Old September 30, 2003, 12:28   #1
johndmuller
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Peace
King

Local Time: 04:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Nominations for next Fleet Operations Cap'n - for 2141-2160 (or 2150)
Nominations for next Fleet Operations Cap'n (i.e. - the Matey takin' the turns) for 2141 to 2150 (or 60).

It seems like it's time to give someone else a turn at the 'FOP' role. Cap'n Hercules seems to be getting a bit punch-drunk from all the cheap shots the Cuspidore is taking at him and they can't even keep the phones working at the Foreign Ministry.

I haven't really checked too closely as to who are the active members at the moment (so if I've neglected anyone, please accept my humble apologies), but my recollection would have it that the likely candidates would be (alphabetically):
-Cap'n FlameFlash
-Cap'n Flubber
-Cap'n Makahlua

That would be leaving out the Cuspidore and Cap'n Herc, who have each already served 2 bloodthirsty (thirsty because we didn't get too much blood) 10 year terms and Cap'n Atlantean, who doesn't have SMAX (AFAIK) - have I got that right? have I left anyone out?

We seem to have a semi-independent office of Foreign Minister, which could also need refilling (especially if the current Secretary of State gets kicked upstairs in this election) and we could possibly spin off a couple of other semi-independent positions, like a Base Operations Manager and a Terraforming Czar who would generate and post detailed plans well in advance, which the FOP would follow unless surprise events during play of the turn suggested otherwise.

I would suggest that we work on the FOP first and see if we need a new Foreign Minister or not and then decide if we want/need the other two positions (or other positions all together) and flesh them out and assign them later.

I'll probably post an 'official' election poll in a little while unless someone else beats me to it or the flow of remarks in this thread somehow indicates otherwise.

Last edited by johndmuller; September 30, 2003 at 13:54.
Old September 30, 2003, 15:15   #2
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Right now, you could probably keep BaseOps & Terraforming together - they kinda do go hand in hand. Wanna volunteer yourself? ^_^ Seriously you have been giving pretty good advice so far in that department

foolish_icarus has been around -some- but not frequently; and I second ...myself
Old September 30, 2003, 19:34   #3
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 10:35
I would be happy to second any of the three nominations. Remember we agreed rotation of posts as a guiding principle, so every active and able cap'n will get the call to do his/her duty.

Our propaganda news reporting, activity has slumped of late, so I would like to devote some attention to that. Plus we need to strengthen our RP side if we are to attract and retain new pirates.

Mark123 has also being reasonable active but I recently checked on recent postings by other signed up pirates: Plaguerat. Bulmaster, and they post elsewhere mostly Civptw, Civ3 general type forums or off topic.

Because Flubber stood aside to allow me to run for FOP, I feel it is only right that I nominate Flubber or second as the case may be.

Whoever becomes FOP I will email them with advice on how to shrug off Cuspidore's paper dirks.

Last edited by Hercules; September 30, 2003 at 19:40.
Old September 30, 2003, 20:59   #4
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 03:35
I would regretfully decline the nomination. I am finding as 4 month old son to be more time consuming than ever and work is getting increasingly busy-- I doubt I could do the job justice

I would prefer to remain as ambassador unless someone else wants the role
Old October 3, 2003, 19:31   #5
johndmuller
King

Besides Cap'n Maki, Cap'n FlameFlash seems to be the only other eligible active player at the moment.

I would propose that the torch pass to Cap'n Maki unless Cap'n FlameFlash expresses some interest soon, in which case we should have an election.
Old October 3, 2003, 19:40   #6
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

As there is interest in this thread, I am just taking the opportunity in it to announce that Cap'n H0bbes has just joined the Pirates. So I hope you'll give him a hearty welcome.
Old October 3, 2003, 19:55   #7
johndmuller
King

Hey Cap'n Hobbes, good to have you aboard! You should feel right at home as we seem are located down under on Chiron.

Now you and Cap'n Flubber can gang up on me to get me cracking on Cap'n Yang's Crusade - believe it or not, I am almost ready to send off the long overdue turn to you, maybe this very evening.
Old October 9, 2003, 20:48   #8
Hercules
Deity

Heh Maki have you taken vittels, spices , salt and recipe books and of course xenorum on board the flag ship.

But would you acknowledge you are set to take over the Fleet operations Pirate role. We haven't heard from ye for a while, so just checking ye didne get swallowed by a whale or anything.
Old October 10, 2003, 04:17   #9
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Was the hypothetical whale named Morrowind by chance?

That and I've been sharing the computer this week with vactioning family But yes, I loaded up my chef equipment and sundry cooking bits, not to mention the xenorum and xenotequila. And alot of limes to go with those. *nodnod*