View Poll Results: Vote for whoever you want in POLITBURO. You can vote more than once!
Greeny 4 8.89%
Colwyn 4 8.89%
Stefan Hartel 7 15.56%
H Tower 8 17.78%
Bossy200000 4 8.89%
STYOM 2 4.44%
conmcb25 5 11.11%
Who cares! 1 2.22%
Elections in the Soviet Union? What the he11 is this? 6 13.33%
The Banana Man! 4 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 29, 2003, 14:59   #1
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 04:31
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Politburo Elections!
OK vote for whom you want to be on Politburo.

The most votes becomes the Genral Secrty who then appoints his ministers.

Colwyn is running for Marshall and Politburo. So only vote for him in one thread!!!!!!!

Seven days to vote!
Old September 29, 2003, 15:18   #2
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 05:31
Thanks for straightening this out for me H!
Old September 30, 2003, 06:16   #3
Colwyn
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 19:31
Re: Politburo Elections!
Quote:
Originally posted by H Tower
OK vote for whom you want to be on Politburo.

The most votes becomes the Genral Secrty who then appoints his ministers.

Colwyn is running for Marshall and Politburo. So only vote for him in one thread!!!!!!!

Seven days to vote!
Me Marshall are you sure? I don't recall nominating for this, gen sec mayby but Marshall, oh well see what the vote is.
Old September 30, 2003, 10:12   #4
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Re: Re: Politburo Elections!
Quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn

Me Marshall are you sure? I don't recall nominating for this, gen sec mayby but Marshall, oh well see what the vote is.
I nominated you yesterday right before we started the polls!

After our Yahoo conversations I felt I knew you well enough to know you would accept either.

And we need a recharge in this Demo game. You might be the man to do it!
Old September 30, 2003, 10:17   #5
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Heres my speech!

I am willing to serve on Politburo preferably in a less demanding role. (It seems lately that RL is cramping my CIV 2 time)

With that being said Ill be Arms or Econ Minister if you guys need me but I prefer a role where I do not have to post on a regular basis.

What about the rest? Speach, speach, speach!!!!!!!
Old September 30, 2003, 13:05   #6
Bossy20000
Prince

Local Time: 10:31
Uhm, well, I think we all know we need a Party Ideologist to keep are minds pure and empty. Uhm, well, not empty, I mean, oh what ever.

Ok, I think I have done a great job as Party Ideologist (looks around for people not agreeing, his list ready) so I think it should be clear that you have to vote for me. Or else
Old September 30, 2003, 13:08   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Well Im in a dead heat with the banana man! Boy Im really sweating out this election!
Old September 30, 2003, 14:43   #8
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
After our Yahoo conversations I felt I knew you well enough to know you would accept either.
Colwyn, do you accept the nomination, or do you withdraw? I don't think that this is the proper way of nominating people, conmcb. The person has to accept the nomination before you put them in the election.

What about FMK? Has he accepted the nominations either?

Quote:
I nominate FMK for the position of Marshal of the Soviet Union.
That's the only mention of FMK. I do not see any post by FMK accepting the nomination. Conmcb, you cannot put people in elections unless they have accepted the nominations that others put forth!
Old September 30, 2003, 15:52   #9
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Colwyn, do you accept the nomination, or do you withdraw? I don't think that this is the proper way of nominating people, conmcb. The person has to accept the nomination before you put them in the election.

What about FMK? Has he accepted the nominations either?

That's the only mention of FMK. I do not see any post by FMK accepting the nomination. Conmcb, you cannot put people in elections unless they have accepted the nominations that others put forth!
Tough luck, you aren't the General Secretary and these elections have been advertised for weeks.

If you dont want them in the election then just dont vote for them.

But the elections can continue. If worse comes to worse and lets say FMK gets elected and then declines we can always go with the guy who got the second highest amount of votes.

Both H Tower and I are rapidly getting involved with RL issues and need a break. The elections move on.

And if you dont like this answer, my apologizes, but my suggestion is just dont vote for me!
Old September 30, 2003, 18:48   #10
Colwyn
Prince

Local Time: 19:31
I'll accept the nomination, for too long has the iron hand of comrade Zangalis been missing involving the Front lines.
Old September 30, 2003, 19:33   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Colwyn
I'll accept the nomination, for too long has the iron hand of comrade Zangalis been missing involving the Front lines.
Thats the Colwyn I know and love!
Old September 30, 2003, 19:38   #12
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Quote:
Tough luck, you aren't the General Secretary and these elections have been advertised for weeks.
I ran because I did not expect FMK or Colwyn to stand... They had not accepted their nominations so I felt that the position had no one interested in running.

Quote:
But the elections can continue. If worse comes to worse and lets say FMK gets elected and then declines we can always go with the guy who got the second highest amount of votes.
That's irregular. I would object if I were nominated and then stuck in the election without my consent.

Anyway, I'm pleased to see Colwyn accept his nomination. Now we have a real election.
Old September 30, 2003, 19:49   #13
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
That's irregular. I would object if I were nominated and then stuck in the election without my consent.
I dont disagree however participation has been pretty lax lately (me included) and I didn't want to wait till it was over for elections. And this is your opinion, the other guys may not care, (like Colwyn) and if they do we just go with the second guy.

Improvise, adapt and overcome. We will finish this PBEM somehow.

Ill have Bossy add you to the dissident list............
Old September 30, 2003, 22:54   #14
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
Did I not orchestrate the capture of Helsinki? Surely that ought to prove my loyalty.

Besides, weren't you the head of the last uprising?
Old September 30, 2003, 22:58   #15
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Quote:
Besides, weren't you the head of the last uprising?
Actually I was
Old September 30, 2003, 22:58   #16
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi Besides, weren't you the head of the last uprising?
Actually I was in charge of the bonafide legal government and was purged! But I managed to escape exile to Siberia and rose to be Gen Secrty. Be careful, I have nine lives!
Old September 30, 2003, 23:06   #17
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 09:31
*While reading the PRAVDA reports on the "Elections"*

"Politics, politics, Russian politics. Make's me glad I left the Econ Ministry for the comfort of living in the front with my troops in a position as apolitical as it gets over here."
*looks at the snowy,desolate, bombed out terrain of central Germany*
"Still beats Siberia. Plus I can loot."
Old October 1, 2003, 01:40   #18
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
Plus I can loot."
As a good Russian you need to do more than that!

German women, blond, no one to protect them, get the picture?
Old October 1, 2003, 14:37   #19
Bossy20000
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

A vos ordres, mon Commandant!

Oh, BTW, I think we have to keep this thread political correct, so we can't speak of looting, we have to talk about 'relocation of production goods'. I think our government has become way to agressive in its communiqués with the public
Old October 1, 2003, 14:47   #20
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
A vos ordres, mon Commandant!

/me remembers my last trip to Siberia.
Old October 2, 2003, 15:39   #21
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Looks like voting has slowed down! Come on guys get out and vote!!!!!!!!!
Old October 4, 2003, 14:33   #22
H Tower

It's a close race for the General Secretary position
Old October 6, 2003, 12:07   #23
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Voting is almost done, come on people, has total apathy set in?
Old October 6, 2003, 12:19   #24
Bossy20000
Prince

Are there only 12 comrades left??? What has happened with all the persons on my list? Have they all been liquidated... I mean, sent to re-education camps?

Come on people, vote and show that you are still alive and kicking!!!!!
Old October 6, 2003, 18:49   #25
H Tower

I'm the new General Secretary, if my fellow members of the Politburo would please speak up as to what positions they desire, I can begin handing out assignments : b :
Old October 7, 2003, 11:06   #26
Bossy20000
Prince

Congratulations, comrade!
If you still want me, I could continue my task as Party Ideologist and keep the list of players and their functions!

(Soon there will be a huge update, I wait till I here more from you )
Old October 7, 2003, 11:28   #27
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

If Colwyn doesn't want it (offer to him first) Ill be ECON assuming greeny remains as ARM's.

But offer it to Colwyn first.

I'd rather just post and b1tch, so I dont have to do anything.........
Old October 7, 2003, 13:40   #28
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 09:31
Congradulations to the new General Secretary. May he lead our government well, and not be fooled with foolish pacifist principles.
Old October 7, 2003, 14:53   #29
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
not be fooled with foolish pacifist principles.
Comrade Sorokin has proven his battle readiness many times.

Truly, we will establish harmony in Europe under the glorious communist revolution.
Old October 11, 2003, 00:59   #30
H Tower

So does anyone want a position or not?