Old October 24, 2003, 23:32   #91
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

Local Time: 05:26
Local Date: November 2, 2010
King Arthur welcomes his knights and governors to another meeting around the Round Table. First order of business is roll call, the ruling council has grown of late, welcoming Arthur's son-in-law, Stefan Uros, exiled ex-ruler of Serbia to the Round Table. The roll call is as follows:

Merlin - Foreign Minister
Sir Lancelot - Military Advisor
Sir Kay - Science Advisor
Stefan Uros - Trade Advisor
Sir Tristan - Economic Advisor
Sir Percivale - Attitude Advisor
Sir Galahad - Southern Explorer
Leif Ericson - Western Explorer
Sir Gawaine - Governor of Britain
Eric the Red - Governor of Scandanavia
Leovigild - Governor of Spain
Charles Martel - Governor of France
Leopold Babenberg - Governor of Austria

After roll call, King Arthur sets out the duties and expectations of the Knights of the Round Table and sets forth this policy in the following code:

God make you a good man and fail not of beauty. The Round Table was founded in patience, humility, and meekness.Thou art never to do outrageousity, nor murder, and always to flee treason, by no means to be cruel, and always to do ladies, damosels, and gentle women succour. Also, to take no battles in a wrongful quarrel for no law nor for no world's goods.

Thous shouldst be for all ladies and fight for their quarrels, and ever be courteous and never refuse mercy to him that asketh mercy, for a knight that is courteous and kind and gentle has favor in every place. Thou shouldst never hold a lady or gentle woman against her will.

Thou must keep thy word to all and not be feeble of good believeth and faith. Right must be defended against might and distress must be protected. Thou must know good from evil and the vain glory of the world, because great pride and bobauce maketh great sorrow. Should anyone require ye of any quest so that it is not to thy shame, thou shouldst fulfil the desire.

Ever it is a worshipful knights deed to help another worshipful knight when he seeth him a great danger, for ever a worshipful man should loath to see a worshipful man shamed, for it is only he that is of no worship and who faireth with cowardice that shall never show gentelness or no manner of goodness where he seeth a man in any danger, but always a good man will do another man as he would have done to himself.

It should never be said that a small brother has injured or slain another brother. Thou shouldst not fail in these things: charity, abstinence and truth. No knight shall win worship but if he be of worship himself and of good living and that loveth God and dreadeth God then else he geteth no worship here be ever so hardly.

An envious knight shall never win worship for and envious man wants to win worship he shall be dishonoured twice therefore without any, and for this cause all men of worship hate an envious man and will show him no favour.

Do not, nor slay not, anything that will in any way dishonour the fair name of Christian knighthood for only by stainless and honourable lives and not by prowess and courage shall the final goal be reached. Therefore be a good knight and so I pray to God so ye may be, and if ye be of prowess and of worthiness then ye shall be a Knight of the Table Round.

The following is the official emblem of the Knights of the Round Table:
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	emblem.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	6.3 KB
ID:	55764  

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old October 25, 2003, 00:04   #92
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 19:26
civil unrest continues in Egypt with still no word from King Tut, presumed dead, possible murdered by serb terrorists. THE MAN just smiled at all the unrest, he knew all this would help him....

.................................................. .........................................

and in the Great Temple of Raz in thebes the priests got the message from the great Raz they needed.....
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old October 25, 2003, 00:30   #93
deity
DiploGamesCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 21:26
"faith" of his daughter = "death" ?
Old October 25, 2003, 00:40   #94
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

im a bit lsot with all this intermarriage... whose related to who now
Old October 25, 2003, 00:46   #95
OzzyKP
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsDiploGamesPolyCast TeamCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG The Mercenary TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
ACS Staff Member

I took it to mean fate.

Now for some OCC diplogaming theorizing. Look for these thoughts to be included in the diplo-FAQ update I plan on writing. I believe I have taken over CapTVK's role as main curator of the diplo-genre.

But good stories Ljube. I was getting worried not hearing from you for the whole game so far. But good incorporation of Captain Grendel. I'm also pleased and surprized to see you elevate our brief kingchat exchange about religion into the storyline. Thats the kinda diplo-thinking I like to see.

Now I'm gonna have to read up on "consubstantial" and see how I can run with this. Do I see a split between Eastern and Western churches? I don't think we've played out a schism in a diplogame, could be cool.

I've welcomed Stefan Uros to the Round Table.

Y'all should try doing this too. Rather than create insular storylines, I like the idea of a flow of ideas and influences from all the players. Like I created a character for the Serbs in my early posts describing our early border dispute, Captain Grendel, who fit in nicely with my Beowulf theme. Instead of just ignoring my contribution to Serb history (as players often do) Ljube ran with it. And had him executed, hehe.

Good posting everyone. Keep it up

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah
Old October 25, 2003, 00:53   #96
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

ooc
yes intergration of characters is good, deity did some of that in hotw2 and i continued it in my threads in that game.

you just have to be careful not to interfer with othe peoples stories, but i am all for it, we are all in the same game after all.

This game is starting to look real interesting with all the reltionships going on and now with Indians welcoming my exiled king into his realm for protection...

Well done guys, you are keeping my interest up.....
Old October 25, 2003, 00:58   #97
deity
Emperor

Azande spies in Egypt!
The Azadine empire had believed for so long that it was the only civilisation in Southern Africa.

The peaceful Egyptians to the North were regularly assisted by the Azadines and even though Central and West Africa remained unsettled by the Egyptians, not one Azadine city was established there. The boundary of thousands of years ago had been honoured by the Azadines and would always be honoured.

An ancient alliance with a far civilisation called the Tartars was uncovered in the Temple of the Deity in the Azadine capital. In ancient times a mighty warrior arrived from the North and did offer an alliance allowing free movement of their warrior and quicker communications for bartering ideas. it had proven to be a most useful alliance but no military manouveres were ever practiced.

The leader of the Azadine was not a man but a congegation of witch doctors, one from each city. The Zande believed that if something happened, like a Granary collapsed, it was the result of witch craft. They believed this despite obvious evidence that suggested the reason for such a collapse in this example was due to termite infestation.

None the less the Zande believed in witch craft and believed they could make things happen.

When news of Azande spies in Egypt reached them they were stunned! Did the Azande truly exist? For they knew no such spy would eminate from Zandeland. It was the legend again! Did they make this happen?
Old October 25, 2003, 01:15   #98
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

THE MAN smiled as he looked across the crowd. Gathered before him were the court of Judges, they had just got hold of some Azande spys. They swore they were friendly and mainly just lost. But the crowd urged the judges to convict them and the sentence was death by fire.

THE MAN smiled again, yes the people were becoming more like him all the time.... The Time was ripe.... No king tut, no signs from the Priests, Yes this is my time thought THE MAN.....

And the fires rose higher and so did the screams of the Azande spies.......
Old October 25, 2003, 01:19   #99
deity
Emperor

"Pharaoh Trev was assassinated by Azande spies in Egyptian capital Thebes"

An emergency meeting of all Azadine witch doctors was convened in the capital. They pored over the message they'd received from an Egyptian friend. This was a crisis for the witch doctors. Had their witch craft caused this event? Or, was it the Azande from the West?

One witch doctor said, "The message says 'Azande' spy."

"Could our powers create an Azande spy?"

"The Uele say that the legendary Azande, the nomads from the stars, have settled in the Western jungles by the sea."

"The Uele are a rabble and speak twisted truths."

"The Uele have ONE great leader, it is said, and they are working on special device."

"The Uele also say that the Azande have a secret. They speak with fork-tongues."

"There is only one true race in Southern Africa and it is us! The Azadine! The Azadine empire!"

---

The witch doctors worked themselves into a fenzy! A lather. A new mood was developing. They could create anything! And they were the great rulers - they could see far. They could see plans within plans.
Old October 25, 2003, 01:33   #100
Berzerker
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 04:26
Quote:
What do we know about this "the man" character?"
"Not much, not even his real name.
He is the man with no name - CLINT EASTWOOD!
Old October 25, 2003, 01:36   #101
Berzerker
Emperor

Quote:
you just have to be careful not to interfer with othe peoples stories
Nay, I seek the removal of "the man" and return of Tut!!!

There's more warfare in this thread than the actual game.
Old October 25, 2003, 01:39   #102
deity
Emperor

Which witch doctor drew this map?
The three emerging cultures in Southern Africa.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	azande-civs.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	55768  
Old October 25, 2003, 01:42   #103
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Berzerker

Nay, I seek the removal of "the man" and return of Tut!!!

There's more warfare in this thread than the actual game.
That is fighting words ~!~

THE MAN
Old October 25, 2003, 02:01   #104
deity
Emperor

The frenzied witch doctors peered through the flames that burnt the spies. They could see the Egyptian faces gazing at the ugly death of the spies. Some appeared bothered. Some delighted. Special note was taken. THE MAN was a problem. A voice sang in the gnarled flames. It was not Egyptian but of Eastern origin. A soft fair voice saying that King Tut must be returned!

The Azadine witch dictors needed to look further. Much further than they'd EVER looked before. They sought this voice of reason. AND they could see on the faces of some of the Egyptians that they too could hear this voice.

The witch doctors knew that they must make this happen....
Old October 25, 2003, 04:25   #105
deity
Emperor

But the Azadine witch doctors did not forsee this.

The AZANDE secretly communicated with King Tut. As a gesture of good faith and remarkable fairness the Azande did plan to build a great city for the Egyptians on a great plain in Central Western Africa. The journey for the city builders was plotted and a good location agred upon...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	azande_city_to _egypt.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	55790  
Old October 25, 2003, 04:30   #106
deity
Emperor

It was believed that King Tut never agreed on the version of events presented by a far off race called Surbbs about the death of King Trev's daughter....
Old October 25, 2003, 09:40   #107
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Egyptian papers publish rumours of King Tuts appearance in Azande territory ...

This made th epeople even angrieer as he was supposed t obe heading East not South !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Strange things indeed are happening in africa
Old October 25, 2003, 13:08   #108
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 10:26
The fall of Dragutin
Just when he reached the pinnacle of his power, Stefan Dragutin fell off his horse while hunting and broke his leg. This made him immobile for six months. During this period a sequence of events led to the end of Dragutins reign and the ascension of his brother Stefan Uros.
A week after the hunting accident, Chinese Shah GenShwartzCough died and two weeks later pharaoh Tut went on a peacemaking mission to the Mid East and was replaced in Egypt by a warmonger “The Man”. Dragutin’s alliances were crumbling and the nobles and his brother were getting more and more restless. His brother Stefan Uros confronted Dragutin with a coalition of dukes and princes led by Bogdan Jugovic, powerful south Serbian magnate also known as Bogdan the kingmaker. They demanded Stefan Dragutin abdicated in favour of his younger brother. But the nobles supporting Dragutin were numerous too, perhaps more numerous than the supporters of Dragutin’s brother.
To avoid the civil war in times of despair, Dragutin met with his younger brother and they made a treaty. Stefan Dragutin will abdicate and his brother will become king under the name of Stefan Uros II Milutin. But the children of Dragutin will be Milutin’s successors. In addition, Dragutin shall retain the title of king and shall rule the area of western Serbia (Czech area) with Belgrade as his capital. Milutin shall move the capital of Serbia to the see of Serb archdiocese – Ras.

Stefan Uros II Milutin was crowned in Ras by Archbishop German a month after the agreement with his brother.

Last edited by Ljube; October 25, 2003 at 14:35.
Old October 25, 2003, 13:28   #109
Ljube
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization II MultiplayerDiploGamesC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

A herald arrived this morning to Serb capital Ras. He bore the personal message from “The MAN” for King Stefan Uros II Milutin.

“Let me hear what you have to say. I’m always interested in the news from our allies.”
“Your majesty, I bear the message from our great regent ‘The MAN’. He demands in his wisdom that Serbs surrender Ras to Egypt immediately. Ras was founded on Egyptian sacred land and is currently being defiled by Serb infidels. If you would not surrender Ras peacefully, Egypt will find other means to make sure Ras comes to Egyptian hands. Such was the message of ‘The MAN’”
“There is an old saying ‘don’t kill the messenger’. I’m afraid I never could see the wisdom of it”, said Milutin and waved to the guards.

The next morning the herald from “The MAN” had been decapitated and his head had been sent to “The MAN” as Serb reply to his demands.
Old October 25, 2003, 14:06   #110
Ljube
Emperor

The Tartar Empire is in turmoil
From a conversation at a dinner in Bogdan’s castle in Nis.

“There are rumours that Tartar King Sub has died leaving no heir. The Tartars are in a civil war”, Bogdan said
“Our armies are great in numbers and eager to eradicate the infidel Tartar bastards. I think we should attack at once”, Bogdan continued.
“The other nations would not favour us if we did like you suggested. I think we should issue an ultimatum to the Tartars first”, replied Milutin
“But your majesty, to whom do we address this ultimatum? After all, king Sub is reportedly dead.”
“We shall address the ultimatum to the King of Tartars. The ultimatum is only a peace of paper to cover our asses if anybody starts to question the legitimacy of our attack. I don’t expect Sub or anybody else in charge there to actually accept our ultimatum.”
“Your majesty, this is a brilliant idea worthy of your cunning reputation.”
“I’m sure you could have come to the same idea yourself had the hatred towards the Tartars not blinded you and limited your perspectives.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day King of Serbia Stefan Uros II Milutin issued the following ultimatum:

The crimes the Tartars have committed against the Serbs have mounted to the level that the only option Serbia has got at her disposal is to proclaim the state of war between our two nations aiming to check Tartar aggression and invasion of Serbian land. However, Serbia does not wish the destruction and loss of life the war is bound to bring to both sides. So in a last attempt at preserving the peace, Serbia lays down the terms that Tartars must fulfil if they wish to avoid the war with all its consequences:

1. The Tartars shall surrender the cities of Uppsala and Subotica to the Serbs without delay.

2. The Tartars shall destroy their fleet. They may disembark the passengers of their vessels but only in Asia.

3. The Tartars shall respect full city radius of all Serb cities overlapping with Tartar cities, except the buffalo of Kaupang agreed to be Tartar in a treaty between Tartar King Winzity and Serb King Stefan the First Crowned.

The Tartars have eight hours to respond to this ultimatum. If they do not respond, the Serbs shall consider that the Tartars have rejected the ultimatum.
Old October 25, 2003, 20:47   #111
Berzerker
Emperor

Quote:
Egyptian papers publish rumours of King Tuts appearance in Azande territory ...

This made th epeople even angrieer as he was supposed t obe heading East not South !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's Elvis!
Old October 25, 2003, 22:09   #112
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

THE MAN sat impatiently in the newly redecorated throne room. Whilst he was happy with the fact he now had complete control of the nations armies he kne whe still didnt have the full support of the people, most were stil lawaiting for the preists to annoint him as the next pharaoh but that still hadnt happened and no matter how many priests he had killed the rest wouldnt perform the ceremony and he so desired to have the full populace behind him. And these latest sightings of Tut in Africa concerned him, his secret guards were supposed to have payed the Azande to kill Tut, but now there were rumours of gifts and such. And what of the Indians offer, they offered a city if only he would stand aside and allow Tut back. At leat the Tartars hadnt weakened, they would go to war over this he knew them well. Yes more blood would flow, yes he liked the sound of that. He looked at his plans for invasion and counted the cost of lives to be lost .... MMMMMMM death, he liked the sound of that,!!!!!!!!
Old October 25, 2003, 22:41   #113
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

"Sire, disturbing news from the world. It seems the whole world is in turmoil."
"What is it, Merlin?"
"The Serbs have toppled their leader once more. Sir Stephan's younger son has now acended to the throne."
"Goodness, they change Kings like Englishmen change underwear."
"To be fair, the former King was in office for several months."
"Fine, they change Kings as often as a Scot changes his underwear."
"Ha ha ha. Things look none the better elsewhere. It seems The Man has solidifyed his support in Egypt. Using the ruse of Azande spies to whip up public support. Sir Galahad says they burned the spies alive and danced around the flames like the vicious pagans they are."
"That is quite unfortunate. Tell Galahad to get himself out of there immediately. Send him east to build ties with the Tartars and Indians."
"Yes Sir. The Tartars are in upheaval too. Their ruler, King Sub has died and leaves no heir. The Serb ambasador says they are moving towards civil war."
"Quite a shame. What of the others?"
"The Chinese Shah has died in a hunting accident, our African friends are fragmented into three different cultures, and the Indians... well I don't know much about the Indian's ruler."
"The whole world is in unheaval. This is a scary time, Merlin. These next few years could create dramatic changes in the world. The British must stay away from conflict. Our people may not enjoy the power and riches of other nations, but they know peace and tranquility. Ours is a stable Kingdom, my reign has been long and for that I am grateful. Let us pray to Lord Jesus to deliver us from this time of trouble and ensure our long peace continues."
"Amen sir."

Old October 25, 2003, 22:48   #114
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

THE MAN continued to pace, if he had any hair he would be pulling it out by now. The Tartars are the key to his hopes, and no word was coming from then. but , he thought to himself, no word is good, he could get the propoganda machine working on it that no word was an insult to Egyptians everywhere, yes he thought, and he coudl spread the stories of the rape and mutilation of man , women and child throughout Tartar controlled mid east, yes that would work,,

MMM he loved his work.....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Raz smiled as he saw his priests and his annointed one moving to complete his latest plans ......
Old October 25, 2003, 22:50   #115
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

But what reaaly bugged THE MAn was this latest from his spies in England "Underwear" waht the hell is that ?????

Hmm he must investigate that, get his scientists right onto it ....
Old October 25, 2003, 22:54   #116
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

The Great Raz decended again and stood outside his temple
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	temple1.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	55860  
Old October 25, 2003, 22:55   #117
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

He smiled and walked in the Priests at the entrance just bowed and fell to the floor
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	temple2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	55861  
Old October 25, 2003, 22:57   #118
OzzyKP
staff
ACS Staff Member

King Arthur meets with Sir Kay, his science advisor.

"Your highness, I have arrange a trade of technology with our Egyptian friends."
"What?! You didn't trade away the...."
"Oh no sir, not that."
"What then?"
"We have pledged to share our knowledge of underwear if the Egyptians explain the benefits of bathing."
"Hmm, bathing, I am unsure what that is, but I shall trust you Sir Kay. If you believe it is worth our underwear technology, then I applaud you. I hope this bathing thing works for us."

Old October 25, 2003, 22:57   #119
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Yes this was magnificent he thought to himslef.... Magic will happen tonight he thoguht to himself ... This was the heart of all Raz worship
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	colonade.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	55862  
Old October 25, 2003, 22:59   #120
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

Meanwhile THE MAN looked over his latest achiements the completion of the great Court of THE MAN...
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	court.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	12.1 KB
ID:	55863