of the largest garrison of troops short of San Fransisco, so just what have you been doing?

Young General: One who acts without an understanding of the situation at hand is a fool. I've been gathering information of course.

G.O.: What!?

A ninja drops down from the ceiling, previously undetected...

YG: Ah, here it is. The report on the new Tartar general.

G.O.: Do you think he understands the position he's in?

YG: reading... I'm not sure. There's alot of talk about Egypt here, and bloated empires, and befriending the Serbs.

G.O.: HA! So perhaps the will of Winzity has been completely by passed? What kind of leader befriends an enemy who slaughtered thousands of his people, and turns on the only nation willing to help them?

YG: I'm not sure but there's the possiblity that is what he is intent on. After all he's a foreigner, and a foreigner from Serbian Kosovo no less. I don't know if there's enough time for him to grasp the entire history of the country he's to command. His country is built on a model of economic trade, and yet he seems to favor the Rural Serbian methods.

G.O.: Every solider that carries a rifle in the Tartar army understands the relationship between China and Tartardom. Each rifle they weild carries the stamp of a Chinese Imperial Workshop! Without our support.....

YG: The common folk understand, but this man rides with his own body guards and would probably perfer to fight on horseback like a Serb. With pistols if he must and a sword if he can.

G.O.: We've already given up most of our ambitions in the artic circle. Its clear that its a Tartar sphere of influance, but we're here as a forward base and trading post. Replacing cities lost in the war with serbia with ones built by our own hands.....its a difficult thing to do. But we did it all the same. This place is all that is left. I wonder if he understand that sacrifice as well?

YG: Apparently not. He seems to think somehow the dark forests of Siberia will be his economic salvation while the Europeans gult themselves on rich lands in the new world...

G.O.: But, this is not good.

YG: Some people are currently inflatuated with Serbia's new found power. We shouldn't underestimate it, but its a power they have only a limited time frame to act on, and they have hardly anyone in range to use it on whom they don't already pull the strings of behind the scenes. They're missing the next trend in military power.

G.O.: You're so sure?

YG: Definately. You know the legends right? Mysterious founders of the 7 civilizations? While all of them were said to weild great power, the Chinese deity was said to have written the laws of the heavens with his own hands! Our leaders through the ages have benefited from this knowledge. The next great revolution in military power will be at sea, not on land.

G.O.: Then why did you accept this post?

YG: You're full of questions aren't you? We may have written the laws of the heavens, but I still can't change the fact that Marshall Winzity is gone and someone else is in his place. Things could become difficult for us, all we've done will probably be ignored in favor of this temporary love affiar.

G.O.: We've increased spending on military efforts. That trend will only continue. We have a new plan to feild more and more troops and weaponry shortly. You'll certainly have your fair share of troops should the situation call for it.

YG: You've set my mind at ease sir. I will be ready at all times, of that you can be certain.
Old December 3, 2003, 05:21   #341
Zylka
King

~A direct letter to the house of Beijing from General Akylezze~

Addressed to all Leaders, Generals and elected officials of the grande Chinese empire

I am under first assumed international priority writing to you of future relations between our two states during Marshall Winzity's leave of scouting. In basic geographic terms of the Da Bai situation, I was initially weary of your own regard for this nation's well being - for a fear of disrespectful appropriation.

Yet upon my enacting a census calculation amongst national business, an outcome that a stunning 82% of TarTar international trade relies on Tar-Cino ties and product exchange changed that surface based view. The crash course learning of Tartian language has also provided with it a detailed and intimate learning of local history which I was previously aware of only by trade wind rumour and distant Egyptian bias.

Now with such knowledge acquired and trust by length affirmed via Marshall Winzity, I ask a few clarifications in our cooperative direction for the future.

A - Regarding the mentioned economic ties, it is stunning to see such reliance on and faith of Chinese crafstmanship nationwide. Yet as I have been briefed, four new national caravan projects are on destination in your lands today alone. I regrettably see no direct Chinese efforts to establish like systems - only to subside on the resulting benefits and private continuation. Would it not be most beneficial for both our lands if the establishment of system were doubled by your own equal contribution? I may be able to additionally match any commitments by diverting active intent from the Indians - who seem in the same boat of recievership.

B - The Serbian question. What are your views of this Behemoth's neighbour status with ourselves - and what can you offer as offset to our own TarTar isolation of them? (Definitely compliant with point A), This is particularly important in any case of possible war in the Urals - if you desire us to continue lead networking of future trade during such times.

On a side note, I would caution you to put on exceeding alert your forces in San Francisco - their Serbian foes have prior recieved direct training and Titanium armor in Kosovo from my North Vanquover home tribe.

C - China's hollistic direction, of which Winzity seems not to have pressed. I in any case of life desire a strong ally by which to at least semi coordinate plan; and can offer my own brief direction in honest detail. This of course is not matter if you desire not to divulge with the Marshall upon his return, yet as the rest is simply offer.

Please respond outside of open mail, which is prone to more ears than one tries to discipline. A closed meeting in either Eastness or Roskilde would do fine, unless your party desires at home. In your response provide for myself a few weeks travel to meet the Chinese representatives personally at whichever location.

Sincerely,
General Akylezze
Old December 3, 2003, 09:55   #342
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

"So where does this leave us Mohammad?" Asked Emporer Rasputin as he studied the Field Marchalls reports on change sin Tartardom.

Field Marshall Mohammad ws in charge of Foreign Affairs and was third in line to the Emporer.

"Sir, the escpae of Zylka to the Tartars is highly suspicious. Our attempt to kill him failed apparently. Now he is releasing propoganda to the world. The Spreading of lies does not cease."

"Yes the world would hav ethanksed us if he had died"

"Yes sir, well now it seems he is planning on allying with our enemy the Sebs and spreading his Chrisitiany to the land of the Tartars."

"Those Christians have no sense of national pride, it is all money and greed to them"

"Yes sir, well we will now need to adjust our stance with the Tartars accordingly. Seems the Chinsese are still closley alligned with us sir and we know we can trust them, they wont accept Christianity into their midst"

"Good, well to prevent Zylka attemtpting to spread more lies about us we will need to mobilise our armies in the East"

"Yes sir i have already given that order"

"I will go speak wit hother world leaders and discuss this change in the balance of power. We cannot allow the Serbs and Tartars to unite. It will leave us exposed in Asia and we know how the christians have dealt throughout history with the rest of humanity."

"Yes sir, we need common sense to prevail and not this propoganda and lies"

"Well i will leave immediatly to see the Azande and the Chinese. Once i know where they stand on the Tripart agreement of the Christians manipualting the world, the English , serbs and tartars would be a force to be reckoned with"

"Wel lthe Great Raz will bless our endevours to keep the world clean and pure"

"Yes in the Name of the Great Raz we must take whatever action is necessary to protect Razlamics in Asia.
Old December 3, 2003, 18:52   #343
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

The massive building campaign undertaken by King Henry, Queen Elizabeth and King George hasn't only upset the scientists. The high tax burden has upset many citizens, especially in the American colonies...

S. Adams - "Who goes there?"
Jefferson - "Its me, Thomas."
S. Adams - "Good we are all here. I call this meeting of the Sons of Liberty to order. First item is officer reports. President Washington, you have the floor."
Washington - "Things are moving along in the colonies. We now have chapters from Halifax to Houston."
Henry - "We've got a presense in Houston now? Who is leading that?"
Washington - "A fellow by the name of George Bush. Has a lot of passion, but I'm not sure I trust him. Anyways he has done some good stuff organizing resistance in Texas. We now have several thousand committed men all across the colonies ready to take arms on a moment's notice. In addition to the colonies, Ben Franklin has been working with a Frenchman by the name of Robespierre to build support against the crown in Europe as well."
S. Adams - "Excellent work, George. Next would be Vice-President's report, but my cousin informs me he is unable to attend tonight's meeting. Said something about a Tea Party he had to attend. Beats me, but he said he'd give us all an update after it was over. Onto Treasurer's report, Mr. Hamilton."
Hamilton - "Thank you. Our opperatives in the Bank of Britain continue to siphon off money from their opperations. They've got an ingenious system where all transactions that end in partial pence amounts are rounded down with the remainder transfered to our off-shore accounts in Sol. These funds as well as the generous donations we've been receiving are being used to buy Azande arms. General Washington can attest to their quality."
S. Adams - "Good connections with the bank, Alex. Ok, Secretary's report, Mr. Jefferson."
Jefferson - "Sorry I was late, had some matters to take of at Monticello."

**Alexander Hamilton whispers to James Madison, "Heh, no doubt those matters had to do with a certain Sally..."
"Heh, sshh, he'll hear." **

Jefferson - "I finished the minutes from last meeting, and I recruited Thomas Paine to do some propaganda for us and help incite the colonists to our cause."
S. Adams - "Good work. I can't wait to see some compelling pamphlets start circulating through the colonies. With the highest literacy rate in the world, I'm sure they will be effective. Moving onto the first agenda item- 'Plotting and Scheming' How about you start us off, George."

For some hours the group plotted and schemed in hushed tones. Washington's strong connections with the military stationed in the colonies ensured they would put up little fight in the case of a revolution. Things in Europe would be more touch-n-go, but Franklin sent his assurances Robespierre was putting things in motion over there. It wouldn't be long until they began. Hamilton's agenda item was the last to discuss at tonight's meeting.

S. Adams - "Ok, last agenda item, picking an insurance provider. Go ahead Alexander."
Hamilton - "Ok, I know you all don't usually like being bogged down in financial matters, but this is kinda important. We are gonna be starting a revolution here, so we just can't go with any life insurance policy out there."
Madison - "I got a friend, William Penn, he says we could get a good group rate through him. What other options are out there?"
Hamilton - "The two best I've seen are Liberty Mutual and Prudential. I like prudential, but their contract is very strict, some may be wary of chaining ourselves to one insurance provider."
Henry - "Is life insurance so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death!

There was a great clamor of agreement.

Hamilton - "Ok, so it is decided. We go with Liberty Mutual."

Old December 4, 2003, 01:15   #344
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 21:26
The Great Witch-In
The Uele were gone. Final signposting on their city was being finalised by the Azande.

The Azande were represented by their South Western African cities and their colonies in South America and the Atlantic.

The Azadine were represented by their Eastern African cities and their colonies in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.

The world was changing. New technologies were being discovered and distributed at a rapid pace.

The world had always been a place of some tension and a little war but never had it polarised into power blocs.

The traditional witchery of the Western Azande foresaw such a thing happening and sent word to the Azadine Forum. They requested a great meeting of all the mystic witches of old - a witch-in... and they did agree to meet in the old Uele city, now called Upper Azande.

This was the first time the Azadine ventured from their capital for such an occasion

Amidst a smoke filled courtyard and dimmed electric lighting the Azadine learned the secret of the Azande. They WERE from the stars as told in the legend! The settlers discovered eons ago in the western African deserts were the Azande, transported to this planet by their deity.

After much weed, discussion and sheer emotion the Azande and Azadine reailsed they had so much in common. The Azadine were immediate converts to the Deitian faith and all soon were praying for guidance from their deity. A trance like atmosphere developed, music was loud, drums were beating and a leader was born!

A flash of blinding light flared towards one of the witch doctors. She was called Lizard and her eyes beamed as she turned to face all those before her.

“I’ve have seen HIM. I now know. We must rejoice and combine forces to reach HIM. HE is in the stars. It will take much time but it must be done. HE has given much wisdom and it is important to know that OTHERS will be detractors. Other great nations will seek out and destroy other civilisations just for the sake of it – greed and empire. Such ambitions MUST BE quashed but above all the Azande will stay on course - to their greater glory!”

Lizard was their demi-god. She would unite these two great tribes under her Lizard shield. The world will know. The world will learn. Evil and deceit will be faced head on. All good peoples of the world will be protected from tyranny….

The Lizard shield…
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	azande-lizard-shield-.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	58736  
Old December 4, 2003, 01:19   #345
deity
Emperor

The Thousand Year Journey of the Azande
A reminder...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	azande_journey.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	58737  
Old December 4, 2003, 01:21   #346
deity
Emperor

Know this sign...
Attached Images:

Old December 4, 2003, 01:22   #347
deity
Emperor

For in time any evil empires will learn it well...
Old December 4, 2003, 01:37   #348
deity
Emperor

What had Lizard seen?

What did she feel?

How did the great nations of the world fair?

Strengths: Weaknesses

Serbs - military and techs: treacherous and deceitful (The building of Darwins Voyage by not receiving Rail from Azadine was contrary to Azadine agreement and will NEVER be forgiven)

Tar Tars (aka Bye Byes) - a long time ally: ultimately untrustworthy (re-negged on tech deal and only saved by brilliant Chinese diplomacy and support)

The Egyptians - once an ally, have a good heart: unstable, erratic with strange beliefs (cancelled their alliance with Azadine for no apparent reason)

The Chinese - friendly, honest, strong traders, techs: volatile leadership

The English - great ally from the beginning of time, strong culture, honest: low population, easily intimidated

The Indians - Strong traders, friendly, honest: a dark horse, mysterious politics, way too expansive beyond reasonable measure

Last edited by deity; December 4, 2003 at 01:47.
Old December 4, 2003, 01:56   #349
deity
Emperor

Azande demogs AD920
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	azande_demogs_ad920.jpg
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	58742  
Old December 4, 2003, 01:58   #350
deity
Emperor

Top Five cities AD 920
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	top_five_ad920.jpg
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	58743  
Old December 4, 2003, 02:01   #351
deity
Emperor

POWER AD 920
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	pg_ad920.jpg
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	58744  
Old December 4, 2003, 02:03   #352
deity
Emperor

Ancient Wonders
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	ancient_wonders.jpg
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	58745  
Old December 4, 2003, 02:05   #353
deity
Emperor

Renaissance Wonders
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	ren_wonders.jpg
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	58746  
Old December 4, 2003, 02:06   #354
deity
Emperor

Wonders of the Industrial Age
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	ind_wonders.jpg
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	58747  
Old December 4, 2003, 02:10   #355
deity
Emperor

Azande units
beware...

The Lizard hasn't started yet...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	azande_units.jpg
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	58750  
Old December 4, 2003, 02:12   #356
deity
Emperor

City unit recap...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	units_cities_ad920.jpg
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	58751  
Old December 4, 2003, 02:12   #357
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

ahhh the azande gloating in there power ....1!!!!!
Old December 4, 2003, 02:28   #358
deity
Emperor

Lizard was studying hard.

Where was all this going?

She saw plans within plans. It was the spice! (sorry, wrong planet...)

Now, where was she?

Ahhh, yes... The Lizard could SEE very clearly...

How did the worlds problems commence?

It started with a few minor SERBIAN skermishes with the TARTARS jostling for a bit of space in Eiurope.

It really started with a great carve up of the new world. The SERBS and English simply divided it up regardless of exploring nations who were hot on their heels. The great Winzity meerly desired a slice of the action, as did the Chinese. But, no, the Treaty of Budvka reigned supreme and all other nations were excluded. Outrageous when you think about it.

But what of the great, eternal alliance with the English?

I ask you. What of it? They had no choice. The Serbs would have cut through them at the time and only English diplomacy saved them... Lizard reflected. The English. I must stand by them, but...

Dangerous manouverings were afoot.

Dangerous foes were assembling.

A plan was being devised...
Old December 4, 2003, 02:30   #359
deity
Emperor

And Serbia was at the centre of it...
Old December 4, 2003, 02:32   #360
deity